Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Miscellaneous » HILUX RATIOS group buy !

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  HILUX RATIOS group buy ! Tue, 08 April 2003 04:05 Go to next message
Hey Guys I have just spent my lunch break out at Macquarie 4x4 who are Toymods newest Sponsor.

They have been helping supply parts for my Diff upgrade and with two boardmembers in his ear the boss (Duncan) is going to start bringing in NEW Hilux Diff ratios from the states Smile

They will be getting there first delivery in about 6 - 8 weeks and if we get enought interest they will bring in some of the higher ratios for us. (You don't generally fit 3.7's to 4wd's)

So here the deal !

We need GENUINE interest only and as I said they are around 6-8 weeks away.

G series 3.7:1 or 3.9:1 or any of the standard Hilux Ratios are available. Prices are yet to be confirmed but they will be around the $400 mark. This is a good deal cheaper than anywhere else I have contacted (Cheapest I can find is $550 in Victoria plus freight ! Sad )

These are brand new MOTIVE GEARS from the US !

If you want one please reply to this thread and let me know what ratio your after. Orders will need a $50 Deposit with the balance on arrival as these are not stock items. Freight can be arranged at your expense
They can also get F series Ratios and supply and/or fit Locrite, Detroit and ARB Air Locker Centres among other things.

So Who wants one ?

[Updated on: Sun, 21 September 2003 09:32]

Send a private message to this user    
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: HILUX RATIOS group buy ! Tue, 08 April 2003 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm up for a 3.7:1. Where and when do I pay?
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: HILUX RATIOS group buy ! Tue, 08 April 2003 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Count me in for the 3.9s
TRACTION_ISSUES
Regular

May 2002

Re: HILUX RATIOS group buy ! Tue, 08 April 2003 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh fuck it!! This, unfortunately is 6-8 weeks too late....just forked out for new 3.7's, had to come from WA. Oh well....shit happens.......
GEEZE23
Regular

July 2002
Re: HILUX RATIOS group buy ! Tue, 08 April 2003 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
These are good gears, only other gears I know of are Richmonds which are good, but not as god as Motives at $450-$500 and genuine Toyota ones at over $1K.
The more we buy the cheaper the freight.
Dave
TOY77
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: HILUX RATIOS group buy ! Tue, 08 April 2003 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shoulda got a volvo diff!!!!!

hahhahaha

mine is in now..... a bit of guard lipping and all will be good!
(mmm 30 spline axles... 35mm in diameter)

stew
FLY PSI
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: HILUX RATIOS group buy ! Tue, 08 April 2003 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will take one Smile 3.7:1.How do i pay??these are LSD's?
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: HILUX RATIOS group buy ! Tue, 08 April 2003 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No dude, they are just the gear sets.
Rod make this sticky.
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: HILUX RATIOS group buy ! Thu, 10 April 2003 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK guys So far we have 3 people who want sets for sure and one maybe.

Me (3.7:1)
GT (3.7:1)
Joel (3.9:1)

FLYPSI (3.7:1) Maybe

These are NEW Motive Gear Gear Sets ! Not a complete diff centre just a new Pinion Gear and Crown wheel.

Also just confirming all the People above are after a G series 8" centre ? not and 7.5" F series. (Both are available)
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: HILUX RATIOS group buy ! Fri, 11 April 2003 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK FlyPsi PM'd me so thats 4 of us !

I'll find out when the order is being placed (So we have a closing date for anyone else) and get us a Firmer Price Smile

As for the Deposits I'' PM you guys my Account Details and Pay Duncan for the 4 of us if your happy to do it that way. Otherwise I'll get some details of Duncan (or a Money order or Cheque Smile )

Will get back to everyone soon !
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: HILUX RATIOS group buy ! Sat, 12 April 2003 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
will this be an ongoing thing?

say, as soon as you get another 5 members intersted, will place another order?
I have more pressing financial issues at the moment, but months down the tracks that is something I'd like
tanman
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: HILUX RATIOS group buy ! Sun, 13 April 2003 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are all Hilux diffs G series?

So I am also going to need a complete shortened hilux housing and centre. What do I need to make it LSD?

