Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » disc brakes on a 22 diff?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
sleeka73
Regular

April 2003

disc brakes on a 22 diff? Thu, 10 July 2003 11:19 Go to next message
i had some rear disc brakes lying around (unsure what they are maybe later model celica??), i tried fitting them to a spare diff i had and well, they fit Very Happy , my question is whats involved in putting these on properly , my guess is u need a brake booster that suits, new lines that suit the setup, and engeneers certificate???cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
ChuckLandwehr
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: disc brakes on a 22 diff? Fri, 11 July 2003 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Engineers certificate definately. Axle bearing retainer plate may have to be changed, source new brake lines and brake pipe to suit. The TA22 Master and booster should be fine, however you may like to swap it for an RA23/28 unit. The brake bias can be sorted by cutting 2 coils from the spring in the bottom of the brake fluid distribution block. (mounted on the firewall). My son and I have used Corona Avanti rear discs on a TA22 and an RA23, the only other thing other than what has been mentioned, is that we had to move the shocky mount on the diff housing inboard by 25mm.

regards Chuck
sleeka73
Regular

April 2003

Re: disc brakes on a 22 diff? Fri, 11 July 2003 16:15 Go to previous message
i'll look into it a bit more , how much did your engineers certificate cost? and was the reason you had to move the shock mounts in 25mm the fact the handbrake cable tentioner was scraping against it? i have a feeling mine are corona avanti discs too
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Smoke from Carbies?!? not good rite?? or just drive faster so the smoke will go away?!!!?!?
Next Topic:high reving gze
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 9 00:59:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054919719696045 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.