Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
icon1.gif  Modifying an SA-63 Tue, 14 May 2002 10:50 Go to next message
Hello All,
Does anyone know what can i do to my Celica SA-63's Motor (2S-C) without changing the Engine? The car that i own is pretty straight and hardly any rust. It looks great but the engine needs some attention and doesn't have any go like the ZZT-231. My dad owns the ZZT-231 and is great to ride in... Since i am a student, money is hard to come by so any engine ideas would be great... Already i have a K&N Airfilter and a 2" inch sports Exhaust.

Cheers.
  Send a private message to this user    
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Modifying an SA-63 Fri, 17 May 2002 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I used to own an SA63, the first thing I did was i got the carby rebuilt, new leads, plugs, dizzy cap, and rotor button, new timing belt and i made a customer air filter thing, and the exhaust, went surprisingly well.

used to beat 3.3ltr (stock) bombadores thats all that mattered! Razz

Used to pull me up to 190km/h on the flat top speed 210km down hills ! Twisted Evil
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Modifying an SA-63 Fri, 17 May 2002 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
190kph??? Whoa, goes a lot better than my RA60 with its 21R-C...mind you, it hasn't had anything done to it.

Still, managed 175kph on the flat...with the air-con on...and two people...and fully loaded...hehe Razz

Poor car Very Happy
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Modifying an SA-63 Fri, 17 May 2002 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rvrolla wrote on Fri, 17 May 2002 2:26 PM

Used to pull me up to 190km/h on the flat top speed 210km down hills ! Twisted Evil

Gees... Did you have a manual? I have an Automatic and I can only do 140km/h in 4th and 150km/h in 3rd (Governed Down)stated on the meter... Cheers for the advice though. It's greatly apprechiated Rolling ... Do you know if i can get extractors for it and if so, what are they?
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Modifying an SA-63 Fri, 17 May 2002 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah it is manual. Ive actually still got her if ya want it ! Nod
maxdamage75
Regular

May 2002

Re: Modifying an SA-63 Fri, 17 May 2002 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well the first thing you do is put decals on the doors, next is not 1 but 2 spoilers on the boot, then some supra wheels and now in process of putting flares on....

sorry was describing MY engine mods.
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Modifying an SA-63 Fri, 17 May 2002 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would do exactly what that rolla boy above said. Do all the leads, plugs, filters, rotor button, retime/retune it, get the carbi rebuilt, timing belt, clean all the oils out, is it a pod or an airfilter element?

Just replace all of the cheap shit stuff and you'll probably find a fair increase.
maxdamage75
Regular

May 2002

Re: Modifying an SA-63 Fri, 17 May 2002 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does anybody know of anyone who sells or makes a programmable engine control unit for an 22re? Skull - Blink
Cry Eye Spin
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Modifying an SA-63 Fri, 17 May 2002 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
most ecu's that you can buy are programmable engine controll, but they are just a touch more expensive than I'll bet you are going to wanna spend.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Modifying an SA-63 Fri, 17 May 2002 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you really wanted to...although I doubt the merit of it...you could get a new ECU for then 22RE...get it working, enjoy whatever gains u achieve...then buy a new loom and connect the computer to a different engine down the track.

Just a thought but i still dont think that it is a very good idea.
Mentor
Regular

May 2002
Re: Modifying an SA-63 Fri, 17 May 2002 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I like the 22RE it's a van engine yes but I like the low end torque it has, you don't have to rev the shit out of it to get anywhere, beside the fact that no one would bother is why I wont to.
Mentor
Regular

May 2002
Re: Modifying an SA-63 Fri, 17 May 2002 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
22RE 87 kw (wow) 198nm
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Modifying an SA-63 Fri, 17 May 2002 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The 22RE makes its max torque at like 2800rpm.
The 21R-C only makes like 150-160Nm of torque...but at 2400rpm....now THATS a truck engine Smile Its actually quite nice to drive when you dont ask too much of it because it gives its all pretty much all in the lower revs.

67kW of raw grunt...
Mentor
Regular

May 2002
Re: Modifying an SA-63 Fri, 17 May 2002 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can see you point. I don't know I just kinda like em that's all, and the fact that doing one up borders on the stupefyingly ridiculous
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Modifying an SA-63 Sat, 18 May 2002 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stradlater wrote on Fri, 17 May 2002 9:02 PM

I would do exactly what that rolla boy above said. Do all the leads, plugs, filters, rotor button, retime/retune it, get the carbi rebuilt, timing belt, clean all the oils out, is it a pod or an airfilter element?

Just replace all of the cheap shit stuff and you'll probably find a fair increase.