Rod I am assuming this gearset is for your TA22. I am very intersted in how you are going to mount the hilux housing and what brakes and stud pattern you plan to use.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: HILUX RATIOS group buy ! Sun, 13 April 2003 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So will an F series gear set be around the same price? My diff is a bit noisy so I need to get it reconditioned... I figure it would be a good idea to chuck a 3.7:1 gear set in at the same time. 4.11:1 is a bit low for a 2JZ!
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: HILUX RATIOS group buy ! Tue, 15 April 2003 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie,

Mate I'll speak to Duncan about the F series Gears and get a confirmed price on them for you I expect they will be about the same but honestly have no idea till I ask.

Draven,

Honestly can't say but yes it is expected to be something we can repeat. This is a new partnership for Macquarie 4x4 so it really depends how it all goes.

Tanman,

All going to plan I will be using Skyline Discs and Caliper mated to a Narrow Hilux Centre. That way I keep the Toyota 4 Stud and get a Disk brake rear end in to the Bargain.

To make it LSD you need and LSD centre These vary wildly in price for a second hand unit.

And We have another Deffinate for a Set of 3.9's (Thanks 68 Rolla) theres still time if your umming and aring about a set I won;t be asking for deposits till the details re supply is all sorted and we have a more accurate price.

Will get back to everyone soon !
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: HILUX RATIOS group buy ! Wed, 16 April 2003 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheers Rod. Smile

While you're at it, could you find out the tallest ratio they can get for the F series or G series? There's a possibility I'll be swapping in a 6-speed at some point, so I'd like to know if I can get my hands on a 3.1:1 gearset. Probably not much chance of getting anything that tall, but it's worth a try. Smile
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: HILUX RATIOS group buy ! Wed, 16 April 2003 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
surely it'd be hard to get that tall without using a very high number of teeth on the pinion gear, in which case be carefull as the more teeth the less strength in each tooth.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: HILUX RATIOS group buy ! Wed, 16 April 2003 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mk4 TT's run a 3.1 ratio, and there are people in the US running 8's with the stock rear end. I reckon it must be fairly strong!
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: HILUX RATIOS group buy ! Thu, 17 April 2003 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
O.K, stupid question but will one of these sets fit into a G-series MX83 housing with LSD centre? Or is it simply not possible?
cplux
Regular

September 2002
Re: HILUX RATIOS group buy ! Tue, 22 April 2003 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just read this post havent been on for a while, would you be able to find out (if it is not too late) how much it would be for me to get 2 x 5.29:1 hi-pinion gearsets added to the order. I am running 80 series front diff centres front and rear in my hilux 4wd (same size as hilux gears). They will be a fair bit more than the ones you guys are getting but still may work out cheaper for me in a bulk buy.

cplux@yahoo.com

cheers
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: HILUX RATIOS group buy ! Sun, 27 April 2003 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
biased99 wrote on Thu, 17 April 2003 15:29

O.K, stupid question but will one of these sets fit into a G-series MX83 housing with LSD centre? Or is it simply not possible?

AFAIK all G-series gearsets are interchangeable, so yes they should fit into an MX83 housing.
Dabbid
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: HILUX RATIOS group buy ! Wed, 30 April 2003 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey rod have u made the order yet??
i'll have a 3.9:1 set for sure, so if u havent ordered yet can u please throw in a set for me.... thanx
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon12.gif  Re: HILUX RATIOS group buy ! Wed, 30 April 2003 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We are still waiting on some feedback from the states re final prices and the like as well as the F series suitability so there is no worries adding another set or two to the order. I'll let everyone know the final price and contact everyone about deposits defore the order is placed so there is stil a little while yet.

Hey I did say it would take a little while for the first order Smile

cplux,

Dude give Duncan a call on 02 4587 7114 re your high ratio centres. He just wants to clarrify a few things about what you are after. Tell him your ringing from Toymods about the hilux gears and Rod said to give him a call cause of your high ratio requirements. ohh and don't stress if he starts talking about the "Rabi".... Thats me ! Rolling Eyes

cplux
Regular

September 2002
Re: HILUX RATIOS group buy ! Thu, 01 May 2003 19:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thetoyman75 wrote on Wed, 30 April 2003 13:42

cplux,

Dude give Duncan a call on 02 4587 7114 re your high ratio centres. He just wants to clarrify a few things about what you are after. Tell him your ringing from Toymods about the hilux gears and Rod said to give him a call cause of your high ratio requirements. ohh and don't stress if he starts talking about the "Rabi".... Thats me ! Rolling Eyes

Contacted Duncan he said he is waiting back on info/prices and to call him back on monday, hope he can get some and a good deal cos I been wanting em for a while, have sourced some b4 at an ok price but its still high taking into account shipping etc etc.

