Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Track Talk » most amazing let-off by police officer ..

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
torque
Regular

May 2003
icon2.gif  most amazing let-off by police officer .. Fri, 27 June 2003 10:13 Go to next message
so - let's hear some stories of times you should have been booked, but for some reason managed to get away with it..
  Send a private message to this user    
torque
Regular

May 2003
Re: most amazing let-off by police officer .. Fri, 27 June 2003 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll start it off..

a year or so ago.. about an hour out of toowoomba (read: middle of nowhere). Long straight wide nice road, night time.
Cruising along in my st141 wagon I owned at the time (with 1ggze). I had not wound it out yet, in fact probably only had it to 150 in the 5-6 months I had owned it by this stage, so I decide it may be a good time to see where she will get to. I am sitting behing an old landcruiser at about 80km/h, with only one car a bit behind me. I pull out, overtake him, and when I get back in my lane, floor it for all she's got.. clock it, so maybe a little over 200. Stay there for about 5-6 seconds, and then back off, brake a little back to about 150. It is then I decide to look in my rear view, and SHIT!! some headlights gaining rapidly! drop back a gear to slow down without brake lights, and the lights behind me appear right up my backside very quickly. It is then I realise it is a cop!
He sits nice and too close for about 10 minutes to let me sweat before pulling me over. At this stage I think I am loosing my licence. My g/f at the time was in the car (and before you all bag me - she loved fast cars almost as much as I do!), and just gives me a look of "you're fcuked". I get out and wait at the back of my car.
The cop says to me "do you know why you have been pulled over?" I tried to say no, but i could not actually get the word out, so I just say "speeding?". He's looking at the car. An old st141 wagon, standard, blinds in the back, roof rack, hubcaps, and a fake peashooter tailpipe. He looks confused. He asks me three times if it is my car, he must have thought it was my grandfathers (that may have been because of the "bingo" and "lawn bowls, a game for all ages" stickers on the back. my mate put them there!). He is probably wondering why he couldn't catch me till I backed off.
He asks me my story.. I tell him I just put the foot down to overtake, and sped up a little to get out of the headlights of the 4wd i overtook (sounded reasonble - until the 4wd passes us about 10 minutes after we'd stopped). how fast? he asks.. I don't know I said to him.. "I didn't look, prefering to keep my eyes safely on the road". how fast do you think? he asks.. umm, maybe 130? I tell him.. he looks at me like "bull shit!"
He takes about 15 minutes to write the ticket. He hands it to me, but doesn't let of it till he tells me "you were doing a lot more than 130 young fella - I was doing 180 at one stage, and only just catching you - now slow the fcuk down!"
got a ticket for 120..
still don't know how...
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: most amazing let-off by police officer .. Fri, 27 June 2003 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doing 80 in a 50 zone , average night out cruising , about 3 am. Notice this pair of head lights come up behind me and sit real close , this pisses me off. So I drop back to 3rd , punch it , hit about 100 , then this corner comes up , its a nice high speed corner if you know how to slide it well. So I use both my avalible lanes , 4 wheel slide around come out of the corner , hit 4th , get to about 110-115 , then see a blue flashing light on the car that was right behind me which is now coming out of the turn where I just left 4 fat rubber marks.

At this point I think " Crap , looks like jail for me " then suddenly I start laughing as I turn off my loud stereo and wind down my window. The officer comes up , he looks about 50 , takes my license , asks me how fast i was going. I told him " It was well over a hundred " in a confident tone. He said " You skidded abit around that corner " I replied " Yeah , all 4 wheels were gonig on that one ". Then he tells me I forgot to indicate when I used the other lane in the slid , for this I said i was sorry , I should of known better then not to indicate during a power slide.

After all this is done, he hads me back my license , tells me to be more careful and to slow down a bit even tho it is the night time and its a bit safer to drive a little faster with no one else on the road, get sback in his undercover car , and left.

