Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 2t/3t hybrid engines what do you think

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
OLD-12C
Regular

July 2003
2t/3t hybrid engines what do you think Wed, 16 July 2003 08:59 Go to next message
im interested in buying a 2t/3t hybrid engine it has been worked to the bullshit and i was wondering weather anyone has done this conversion and how the engine holds up in power and lifespan.How much power have these engines produced?
  Send a private message to this user    
OLD-12C
Regular

July 2003
Re: 2t/3t hybrid engines what do you think Wed, 16 July 2003 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump
trent_kershaw
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: 2t/3t hybrid engines what do you think Wed, 16 July 2003 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know someone with one of these and he has had it for years. No problems as of yet. It's not that worked, but it runs pretty smooth, and has enough power 60-70rwkw.

Trent
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: 2t/3t hybrid engines what do you think Wed, 16 July 2003 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i love em, im building one right now
justin
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon14.gif  Re: 2t/3t hybrid engines what do you think Wed, 16 July 2003 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Track down the President (Rod) and he'll talk to you until your ears drop off. Smile
OLD-12C
Regular

July 2003
Re: 2t/3t hybrid engines what do you think Thu, 17 July 2003 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump
Snyper
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2t/3t hybrid engines what do you think Thu, 17 July 2003 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't think many people are replying because this topic comes up so often, is all you need to do is search for it, and you will gte5 a whole lot of info on it, I have one of these, 3t bottom end with the 2tg head, am running aftermarket fuel injection and big cams, still too lazy to get it tuned properly but it is happily putting out 70rwkw... but the air fuel ratio when I did the dyno run was very rich....
I have given in and am currently looking into turboing, and am slowly getting all the neccesary items to do this with...
but yeah, do a search for these hybrid engines, they're good engines to do....
basics are, 3t bottom end, you'll need to flycut the pistons to make enough clearance for the valves, then put on your 2tg head and off ya go, or you could rebuild everything and cost a small mint, hehehe

Brendon
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon5.gif  Re: 2t/3t hybrid engines what do you think Thu, 17 July 2003 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"Worked to the bullshit" doesn't give me much to go on as far as expected output. can you get the details of what its actual specs are ?

Cam specs, Compression ratio and bore at the very least.

These engines are not Huge performers. ate you getting a twincam version or just a Pushrod single cam version ? Eiother way they can be a really good thing and are reliable when properly maintained. Theres ALOT of info on the T series engine on these forums. Have a good read and get back to us with any questions. I am really busy trying to sort a new job at the moment so i am not online that much but will try and get back to you if you have anything you want to know.

OLD-12C
Regular

July 2003
Re: 2t/3t hybrid engines what do you think Thu, 17 July 2003 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it has race cams 11:1 comp stroked to 2 litre balanced blueprinted race bearings the lot it was built for circuit racing
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: 2t/3t hybrid engines what do you think Sun, 20 July 2003 10:21 Go to previous message
Assuming its been built well and the cam timing is set right that should be quite a nice performer. "Race Cams" makes it hard to say what sort of power it will make. Tina's made 102 RWHP with L1 Cosworth "race cams" (They were the biggest regrind available. Any bigger needs to be hard faced.) It only had 9.8:1 compression and 1mm oversized pistons tho.

As for life span, looked after properly it should go for ages, Once again assuming all is as it should be inside. Just use a good oil and keep an eye on it. (They generally suffer bad blow by at high RPM)

If you do get the engine and put it onthe rollers let us know what hse makes. And better yet a 1/4 mile time would be awesome.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Nolathane Part No.
Next Topic:ma61 aircon
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 22:08:55 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0036680698394775 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.