Craig

RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: HILUX RATIOS group buy ! Mon, 19 May 2003 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Rod,

I'm interested, but I have a few questions first.

I know of a guy in NZ that has a RAV4 with the rear diff swapped out for a Hilux, but I can't get out of him which model it was out of. I know this can be done, a few other people I know of have done it, but I'm not sure if the RAV4's housing will suit either of the Hilux gear ratio's on offer. Can anyone shed light onto this?

Also, does anyone know the stock diff ratio for the RAV4 (1999 model)?? Someone told me that it's 4.933:1, but I think this is too high. At 100km/h I'm doing 3050 RPM, and I want to get this down a bit, since I travel to the North Coast a few times a year, and 800km's tends to tax the fuel a bit with those high RPM's. Rolling Eyes

Finally, when I swap out the 3S-FE for the 3S-GTE, what ratio would be best suited for this transplant? What does the Celica GT-Four use as stock, and would a Hilux diff centre be a good idea? I'm really stuck for information on those questions right now, so if anyone could help out, that would be great. Very Happy I'm in for a buy, but not sure which one yet.

Thanks in advance.
cplux
Regular

September 2002
Re: HILUX RATIOS group buy ! Sun, 25 May 2003 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wont be getting any gears through Duncan Sad people he deals with cannot supply the gears i need because they only make em when they get enough orders. I will however shortly be trying to import some gearsets from randy's Ring and Pinion in the U.S soon.
not sure what ratios they do for 2wd but they have my 5.29's i want, might be worth u guys checking out too.

craig
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: HILUX RATIOS group buy ! Tue, 27 May 2003 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Howdy, any updates on when the order will go through? Keen to get the Hilux diff in the Celica Smile

Kind Regards,
Joel
FLY PSI
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: HILUX RATIOS group buy ! Mon, 02 June 2003 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any news yet?
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon9.gif  Re: HILUX RATIOS group buy ! Tue, 17 June 2003 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys,

Thinks are looking grim for the group Buy. Duncan has exhausted all but one of the know Gear manufacturers and non of them have stock of the 3.7:1 ratio and the smallest order we can place is for 20 sets Sad

He can get 3.9:1 or 3.54:1 and I am chasing a final price on those at the moment. Sorry guys its a real pisser for me too Sad
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: HILUX RATIOS group buy ! Wed, 18 June 2003 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oooh, a 3.54 is exactly what I want! Is this available for the F series as well?
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: HILUX RATIOS group buy ! Wed, 18 June 2003 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm....3.54:1.....

PS: I just rang Motive down here in Melb. They have 3.54, 3.9 and 4.1:1 G series ratios in stock for 395, 350 and 345 (+ GST). This was without any prompting for group discount etc.

Good luck Rod!

[Updated on: Wed, 18 June 2003 23:35]

thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: HILUX RATIOS group buy ! Thu, 26 June 2003 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK guys, 3.7:1 is just not going to happen Sad

3.54:1
3.9:1
4.1:1

G Series Ratios. $385 including GST ! Thats the best I can do sorry guys !

So who is still interested ?
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: HILUX RATIOS group buy ! Sat, 28 June 2003 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How quickly do you think it'll go through now? If its not too far away count me in (under 6 weeks?).

Cheers
Joel
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: HILUX RATIOS group buy ! Sun, 20 July 2003 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks like its just you and me Joel. (I'm also getting a 3.9:1)

I will call Duncan and get em on order this week (Hopefully tomorrow).

Assuming you still want the 3.9:1 ??? Call me if you don't as net access is an issue for me at the moment.
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon5.gif  Re: HILUX RATIOS group buy ! Sun, 20 July 2003 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie,

Give Duncan a call at Macquarie 4 x 4. If they are available he should be happy to help you out Smile
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: HILUX RATIOS group buy ! Tue, 22 July 2003 23:26 Go to previous message
I maybe tempted to swap my spare 3.9 for a 3.54 is someone wants...

Allan
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Genuine Nardi steering wheel
Next Topic:Number Plates f.s
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 20:31:14 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.009411096572876 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.