Toymods » Tech & Conversions » wierd knocking noise in ra23

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
icon4.gif  wierd knocking noise in ra23 Mon, 14 July 2003 10:20 Go to next message
Coming home today my car starting making a wierd knocking noise. Taking my foot off the accelerator would make it knock. I couldn't really pinpoint where abouts it was tho. When I stopped at lights, the noise slowed down, making me think something foreign might have gotten stuck, but when I pushed the accelerator, the noise went away.

When I got home I had as good a look as I could, was getting dark, and the car was dripping wet as its raining here so getting underneath wasn't pleasant, and nothing really looked out of place. I'm hoping it isn't anything gearbox/clutch related as I want to swap this into a new car soon. Does anyone have any idea's?
  Send a private message to this user    
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: wierd knocking noise in ra23 Mon, 14 July 2003 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats your old motor trying to get out of your engine bay to make way for something with more balls
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: wierd knocking noise in ra23 Mon, 14 July 2003 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah I know Razz But anything seriously? I'm abit worried doing a 70km round trip to and from work in it tomorrow with it knocking all the way.

Made me think of that midget with hammer qantas problem, but I couldn't see the midget when I was looking around
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: wierd knocking noise in ra23 Mon, 14 July 2003 21:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds like the diff, my last two diffs have made knocking noises before detonation!!! drop the diff oil and check it out if it sounds like its coming from the rear end
justin
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: wierd knocking noise in ra23 Tue, 15 July 2003 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah I reckon it might be the diff actually. I took it to work today, foolishly, and the last five minutes the arse had a mind of its own and was starting to drift out on me... Not sure how I'm going to get it home.
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: wierd knocking noise in ra23 Tue, 15 July 2003 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok I've lined up a diff with a mate, but its from a ta22. Will that fit into my ra23?
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: wierd knocking noise in ra23 Tue, 15 July 2003 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nar wont fit
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: wierd knocking noise in ra23 Tue, 15 July 2003 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
too small?
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: wierd knocking noise in ra23 Tue, 15 July 2003 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, I found this thread http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=10358 and have lined up a 10 bolt ta22 diff, cheers
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
icon11.gif  Re: wierd knocking noise in ra23 Tue, 15 July 2003 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
turns out it wasn't the diff. About 300meters out of work I hear this, KACHUNK, and I'm like, fark, there goes the diff, then I see my left rear tyre coasting past the car.... smack through someones fence then wham into their porch. Abstestos wall, nice indentation mark! Seems like when I swapped tyres around on saturday I didn't tighten that one up all the way Embarassed Probably didn't think of it as it starting playing up a few days after the fact. Anywho, the drum was slightly rubbing against the cover so it was making some noises. Few kays down the road and jacked it up and whacked it semi back into place.

Don't think I did too much damage but going to take it to mechanic tomorrow just to be sure Embarassed
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: wierd knocking noise in ra23 Tue, 15 July 2003 22:29 Go to previous message
bugger! I was actually going to suggest the shocks might have become un attached to the rear axle housing and were swinging around knocking things and because not being attached you're just riding on the springs and the ass of the car gets thrown around. Has happened to me before.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:GZ10 soarer 1G GTE Conversion, need help
Next Topic:Re: Breaking in
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 19:14:46 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.003864049911499 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.