I sat there for about 10 mins utterly frozen in amazement. Then went home doing the speed limit the rest of the way.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: most amazing let-off by police officer .. Sat, 28 June 2003 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
holey moley DiZ. I don't think they come much better than that Smile

good one - glad it wasn't me Razz
Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: most amazing let-off by police officer .. Sat, 28 June 2003 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dangerous turn, not stopping at a stop sign, 80 in a 50 zone... the cop let me go Shocked
87seca
Regular

May 2002

Re: most amazing let-off by police officer .. Sat, 28 June 2003 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
was very late one night, got pulled over and got given a list.
Over 140 in a 60
street racing
burnout x3
neg driving
reckless driving.
Then the list of things he said i was
stupid
dumb
fucking idiot
etc etc
Then i was told to go home, and next time take it to a back road where everyone else in the area goes.
Was a very weird experence.
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: most amazing let-off by police officer .. Sat, 28 June 2003 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and i get neg driving for a chirp into 2nd
the a 3 point turn with alittle wheel spin in the rain i get a fine for burnout
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: most amazing let-off by police officer .. Sat, 28 June 2003 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine's in war stories/track talk

110 in a 70 zone.. let off 'cause they didn't have a radar in the car.
also got pulled over by a hwy patrol for "weaving dangerously through traffic" and said "mate, you would have been speeding if there weren't cars in front of you"
I'd also drifted round a corner, and left rubber for 20 metres up the road before he turned the corner (by which stage I'd jammed on the brakes, 'cause I had passed an undercover earlier and thought he might follow)

while pulled over, letting my turbo cool, he gives me the talk about driving sensibly, have you been drinking, etc.
warns me about my busted tail light and lets me go.
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: most amazing let-off by police officer .. Sat, 28 June 2003 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this isnt really a let off but its fucking lucky

was driving along freeway for about 15 mins at 170k's

i got this feeling something was wrong so breaked down to about 120 or so, then thought nah everything is right, and started speeding up again,

anyway as im accelerating (back to about 150 at this stage) a cop jumps out on the road and waves me in.

he shows me the radar gun, it shows 124, i would have been going that speed for mabye 5 seconds or so

so its not a let off but i still feel fucking lucky to only get a fine for 14k's over the speed limit and not 60 Smile
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: most amazing let-off by police officer .. Sat, 28 June 2003 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol @ this guy

http://carfreaks.b0nk.net/omega.mpg
strober
Regular

June 2002
Re: most amazing let-off by police officer .. Sat, 28 June 2003 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
speechless... utterly speechless...
cops these days are very very stern. i'd buy go out and buy a lottery ticket if i ever get off a fine in a situation like those above
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: most amazing let-off by police officer .. Sat, 28 June 2003 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
90 in a 70 zone and dodging traffic to get around it. Night time of course, you can't see if one of the cars behind you is a copper. Pulled over, let off. Very Happy
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: most amazing let-off by police officer .. Sun, 29 June 2003 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heya tourqe, the only reason you didnt get a ticket for 200 is cause he probably had no radar on the car and could not prove how fast you were going!!! NICE WORK BY THE WAY Very Happy
Jayem
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: most amazing let-off by police officer .. Sun, 29 June 2003 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It was winter time. I was passenger in friends car and we were going thrue this legendary rally strip "Putkosen pätkä" and we saw this car comming behind us and my friend decide to leave the follower and pushed the car bit harder. At one point I saw speedo showing 120kmh till we get to bigger road and my friend started going by the speed limits. Few minutes after that the same car came and stopped us, it was civil cop car. Another cop started to shout to my friend and after while we did hear from cops radio that there has been stabbing in Kiiminki, few km's away. Cops started to rush there and another one shout "vitun onnekas idiootti" fucking lucky idiot. No ticket, no loosed licence. Speed limit in that strip is 60kmh.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: most amazing let-off by police officer .. Sun, 29 June 2003 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
was cruising home from a mates one night when a cop u-turned and came after me (dunno why Shocked ), decided to see if could get away, accidently went into a court. cop pulled up behind me looked at me, looked at my car and drove off without saying a word.
I think i stood there for about 10 minutes wondering what the f@#$ was goin on and if they were coming back hahaha
turbocamry
Regular

