Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Parts Wanted » WTD: Aftermarket computer. EMS or MOTEC etc.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MRTA22
Regular

May 2002
WTD: Aftermarket computer. EMS or MOTEC etc. Sat, 29 June 2002 12:33 Go to next message
Hi guys, i am looking at buying a new computer for my car. I am sending my INJEC one back on monday to have it repaired then ill sell that. I would love a Motec evenif it is an older model cause ill get it upgraded. A Haltech or EMS etc would also suffice. If anyone has one they would like to sell please get back to me. I dont want to spend a fortune (under $1000) and want one with handset and wiring if possible. I know its alot to ask for but hey its worth a try. My email is MRTA22_CELICA@hotmail.com and my mobile number is 0408482399.

Thanks. Jamie.
  Send a private message to this user    
MRTA22
Regular

May 2002
Re: WTD: Aftermarket computer. EMS or MOTEC etc. Mon, 01 July 2002 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi guys, i have been offered a Haltec computer (model before current one) with multi coils,crank angle sensor,loom,blanking plug for dizzy,wired up and tuned for around $1000. Does anyone run a Haltech with their 3TGTEU? If so how does it go. I need this car going quickly but i want it to still have good quality parts, so if anyone has praise or critiscism please let me know.
Thanks
Jamie.
Dabbid
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: WTD: Aftermarket computer. EMS or MOTEC etc. Mon, 01 July 2002 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is the engine modified at all? if not much has been done you're best off with the toyota ecu!
MRTA22
Regular

May 2002
Re: WTD: Aftermarket computer. EMS or MOTEC etc. Tue, 02 July 2002 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dabbid, the engine is very modified and currently runs an INJEC computer. It makes over 500hp so a stock computer is definatly out of the question. I know that multi coils will give better burn and more power i just want to know peoples opinions on Haltech computers and in particular if they are good for a 3TGTEU.

Jamie.
Dabbid
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: WTD: Aftermarket computer. EMS or MOTEC etc. Tue, 02 July 2002 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
500hp????? think i might have to get to work on mine then, just need some dollars Smile i know a few people with haltec on rotors (but they dont count) with multi coils and they seem to run ok, if u got the money motec is the way to go though!!
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: WTD: Aftermarket computer. EMS or MOTEC etc. Wed, 03 July 2002 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm assuming that your talking about a E6S?

If so, around $1k sound like a fair price if it's all ready to go.
roger
Regular

June 2002
Re: WTD: Aftermarket computer. EMS or MOTEC etc. Wed, 03 July 2002 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you have 500 hp I assume you are well over the 14 psi mark if so does your haltech that you are thinking about come with a 3 bar map sensor? ause you will need it. If it doesn't factor in that in the price usally $120 +. But I know where some are going cheap Rolling I will sell one for $80 or swap a 3bar one for a 2 bar if you need one. Once you move to the 3bar you will of course need to remap the engine.

roger
MRTA22
Regular

May 2002
Re: WTD: Aftermarket computer. EMS or MOTEC etc. Wed, 03 July 2002 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi mate, yes it uses considerably more than 14psi. 38 to be exact!!!! The one im looking at getting has the 3bar map already in it. Its the model before the E6s, i think E5S?? Same but only 2 outputs instead of 4 (auxillary ones that is) It also comes with multi coils etc. I just need to sell my INJEC one and im in business. Turns out that my computer was good just the loom has a problem somewhere but for what a new loom will cost i only have to sell my computer and add a couple of hundred to it and i have a Haltech and multi coils. So if anyone wants an INJEC fuel/ignition computer with 30psi map in it ill take $500 firm from any Toymods member (financial or not) Otherwise ill advertise it in the Trading post for $700. Its done bugger all use. Sat in my cupboard for the past year and before that the car was in storage for most of the previous year.

My number is 0408482399 if anyone is interested.

Jamie.
Teenz
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: WTD: Aftermarket computer. EMS or MOTEC etc. Wed, 03 July 2002 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jamie,

Just wondering if you will be attending the Dyno Day on Sunday..... you never know you might go home with the Killerwatt King Trophy. Rolling

Ps. Rod said to tell you to talk to a forum member by the name of

Just Engine Management (Just search the forum member list)

He should be able to help you with all your queries....

Cya
MRTA22
Regular

May 2002
Re: WTD: Aftermarket computer. EMS or MOTEC etc. Wed, 03 July 2002 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Teenz, i would have made the dyno day had it not been for the trouble with my computer wiring! I will be at the next one for sure but ill also post up a dyno sheet once i get it done with new computer,custom inlet,extractors etc. The car is out of rego as of the 15th of this month so i have to save my arse off. Thanks god i can go do my tax next week and get some money back. Rolling
I will talk to the guy Rod suggested (thanks Rod). Although i dont think anyone will beat the quote i already have. How far off is Rods car now??? I still have to talk to him about the cam specs as well. Was the dipstick the right one??
Anyways catch ya later and thanks for the reply.

Jamie.
Teenz
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: WTD: Aftermarket computer. EMS or MOTEC etc. Wed, 03 July 2002 13:18 Go to previous message
Jamie,

Not a problem...... it is a shame that you will not have the car ready for the Dyno Day....I look forward to seeing it next time.

As for Rod's car , well maybe the next Dyno Day it will make it's appearance.

Glad to be of some help anyway......

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:wtd: engine stand
Next Topic:T18 dash/instruments
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 18 16:46:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0060431957244873 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.