Toymods » Tech & Conversions » airbag suspension for my secret project

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MR PLOW
Forums Junkie

September 2002
airbag suspension for my secret project Sun, 20 July 2003 11:39 Go to next message
where would i go to get the airbags suspension installed, in sydney and what sort of prices people have come across with different systems
  Send a private message to this user    
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: airbag suspension for my secret project Sun, 20 July 2003 21:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there is a place in waitara, i forget the name off the top of my head but depending what car you wanna put it into, i think you will be looking between $4000-$6000.
justin
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: airbag suspension for my secret project Sun, 20 July 2003 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the place is called tubular suspension sytems
justin
lorolla_80
Regular

July 2003
Re: airbag suspension for my secret project Mon, 21 July 2003 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get in contact with the guys from ground level http://www.glminitrucks.com/ go into these forums and they will help you

they have quite a few bagged rides
boudan
Regular

June 2003
Re: airbag suspension for my secret project Mon, 21 July 2003 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

id also check with the transport authorities.... airbags on non commercial could be dodgy.... esp if u want the rice option of in cabin controllers... then its def, not happenen... but who would really take their advice wen you could have airbags...

on a different note... i have seen european imports sedans with airbag suspension ... although i dont think they were adjustable from in cabin.. they are programmed to drop on idle, and then rise again on foward momentum, they then deflate again when ur speed goes above 80 - 100.... while a system like this could be costly.....it looks and feels... UBER COOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.....

esp at lights, imagine the car next to u cruising up to the the lights and at the same time lowering... it looks like the escalator trick behind the couch.... Rolling Eyes if u know wat i mean..
MR PLOW
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: airbag suspension for my secret project Mon, 21 July 2003 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why would it be a problem in a sedan i don't see how if there was enough boot room you could. otherwsie you wouldn't see all the gangsters in their cars with it
ChuckLandwehr
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: airbag suspension for my secret project Mon, 21 July 2003 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Subaru Vortex(ugly looking sucker) had an air bag system, compressor driven by a windscreen motor, with an air resevoir of about 8-10 litres. Find a wreck get the bags, power it with an aircon pump, and find an old LPG tank for the resevoir. Hook up a couple of air control valves and you are in business.
The VW transporters also had an airbag suspension system. Man the options are limitless if you put the thinking cap on.

regards Chuck.
boudan
Regular

June 2003
Re: airbag suspension for my secret project Mon, 21 July 2003 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

hhmmmm, i see where ur coming from...

so i guess 9mm automatic pistol, strange herbs and little white pills would all be legal cause i seen the wanksta toteing them as well....

no offense but if the rest of ur project is "based" on what u have seen in gansta cars then... cough... then .... ahhh good luck with it ... no need to quash the dreams of the imaginative few ...

but on a more serious note... in cabin switches are out of the question, / any airbag suspension that is adjustable during foward momentum....
however if u do find out the facts please let us know a feel free to dump a load of horse crap on my head for saying other wise.... jus keep in mind the whole "non commercial thing"
roger
Regular

June 2002
Re: airbag suspension for my secret project Tue, 22 July 2003 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What does the TX3 turbo use for there height adjustable suspension. If i rember correctly they were air and they had two height settings and were adjustable inside the car.
NO-18r
Regular

May 2003
Re: airbag suspension for my secret project Tue, 22 July 2003 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nope tx3's dont have airbag suspension... toyota soarer's do however (dont thay)...

[Updated on: Tue, 22 July 2003 01:56]

boudan
Regular

June 2003
Re: airbag suspension for my secret project Tue, 22 July 2003 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

i suspect roger dear old pal you have mixed 'air' and 'gas' which can be two different things.. and the likelihood of having in cabin adjustable gas shocks on a stock ford are slim to flup-all..... Smile
roger
Regular

June 2002
Re: airbag suspension for my secret project Tue, 22 July 2003 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bouban,

You may be wrong check this sight out http://203.34.142.21/~x/t/tx3handling.html talks about air suspension under the laser tx3 section, minimum details I know but best I could find with a quick look. Not sure if this was for heigh adjustment or stiffness. But there is most definately a switch inside the cabin to adjust it. Most people piss it off becaus its broke and it is only an option on the tx3. Not I am not stating this is air bag suspension but just illistrating the fact that some cars come factory with in cabin ride height adjustment.

NO-18r
Regular

May 2003
Re: airbag suspension for my secret project Tue, 22 July 2003 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry i must correct my self, tx3's have airbag suspension but only tx3's i asked some mates off the fordlaser.com forums...

my bad
NO-18r
Regular

May 2003
Re: airbag suspension for my secret project Tue, 22 July 2003 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke tx3 have air shocks that are slightly adjustable in cabin... also apparently some old falcons have them ea???
roger
Regular

June 2002
Re: airbag suspension for my secret project Tue, 22 July 2003 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats right only on tx3 and only as an option and they have in cabin electronic adjustment.
Widowmaker
Regular

November 2002
Re: airbag suspension for my secret project Wed, 23 July 2003 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
boudan wrote on Tue, 22 July 2003 00:07

but on a more serious note... in cabin switches are out of the question, / any airbag suspension that is adjustable during foward momentum....
however if u do find out the facts please let us know a feel free to dump a load of horse crap on my head for saying other wise.... jus keep in mind the whole "non commercial thing"

So then it would be safe for me to assume that the latest 4WD's with high adjustable airbag suspension adjustable in the cabin via a switch that has like 6 positions are actually illegal , and ive been imagining them driving around ?
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: airbag suspension for my secret project Wed, 23 July 2003 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NO-18r wrote on Tue, 22 July 2003 22:05

ke tx3 have air shocks that are slightly adjustable in cabin... also apparently some old falcons have them ea???

NA fairlane actualy had "self leveling suspension" otherwise known as "air shockers with shitty electronics"

Basicly unless you have a form of suspension that uses wishbones or leaf springs forget about it Sad

Allan
LowRollaBoy
Regular

June 2002
Re: airbag suspension for my secret project Wed, 23 July 2003 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No car has an 'air bag' suspension setup OEM.

They are pneumatic airstruts. Which obviously contain air which can alter ride hieght and comfort. Some have a mix of oil within the struts (much like Hydraulics).

What you would want for a car setup, are airstruts (munroe, pedders etc). THey cost about $300 each, and replace ur normal shock abosorbers. You can fill them up at any service station with air!... But if you include a resevoir airtank, aircompressor, valves and lines, you can have fully adjustable suspension exactly the same as Citroens, Galants, 4x4 Tx3's, SC400 Soarers etc etc.

You can get airbags for cars. Check out www.burnincustoms.com, they may have an airbag strut for your make of car. But dont expect it to be any lower than removing springs.

Minitruckers have a different setup within their trucks, i use goodyear bags, and a whole host of chassis and suspension modifications and a 2.5" body drop to get my truck on rails.

Twinky
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: airbag suspension for my secret project Wed, 23 July 2003 06:12 Go to previous message
A Hyundai came into work the other day. It had air bags, there was no back seat and the compressor and tank were in its place. It also had a incar controller, which was on a long enough cord that he stood out side and made it go up and down.

If it could be done in a hyundai I cant see why not in your seca mr plow, those things have a massive boots

[Updated on: Wed, 23 July 2003 06:14]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Different steering column for RA23
Next Topic:1JZ Sumps
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:01:43 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051400661468506 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.