June 2003

Re: most amazing let-off by police officer .. Sun, 29 June 2003 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well mine was when i was on my p plates and had a slr5000 torana. i had a welded diff in the back acouple people in the car in the middle of newcastle on this hill thats is very steep goes up past the mall! well i decided that it would be a good idear to light it up from the bottem of the hill to the top got to the top to find a cop with his hands on his hips pointing to the side of the road Shocked so i pulled over hopped out to see the street still full of smoke Very Happy this was when they brought in the rule about lossing ya car Crying or Very Sad so he goes over my car he said hmmm balled tyres, loud exhaust wheels to big no polution gear tacho guards full of mud and a heap of other stuff Confused and than he said u will lose your car wait here while i write your ticket up! about 10 min later he threw my license at me and said if i see you intown in the next 5 min u will cop it Shocked man! i dont think he wanted all that paper work Razz
i couldnt belive he had let me off tort me a lesson more than any fine ever could Embarassed
and now i treat my car with a bit more respect lol

[Updated on: Sun, 29 June 2003 08:48]

gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: most amazing let-off by police officer .. Mon, 30 June 2003 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
First day I got my car. It was unlicensed at the time. Was driving to work with a mate, and thought I'd boot it down a street. Was doing 90 in a 40 school zone, then I see a cop turn behind me. I look at my mate to say, 'o dear' then the cop pulls off down down another road. I almost shat my dacks
torque
Regular

May 2003
Re: most amazing let-off by police officer .. Mon, 30 June 2003 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dr22..

you're possibly right, although I think other factors helped
- the car looked totally stock
- I was doing my absolute best impression of a 100% respectable citizen
- I didn't admit entirely to anything (I did have a "guess" at what speed I was doing)
- I also think the fact that it was late at night - no cars near me, dead straight road, long way out of town, and I also didn't hold the speed for that long, and was back at the speed limit pretty quickly.

I thought about it quite a bit at the time. I think maybe he also initially thought I was trying to do a runner from him (I didn't realise it was a cop behind me) - but then I slowed down when I could have got away ..

Emp2tg - I know how you feel mate. I've been done over badly before as well, when I'd not really done anything (just some cops wanting to book a "young hoon")..

ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: most amazing let-off by police officer .. Mon, 30 June 2003 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3am::

did a lovely big left hand power slide from chapel street into high street in prahran - doig mabye 70kmh into the corner. mate was driving behind me (sedately). coming out of the slide i kick it a gear and let it rev out in 3rd before dropping back to 60. in the rear view, i *just* see my mate making around that corner. very next moment, i see a cop car, lights blazing, making around the corner right behind my mate.

im about 150m up the road, and give it a squirt. i turn into the next side street, kill the lights, and keep driving.

looking over my shoulder, the cop car never even passes the side street. i pull over, wondering wtf is happening, nd after 5 mins, continue driving home (the back way)

i get home, and my mate is waiting. he starts laughing, and tells me the cops were driving up his ass waiting to get out of their way. he just thought theyd overtake him, see. so, anyway, by the time he realises, ive already ducked off, and when he finally does pull over, apparently he didnt indicate, the cops got the shits they lost me, so they pulled my mate over anyway, and gave him a big tlking down about not yeilding the roadway, and not indicating when he finally did...
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: most amazing let-off by police officer .. Mon, 30 June 2003 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This probably ain't as good as some, but taught me a massive lesson pretty thankful.

One night while delivering the pizza's I was on my second last run the store was already closed 30 minuites ago (which it's not normal to stay back that late) so I was pretty pissed off, I was waiting for the lights to go green as soon as they did I punched the accelerator not even noticeing the black commodore that was ABOUT to pull up next to. Took it to about 5.5 thousand (5.5 is nothing on these cars) before changing accidently got up to about 90km for about 3 seconds in an 80km zone then slowed off to 80km.

Anyway the car then flashed some blue lights. Got out of the car and the cop started giving me a lecture on how dragracing is illegal and my car can be confescated(?). (I wasn't really dragging I was just In a hurry) After about 15mins of lecture, He said He would toss a coin. If I call it right he would let me go With a warning, If called wrong, He would issue a speeding fine, book me, and take my car. Strange methods, but I called right. Good old Tails.

Funny thing Is Before the cop got back in His car He said to me, Remember I don't like to be beaten in a race. (considering He was driving a V8 commodore and I was in a 2L celica).

[Updated on: Mon, 30 June 2003 15:44]

Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: most amazing let-off by police officer .. Mon, 30 June 2003 16:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha, ed, ur a phsycho! Shocked
mr spears
Regular

May 2002
Re: most amazing let-off by police officer .. Mon, 30 June 2003 17:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i rode a bike(honda cbr250rr) while i was on my p's and that got me in trouble a bit (lost license twice) but ive had a few let off too
1 130 in 60 zone, bald tire, no rego sticker (forgot to put it back on) he said id get $1048 and 6 months but got nothing

2 90 in 60 zone... cops from same station as above

3 (my favourite) having 2 pillions when on my p's. ur not allowed any and i had 3 ppl on a 250! and they had no helmets

and like someone above i saw a patrol car do a u turn behind me and flash lights so i punched it, turned and killed the lights
Mk2supraman
Occasional Poster

June 2003
Re: most amazing let-off by police officer .. Tue, 01 July 2003 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was going down the highway going from Austin to San Antonio trying to get there as fast as I could and I am in the fast lane doing 110 mph in a 55mph zone well I pass this semi like he was standing still come over this hill and my radar detector goes nuts so I downshift and use the emergency brake to slow down cause i can see the cop and I Know he can see me well there was a ford mustang beside me and he hits his brakes so the front end dives so just by pure luck he pulls over the mustang cause he thinks he was the one doing 110. really pays to have a car that looks like hell the cops usually never figure it is you. Surprised Shocked
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: most amazing let-off by police officer .. Tue, 01 July 2003 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
emp-2tg... I got pulled over for the very same thing once (except it was dry, and it was probably a second of wheelspin)

you gotta know the words to use. "it was an accident"
that's a legal defence against a lot of traffic offenses, especially wheelspin. unless it's excessive wheelspin, saying it's an accident will either make the cop let you off, or make a judge let you off.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: most amazing let-off by police officer .. Tue, 01 July 2003 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr spears... I hope you never do that again (the no helmets thing)
I work at the ambulance service, and if you'd seen some of the messes made of motorcyclists heads after crashes, you'd never take a passenger without a helmet (and full protective gear for that matter).
This coming from someon who does 180km/hr on epping road may sound funny... but it's nasty stuff.
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: most amazing let-off by police officer .. Tue, 01 July 2003 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
50 over the speed limit for a 1km and 30 over for another 1k changing lanes agressivly and not indicating. got hit with a 0-15 over Smiley =
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: most amazing let-off by police officer .. Tue, 01 July 2003 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One night after a basketball game comming from hornsby down the pacific highway i lined up next to some friends who had played in the game. They were in a saab turbo or something and to my suprise punched it hard off the line dragging me... so i took off slow the punched it and snapped second, got a bit sideways (all over the shop) and then went up to 140ish (pacific highway is 60) late at night and no other cars infront of me.. anyhow i am coasting down so im going about 80 when i see flashing cop light sin my rear view mirror, i shit my dacks and just keep driving, they eventually pull in behind me, stay there for 5 seconds then turn their lights off go past me and turn off the highway at gordon.!! must of got a tripple homicide call! Laughing

Another time was just down near lancove river park, i was 80-60zone and a cop a few hundred metres back put its lights on so i punched it and went up into lindfield into another persons driveway. heheheehe
MRSTICKYICKY
Newcomer

July 2003
Re: most amazing let-off by police officer .. Sat, 05 July 2003 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine is pure luck.
i was drag racing in wollongong and an undercover chaser pulled up behind me at 160kph very scary sound, i was headin for a set of lights that were red and they chased the other guy who was turnin off the rd. i absolutly shit myself when i saw the lights flashin and heard the roar of the chaser.
the other guy would have lost his licence and went to jail that nite.
i couldn't even open my car up for a few weeks after that coz it sounded like the chaser.
XiL3D
Regular

April 2003
Re: most amazing let-off by police officer .. Sat, 05 July 2003 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm, considering im 14, i havent had the chance to have any "close calls" but dw you guys, i will Wink hehe
anyways, all this talk about cops and getting out of tickets reminds me of a few things "not to say to a cop"

1. Cop "your eyes look bloodshot, have you been drinking?"
Me "Gee officer, your eyes look glazed, have you been eating donuts?"

