Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
V8villain
Newcomer

July 2003
Supra 6 speed to 1UZFE Sat, 19 July 2003 12:05 Go to next message
I'm looking for divine guidance here. Have engine already with factory slushbox, don't really want to opt for the soft 5 speed option if at all possible. Understand that the getrag (v160. 161) or type 226 'box has integrated bellhousing, which would mean the use of some sort of adaptor plate. Has anyone been able to do this? Embarassed
  Send a private message to this user    
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Supra 6 speed to 1UZFE Sat, 19 July 2003 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
someone's feeling rich

what sort of a car is it in?
typically in aftermarket applications the shifter on the getrag box sits too far back anyhow, so you'll almost certainly need a shifter relocation as well.

afaik noone on the forums has tried this, but I'm sure a metal fab place could make you one up if you gave them dimensions and bolt positions of both ends
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Supra 6 speed to 1UZFE Sat, 19 July 2003 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I feel rich all the time
...too bad i dont have the money to back up the feeling Rolling Eyes
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Supra 6 speed to 1UZFE Sat, 19 July 2003 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The W58 is a proven path, and seems to be holding up behind Jamie's TT 1UZ-FE.....
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Supra 6 speed to 1UZFE Sat, 19 July 2003 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The V160 bellhousing is part of the main case of the box. This makes it tricky.

After careful measurement, you will need to disassemble the box (Laughing) , make a jig to keep the input shaft concentric to the bellhousing, mill the bellhousing and TIG weld a plate to it that has the 1UZ bellhousing pattern (possibly from a 1UZ auto or custom).

I can't imagine any of this being cheap.

Plenty of kits out there for the 5 speeds for 1K.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Supra 6 speed to 1UZFE Sun, 20 July 2003 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Sun, 20 July 2003 00:40

The W58 is a proven path, and seems to be holding up behind Jamie's TT 1UZ-FE.....

HA! I think he's gone through 4 so far! No way a W58 can handle that much torque. Maybe one off a JZA80 non turbo could.

I've got a R154 behind my 1uz. Got the belhousing from Dellow Automotive, who fucked me around and made the wrong size belhousing. Other places that could do it is castlemain rod shop down in melbourne. Contact both of them for more details.
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Supra 6 speed to 1UZFE Sun, 20 July 2003 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think 2JZ-GE W58 being stronger is more rumour than fact...
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Supra 6 speed to 1UZFE Sun, 20 July 2003 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HKSPete wrote on Sun, 20 July 2003 20:01

Nark wrote on Sun, 20 July 2003 00:40

HA! I think he's gone through 4 so far! No way a W58 can handle that much torque. Maybe one off a JZA80 non turbo could.

Hmm... Wasn't aware of that fact!!!
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: Supra 6 speed to 1UZFE Mon, 21 July 2003 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
At the last Dyno day there was a 1UZ soarer with the supra 6 speed in it. It also had a triple plate clutch, Supra RZ four spots and tein coil overs. WOrst luck it had some terribly lean programming and only made average power.

I'm not too sure but I think his name was Ben Creswick. The car came with the conversion done in Japan but it might help if you can hook up with the guy and take a look underneath.

trev64
Regular

July 2002
Re: Supra 6 speed to 1UZFE Tue, 22 July 2003 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What about redrilling the block?
Rolling Eyes
It's common to have done to a holden 308 V8 to fit a turbo hydramatic auto (turbo 350/400/700 as it is commonly called)to it.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Supra 6 speed to 1UZFE Tue, 22 July 2003 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adaptor plate will be a 30mm thick slab of alloy and is going to set you back a LARGE ammount of money and set the box back aswell, unless you have a spare block to jig it on, your own mill or a mate with one i would say forget it!

Cut and shut a auto bellhousing onto the V160 will be a large job but probably the way to go, make shure its a REALLY good weld job with a few strips of alloy welded across as stichs last thing you want is a v160 falling out!

Allan
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Supra 6 speed to 1UZFE Tue, 22 July 2003 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
trev64 wrote on Tue, 22 July 2003 20:44

What about redrilling the block?
Rolling Eyes
It's common to have done to a holden 308 V8 to fit a turbo hydramatic auto (turbo 350/400/700 as it is commonly called)to it.

Center mounted starter on the 1uz-fe for starters excuse the pun!
need_boost
Regular

July 2003

Re: Supra 6 speed to 1UZFE Tue, 22 July 2003 13:47 Go to previous message
BH 106A Quad Cam V8 Toyota to Supra Box
BH 106B Quad Cam V8 Toyota to Toyota steel case 4, 5 spd

straight from CRS website

http://www.rodshop.com.au/

enjoy

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply