Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
purpleminiep
Regular

May 2002
t 50 greabox differences Mon, 01 July 2002 13:25 Go to next message
Just a quick question about the differences between the t50 greabox in a ae86 and a ta22. I know that the input bearing is bigger and the output splines are 22 v's 20. I want to know if all the running clearances and bearing inside the box are the same as i have an original workshop 3 book manual for the celica.
If the are the same i can copy it if anyone wants it.

Brad
  Send a private message to this user    
Karl_skewes
Regular

May 2002
Re: t 50 greabox differences Thu, 04 July 2002 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just elaborating on your input bearing comment.

I think the TA22 T50 has 21 spline input wheras the AE86 T50 has the 24 spline input.

Karl
purpleminiep
Regular

May 2002
Re: t 50 greabox differences Fri, 05 July 2002 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I read somewhere that the early boxes has a 62mm bearing and the late box has a 68mm. Something like that anyway. Ivw just looked at a t18 gearbox and inside it is that same but it has a different rear extension and shifter setup.

Brad
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: t 50 greabox differences Fri, 05 July 2002 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so are you saying that the T18 T50 has the larger or smaller input shaft bearing? I've killed this bearing in two of my T18 boxes.

Phil
purpleminiep
Regular

May 2002
Re: t 50 greabox differences Sat, 06 July 2002 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just measured a t18 i have in the garage and it is definatly a 62mm bearing as the ta22. It also has the same 20spline output shaft. The only difference is the shifter setup and the rear extensionand. The shidfter is about 10 cm further forward i think.

Brad
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: t 50 greabox differences Sat, 06 July 2002 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know the TA22 box and the TE72 box are identical with the parts that count, because I have one of each. The differences are the TE72 one has a different shifter housing, and the TE72 blehousing has less vent holes, and has a different clutch fork. (these things are interchangable). Also the TE72 box has switches for 4th and 5th gear.
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: t 50 greabox differences Sat, 06 July 2002 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I noticed the 4th & 5th gear switches, do you know if they are used for anything??
fergo308
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: t 50 greabox differences Sun, 07 July 2002 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have one of each box sitting in bits in my garage atm,and as far as I can tell,nothing is interchangeable between the two.

everything is different sizes,bar the actual gears themselves;
which is a real shit for me,as I bought a TA22 T50 hoping I could change a few bits and drop it into my sprinter. I'm getting a bit sick of not having a reliable 2nd gear.

Justin...
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: t 50 greabox differences Sun, 07 July 2002 12:10 Go to previous message
Speaking of a reliable 2nd gear in a t50 - today I was cruising in 2nd, floored the throttle at about 4000rpm, and CRUNCH! aarrgghhhh.... I'm in sydney and live in melbourne. Shoulda put that w58 in before I came!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4AGZE alternater charging problem
Next Topic:am i crazy?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 21 09:54:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0035099983215332 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.