2. Cop "do you know how fast you were going?"
Me "no, my speedo stops at 260"

3. gee officer you must have been going 200kms to keep up with me, good job!

4. Hey, is that a 9 mm? That's nothing compared to this .44 magnum

5. Wow, you look just like the guy in the picture on my girlfriend's nightstand

6. I can't reach my license unless you hold my beer

7. Sorry, Officer, I didn't realize my radar detector wasn't plugged in

8. Aren't you the guy from the Village People?

9. Bad cop! No donut!

10. You're not gonna check the trunk, are you?

11. That's terrific, the last guy only gave me a warning also

12. I was trying to keep up with traffic......... Yes, I know there are no other cars around-that's how far they're ahead of me

13. Well, when I reached down to pick up my bag of crack, my gun fell off my lap and got lodged between the brake pedal and gas pedal, forcing me to speed out of control

14. No, YOU assume the position, Piggy

15. How long is this going to take? Your wife is expecting me

16. Hey officer is that your nightstick or are you just glad to see me ?

meh that'll do, not really a few any more but hey, they might make a few of ya laugh, so everythings good

[Updated on: Sat, 05 July 2003 13:41]

mikey_m
Regular

September 2002
Re: most amazing let-off by police officer .. Wed, 09 July 2003 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is one I'll remember for some time, I was young in my first car doing my first job, as a Pizza Delivery Driver. one night about 1am i'm comming up to a roundabout and I saw a car coming up the right side, but there was enough time for me to get in before he did (ie give way to those already in the roundabout) and sped through doing 65Ks through it, to my surprise it was a Highway patrol car, he proceded to follow me and after sweating a while he pulled me over. I got the usual have you been drinking tonight, blow into this, then he asked what I was doing out and I explained that I was delivery boy, he searched around and saw a few pizzas on the back seat and said, take it easy and let me off...... Left me shocked, thought he would have done me for going so fast through the roundabout and pretty much cutting him off....Thankful for that one.
Shteeve
Regular

July 2002

Re: most amazing let-off by police officer .. Wed, 09 July 2003 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've found pizza boys get off a bit more easily.. the worst ive gotten from a cop when i used to deliver pizzas was "are there any police pizzas in there from me"

bloody guy thought he was a comedian
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: most amazing let-off by police officer .. Wed, 09 July 2003 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You should of told him no i'd need a trailer for that - tuby Laughing
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: most amazing let-off by police officer .. Thu, 10 July 2003 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would've said "Nah sorry, those pizzas are mine but I think I might have some donuts in there somewhwere"...

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: most amazing let-off by police officer .. Thu, 10 July 2003 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Taking my sister to work
I was doing about 165(80 zone) along Marmion Avenue(for those in perth, you'd prolly know how nice and straight it gets after ocean reef)
Anyways
My sister was yelling at me to slow down, but get her to work on time...next thing i know i crest a bit of a rise in the road and see the top of a cop car sitting in their favourite place(hidden by trees untill you almost go past them(but they arent really hiding as its in plain site of the road, hard to explain but if you see it you'd understand)
Anyways i start slowing down, and am going about 100 when i pass them(i didnt want to leave a flat spot in my tyres so i thought i'd risk slowing down without laying rubber)
Anyways just past them is a round a bout and i take that at about 85
NExt thing i look in my rear view mirror and see them jumping into their car, so i start slowing down thinking the worst
Then i see a GSX1000 FLY past me, followed by the cops, sirens wailing
For about 15 seconds i was crapping myself :/

Another good almost capture was when i was on my L's and drunk
and driving with some mates
I get a bad feeling, tell me licenced\sober mate to hop in and drive(its my car) he turns the corner and into a booze bus
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: most amazing let-off by police officer .. Fri, 11 July 2003 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So where are you in perth im in Mindarie the bastrds always hide behind tree's and shit its like hello i can see u.
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: most amazing let-off by police officer .. Fri, 11 July 2003 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Padbury at the moment
will be clarkson in a week(dad just bought a house there)
and in 2 weeks i'll be back living in brisbane Razz
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: most amazing let-off by police officer .. Sat, 12 July 2003 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is not a let off cause I'm extremely pissed at myself about this...

