Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Test your 1G-GTE Skills.. Please :)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Gryphon Power!
Regular

June 2003
Test your 1G-GTE Skills.. Please :) Mon, 07 July 2003 14:01 Go to next message
looking at fitting a 1g-gte motor into my car.. its the 180hp version though..
I have most of the bits and pieces for the 210hp version..

What are the differences?
  Send a private message to this user    
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Test your 1G-GTE Skills.. Please :) Tue, 08 July 2003 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As far as I am aware, whats inside the engines is exactly the same. The turbo's are the same.

Wastegate solenoid, ECU, injectors, most of the ancileries and some of the manifolds are different.
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Test your 1G-GTE Skills.. Please :) Tue, 08 July 2003 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anthony are the turbos the same? i thought they were slightly smaller?
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Test your 1G-GTE Skills.. Please :) Tue, 08 July 2003 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the outlets differed.
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Test your 1G-GTE Skills.. Please :) Tue, 08 July 2003 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I ain't no expert but I was under the impression that it was only the wastegate actuator that was different, the gen 2/3's having stiffer springs in them.

Speaking of which, has anyone ever thought of compressing the actuator housing to install some preload into the actuator. It should bring the boost on earlier
-Mark-
Regular

July 2003
Re: Test your 1G-GTE Skills.. Please :) Tue, 08 July 2003 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The 180 has the air/water intercooler and the 210 has the air/air cooler.

I dont' know what else though.
Gryphon Power!
Regular

June 2003
Re: Test your 1G-GTE Skills.. Please :) Tue, 08 July 2003 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have the other parts, im going to get a 180hp version of the 1g. and want to know the differences, i have the 210hp turbo's, different intercooler, and all the 210hp injector stuff.. all i was getting is the long motor and probably use the inlet manifold for now.
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Test your 1G-GTE Skills.. Please :) Tue, 08 July 2003 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's also been rumoured that the 3rd gen has a different map on its computer.

evidence may be that a 1st or 2nd gen motor with similar mods to a 3rd gen never seems to make as much power.
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Test your 1G-GTE Skills.. Please :) Tue, 08 July 2003 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Luke, yours is a 3rd gen motor isn't it??
You made pretty much the same power as I did on Dyno Day 6 and mine is a Gen 2. I think the difference was about 5kW or something close anyway.

As far as I know, the inside of the engines are the same, You shouldn't have any problems getting it up to speed.

The biggest problem you will have is matching the gen 3 ECU and loom to all the peripherals on the engine, cos most of the plugs are different.
ddeane
Regular

June 2002
Re: Test your 1G-GTE Skills.. Please :) Tue, 08 July 2003 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gidday

If you have a look back a few months I provided a list of all the differences between a gen 2 and a gen 3 that I had found. Lots of things are different from throttle body to TPS to turbos (compressor wheel is bigger on gen 3) to ehaust manifold (the gen 3 is a real improvement on the gen 2) to intake piping to almost all sensors). I also assume the computer is different as it has different plugs. As to whether the internals are different I have no idea.

Assumptions that they make more boost by stronger a spring in the waste gate actuator are very simplistic - maybe revised exhaust manifolding, different specification turbos, bigger inlet piping and remapped computer may have something to do with it

Craig
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Test your 1G-GTE Skills.. Please :) Wed, 09 July 2003 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
goldie.. yeah my one is a gen 3 but the major difference comes when you have a gen 2 running 14.5psi and a 3rd gen running 14.5psi both with 3 inch exhausts. the 3rd gen seems to make quite a bit more power.
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Test your 1G-GTE Skills.. Please :) Wed, 09 July 2003 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
goldie.. also my car ran below 9:1 A/F ratios due to a big leak on the manifold that connects to the throttle body, so that leak alone should have helped the A/F ratios a little, suspect a slight leak in the cooler aswell, (rough idle) so with the A/F raios cleaned up a little it should make a bit more power, but I no longer run the standard boost..

Standard boost is for girls (AKA corrolla drivers)
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
icon6.gif  Re: Test your 1G-GTE Skills.. Please :) Wed, 09 July 2003 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bugman wrote on Wed, 09 July 2003 12:53

Standard boost is for girls (AKA corrolla drivers)

ouch, thats going to hurt. Well, it would if corolla drivers used turbo's Evil or Very Mad
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Test your 1G-GTE Skills.. Please :) Wed, 09 July 2003 05:26 Go to previous message
Yeah mine ran at about 10:1 last weekend, and put out about 120kw. I am running about 9-10psi, can't be sure as mu boost gauge is stuffed.

I see your point on the differences at higher pressures. Makes you wonder why toyota developed the gen 3 and then dragged it back to around the same power as the gen 2.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE86 Digital Dash wiring?!?
Next Topic:GT4 Fuel Pressure Regulator
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 11:46:00 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048091411590576 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.