You could go to all that trouble and spend a fair amount of money in the process, but at the end of the day you'll be left with a 21R-C. There's no escaping the fact that this engine is gutless, even when in pristine original condition. Is it really worth the effort? You might want to give that some serious thought, especially when a stock Excel will be able to beat you at the lights...
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Modifying an SA-63 Sun, 19 May 2002 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
He's talking about a 2S-C not much better, just clarifying though.
maxdamage75
Regular

May 2002

Re: Modifying an SA-63 Tue, 21 May 2002 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the 2sc has an extra 6 kw of raw, hard, adrenaline pumping nrg than the 21rc.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Modifying an SA-63 Wed, 22 May 2002 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YEah, my reasoning though was that the S-series was a MUCH newer design that may take to modification a bit better.

And dude, think about it this way...6kW is 9% when you are talking about 21R-C....thats a lot Smile
NinetySix
Occasional Poster

October 2002

Re: Modifying an SA-63 Sun, 17 November 2002 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry to dust off a thread, but how much power and torque exactly does a 2S-C put out? and at what rpms .... and whats the redline?

these were fitted to coronas and celicas right about 83-84?

just curious... thanx
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Modifying an SA-63 Sun, 17 November 2002 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Wed, 22 May 2002 18:10

And dude, think about it this way...6kW is 9% when you are talking about 21R-C....thats a lot Smile

GOLD!!

Thats the best I've heard in ages!

Cheers
Wilbo
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: Modifying an SA-63 Sun, 17 November 2002 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have for sale for a 22re a pretty big cam and microtech programmable ecu

anybody intrested ?...email me, jemima@winshop.com.au
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Modifying an SA-63 Sun, 17 November 2002 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Biggest problem with a 2S-C is, naturally enough, the bloody head.

If you want to take above mentioned 'mods' a tad further, then you must get:
The T O Y O T A sticker on the top of the windscreen
The 'Tuned by Razo' sticker on the back windows
The whole range of stickers on the doors (e.g. Apexi, HKS, etc. etc.)
Install a 250kg sound system, and crank up R&B unreasonably - remember with the sound system though, quality is not relevant - in fact the worse it sounds the better
By now you're gonna need a new tacho - not just any tacho, but the Big Ben sized autometer one, so you can carefully monitor every one of your 3000rpm rev range, just like that guy in the 'full sik' VN...
There's an easy 77rwkw to be had by putting in coloured headlight globes and 'bonnet washers'
Exhaust. You must not touch anything other than the rear muffler, which should be replaced with a 5" sausage roll that hangs on the ground, held in place with a single cable tie.
Change your personal appearance/image too. Time to buy some new clothes (you know the kind...), and start hanging out in carparks with like minded people
Last but by no means least, don't forget the clear tail lights!

The above mods work particualy well with lancers/mirages, but theres no reason it shouldn't work well with a celica... Lets know how it goes Twisted Evil
RA28midge
Regular

September 2002
Re: Modifying an SA-63 Mon, 18 November 2002 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
he is in surrey hills vic
Hey guys,
I've got problems with the 18RG in the TA22...
the fuel pump doesnt seem to pump when its going up hill...
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Modifying an SA-63 Tue, 19 November 2002 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey All.
I can't believe this thread is still going.

NinetySix wrote on Sun, 17 November 2002 15:29

Sorry to dust off a thread, but how much power and torque exactly does a 2S-C put out? and at what rpms .... and whats the redline?

these were fitted to coronas and celicas right about 83-84?

just curious... thanx

In reply to the question. Yes, these engines were fitted to the Corona. A friend has 2 CSX Sedans and is going strong. As for the engine performance. I'll let you know when i am bothered to read the Owners Manual.

The Update for the SA63 (My brother Owns It Now) and has changed the spark plug leads, cleaned the K&N Airfilter. Added new rubber boots (Yokohama A539). The Speedo cable broke (Comming in few weeks) though but using the GPS we got around 167Kph as it's top speed. He has bought a new transmission dipstick (original and bought at Toyota) and now the tranny oil doesn't spurt out of the pipe. He changed the T-Bar Gear knob, a Speco Temp Guage (the Factory Guage Stuffed up) and added a Sports Steering wheel.

PS. I can't forget to add the Celica Supra Seats (Thanks Cosmo).
That is the update.

Cheers All

[Updated on: Tue, 19 November 2002 06:43]

ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Modifying an SA-63 Tue, 19 November 2002 10:15 Go to previous message
From what I could gather from http://www.drive.com.au the 2S-C fitted in the Celica does:

73 KW and 157 Nm.

In Comparason the New Celica (2ZZ-GE) does 140 KW and 180 Nm.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:how come i've not seen more of these
Next Topic:1j warning light
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 3 14:33:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0069580078125 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.