I got done last night for 30 over on the Gore Hill Fwy on the way back from the city...

I was going a constant 180 and the next minute a copper was right on my ass with lights and sirens going... Immediately I thought "SHIT!!!"... So I pulled over and the copper comes up to my window and says "How fast do you think you were going???" I said "I dunno" and we kept going like that for a bit... Then the other copper steps in and says "150 plus"... Thats when I shat myself and thought, I'm going to court now... So he takes my license and goes back to the car... He comes back, tells me that I've been done for 110 and the front P Plate is not correctly displayed... So I asked him about the P plate as another copper told me to put it like that... He said that's too bad and I thought DICKHEAD!!!

So I'm gunna see what I can do to get out of the P plate fine as that will get me an extra point back and $70 if I do...

All this can be put down is "The Silly Things That Young Boys Do"...
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: most amazing let-off by police officer .. Sat, 12 July 2003 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man, I'd be pretty stoked I didn't get done for 45+ and cop 6 points, $1000+ fine and lisence suspension!
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: most amazing let-off by police officer .. Sat, 12 July 2003 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I know... I was shitting myself...

So now I got no license (when I pay the fine) for 3 months...

The car will be getting resprayed, sound system finished and everything else that I want done will be getting finished for when I get back on the road...

But luckily I got a g/f thats got a car, well two, that can drive me everywhere and best of all, she loves cruising Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy !!!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: most amazing let-off by police officer .. Sat, 12 July 2003 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool
so no excuse for not seeing you on cruises

you still on your P's are you? (or have you been naughty a lot of times? Smile)
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: most amazing let-off by police officer .. Sat, 12 July 2003 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah man, I'll still be on cruises...

Yeah, I'm on my green P's so I have 7 points... Well, now I've lost 3...

This is my first ever fine and it's a shitty one...
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: most amazing let-off by police officer .. Thu, 17 July 2003 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Depends on where you live, what job for how the cops treat you.
Used to live in Moree (north west NSW) for the shire council & the office was across the road form the police station.
They knew our vehicles & we knew theirs (including the unmarked).
It was not uncommon for us to be doing 140-150km/h (in 100 zone)and just wave (single forefinger salute off the steering wheel) as the cops went the other way at the same speed.

My luckiest escape was last year.
Driving home from Bathurst on the Monday after the V8 race in AU Falcon. Doing about 160 in the right lane. Its blocked so move over all the way the left, round the inside of a Camry, cut in off without indicating into the middle lane (still at speed) and keep going.
Bout 5 secs later look into rear view to see the Camry almost keeping pace, and then the headlights flash.
Pulled over & someone just got a warning, I think they didn't have the paperwork or couldn't tell exactly how fast, plus playing the sorry and summissive.
Drove from St Mary's home to Blacktown at 10 under the limit.
xtigerx
Regular

April 2003

Re: most amazing let-off by police officer .. Fri, 18 July 2003 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Driving down Vardys Rd in Kings Park.

Feeling lively, so i thought, hey, i'll chirp 2nd.
*chirp!*

over the hill was a cop with a radar gun. looked down and was doing 85 in a 60 zone.

Pulled me over and told me that i was speeding and that i had my 'stock driving' lights on.

Asked for my licence....after a bit of digging around, turned to the cop and told him i didn't have my licence. *crap!*

The only identification i had was my work ID.
Took it and confirmed my ID.

Came back, told me to turn my driving lights off, make sure i have my licence with me and fined me for 15km only.

Not too bad.
leebroozlee
Regular

November 2002

Re: most amazing let-off by police officer .. Mon, 21 July 2003 14:50 Go to previous message
Rolla Boy wrote on Sat, 12 July 2003 20:26

But luckily I got a g/f thats got a car, well two, that can drive me everywhere

u player...got two gf's driving u round! Cool
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Carpark Dorifto
Next Topic:gze got 4 cars on my 20v ????
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 06:46:20 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0075728893280029 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.