Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mlaser
Regular

March 2003
wtb : ct20b Turbo off GT4 Fri, 20 June 2003 03:09 Go to next message
Hey all

I'm under the impression that a ct20b is a bolt on mod for the 3tgte's, so im trying to get my hands on one. If anyone has one or know of someone that has one for sale please let me know. Cheers

Also if someone has a better idea for an upgrade on a 3tgte turbo then let me know as well.

Cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
swankiedude
Regular

March 2003

Re: wtb : ct20b Turbo off GT4 Fri, 20 June 2003 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You will find that a CT26 off a supra will do the job alot better
mlaser
Regular

March 2003
Re: wtb : ct20b Turbo off GT4 Fri, 20 June 2003 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
will the ct26 bolt on to a ct20 mainfold? or does it have to be modified (me knows sfa about turbo manifolds). Mechanic told me was best to find a turbo that would fit the standard manifold to keep the more bang for my buck going.
swankiedude
Regular

March 2003

Re: wtb : ct20b Turbo off GT4 Fri, 20 June 2003 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think it bolts straight onto the CT20 manifold. A good person to talk to would be TurboRA28. Im sure it bolts straight on though
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: wtb : ct20b Turbo off GT4 Fri, 20 June 2003 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CT20B is split pulse, but the CT26 from the Supra is single. So you'll probably have problems with your manifold.

The CT20B is actually a superiour turbo over the CT26. It has a slightly larger compressor wheel and the wastegate is set to run a higher factory boost.

It's the CT20 from the 3t-gte thats crap.

Cheers
Joel
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: wtb : ct20b Turbo off GT4 Fri, 20 June 2003 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahh shit i read that post all wrong haha..

Ok for the 3t-gte you'll need a custom manifold or adapter plate for either of those ct20b or ct26.

The ct20b is a newer turbo and in small ways superiour. but really needs a new manifold made to take advantage of the split pulse housing.

the ct26 can be made to fit with an adapter plate on the stock 3tgte manifold.

the stock ct20 on the 3tgte is a total different kettle of fish to the ct26 and ct20b turbos.. its crap.

mlaser
Regular

March 2003
Re: wtb : ct20b Turbo off GT4 Fri, 20 June 2003 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers for your help guys, muchly appreciated. Should be an interesting first drive once engine and bigger turbo get fitted to my first sprinter Very Happy
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: wtb : ct20b Turbo off GT4 Fri, 20 June 2003 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool 3t-gte in a sprinter.. How hard was the actual fitting of it? Engine mounts needed changing i'd imagine and gearbox xmember? Be very interested on the details of this!

If you want to check the 3tgte in my RA28 have a look at the web address in my signature.

Cheers
pulcino
Regular

November 2002
Re: wtb : ct20b Turbo off GT4 Sat, 19 July 2003 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why is the ct20 crap?
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: wtb : ct20b Turbo off GT4 Sat, 19 July 2003 16:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man if your doing a decent build your better off using a ball bearing turbo!!!
boost
Regular

August 2002
Re: wtb : ct20b Turbo off GT4 Wed, 30 July 2003 23:57 Go to previous message
well i have both ct20b and high flow twin entry ct26.dont think any one can say they are a shit turbo cause what you pay for them they are worth every cent.the ct20b on my st205 has produced 180 kw at 4ws bot bad i think for 15.7 psi.any way i have both for sale let me know if you are interested
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:URGENT ~!!! CT26 or CT20b hiflowed
Next Topic:WTB: LOW springs to suit AE92 SX Seca
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 17:25:03 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055279731750488 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.