Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
looking for more info on this GT4 Wed, 23 July 2003 07:40 Go to next message
http://www.autospeed.com/cms/A_1140/article.htmlhas anyone got the rest of this article - or know of the owner/or have specs of this car

Im very curious to see how his frontmount is done!

Bloody nice wheels too - i wish i could afford a set like them !

Send a private message to this user    
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: looking for more info on this GT4 Wed, 23 July 2003 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wonder what a violet pearl would lok over gunmetal grey ..

i think my Gt4 needs to be joining the dark side ..
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: looking for more info on this GT4 Wed, 23 July 2003 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that's awesome. make us pay.... grrrr
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: looking for more info on this GT4 Wed, 23 July 2003 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OMG that looks identical to the one that was in Hot4's issue #87 (with Black Magic 200sx on the cover).

actually it is the same one, only with different plates and a different owners name.

[Updated on: Wed, 23 July 2003 11:11]

strober
Regular

June 2002
Re: looking for more info on this GT4 Wed, 23 July 2003 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnice!
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: looking for more info on this GT4 Thu, 24 July 2003 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why im asking is that ceilica is what sort of aiming on replicating ..

engine wize im probably not going to gain as much as he has - though 185kw at the wheels would be a nice round number for a gt4 ..

Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: looking for more info on this GT4 Fri, 25 July 2003 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
200 would be rounder Razz Very Happy Wink

Bloody beautiful car!
SCO-77K
Regular

January 2003
Re: looking for more info on this GT4 Fri, 25 July 2003 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep i would kill for a car like that Very Happy
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: looking for more info on this GT4 Fri, 25 July 2003 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well mine will be a car like that - it all depends on money flow - as per anything to do with vehicle modification ..

Anyway - has ANYONE got a scan of the article in question ..

my suspensions down packed as is tyres / wheels exhaust - just need to look at drivetrain stuff now
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: looking for more info on this GT4 Sat, 26 July 2003 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
He is actually running ST205 gearbox, dif, tailshaft, and driveshafts on that one.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: looking for more info on this GT4 Sat, 26 July 2003 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
205 gearbox is on the way for me - just waiting on one to arrive ..

diff wise and driveshaft wise - hmms - i didnt think 205 driveshafts were the sdame as 185 ones - otherwise i would have got the pair off cool1 for mine when i lost a shaft 3 months ago
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: looking for more info on this GT4 Sat, 26 July 2003 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you want Classique71 I could scan the hot4's article I have of it for you and send it to your e-mail if your interested. Smile
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: looking for more info on this GT4 Sun, 27 July 2003 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that would be handy - ta ..

SXI16V
Regular

June 2003

Re: looking for more info on this GT4 Tue, 29 July 2003 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71
My mates dad has an imported ST185 GT-4
It cant be registered on australian roads
he only uses it for the track
Not sure what the kw's are at the wheels
but the first time we took it down eastern creek raceway with a few mods done, it done 2 minutes 14 seconds
We took it down last week and its down to 2 minutes 3 seconds
It got 3' zorst
Massive front mount
and it got a MOTEC computer, spent 3 hours late one night trying to tune it right
I know it owes him about 20K
I'll find out in detail actual mods and let you know
I'll try get some pics up 4 ya

[Updated on: Tue, 29 July 2003 02:51]

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: looking for more info on this GT4 Tue, 29 July 2003 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats why i made sure i got an Australian Gt4 - not import ..

and mine will be more a Street car with odd track fang - then all out track blaster ..

as before - im aiming for about 185KW at the wheels - and i believe that black one in the article had that or a bot more happeing ..

motec would be nice though im looking into an Apexi piggyback ECU , and theres also one from HKS that piggybacks ..

depends on the cost though - if its no cheaper than a total replacement ( ie motec , autronic etc etc ) ill go that path and get it professionally wired

SXI16V
Regular

June 2003

Re: looking for more info on this GT4 Tue, 29 July 2003 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah no worries
I'm sure this celica would have at least 18k kw's at the wheels
i'll find out the exact mods and let you know in detail
You wouldn't guess how much he picked up the celica for............................$6000.............. .........yes thats right $6000
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: looking for more info on this GT4 Tue, 29 July 2003 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats the norm for imports now - seeing they dont apply to the new import registering rules ..

there was one in adelaide for around that price at adelaide jap wreckers ..

wouldnt mind having his front mount though - that seems to be the thorn in my side atm ...

sleeka_celica
Newcomer

July 2003

Re: looking for more info on this GT4 Tue, 29 July 2003 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is the GT4 celica only 113kW? Thats a bit odd seeing how i own an SX and it has 103kW! Im pretty sure it does anyway. Rolling Eyes
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: looking for more info on this GT4 Tue, 29 July 2003 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah 113kw's at the wheels, the SX has 103kw at the flywheel, more like 64kw's at the wheels!!!!

Classique71 sorry have got around to scanning it for you yet, haven't had that much time (slow scanner)

That GT4 of intrest is about 235hp at the wheels
SXI16V
Regular

June 2003

Re: looking for more info on this GT4 Tue, 29 July 2003 22:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sleeka celica,
classique71 has 113kw at the wheels, whereas you have 103kw at the fly wheel which would work out to be about 65-70kw at the wheels
SecaSX
Regular

April 2003
Re: looking for more info on this GT4 Wed, 30 July 2003 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Classique71

Found this on the FastFours Website ... hope this helps

http://www.fastfours.com.au/display_fc_article.cfm ?objectid=64D17C7B-9680-4963-8B7D84E888F08194
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: looking for more info on this GT4 Wed, 30 July 2003 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The GT4's were never the lightest buggers...but 1700kg+ my arse!
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: looking for more info on this GT4 Wed, 30 July 2003 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats right, read my little blurb at the bottom twice - to make sure Rolling Eyes

my Gt4 puts out more at the wheels than your SX does at the fly Smile the joys of boost and all that Wink

as a side note engine wise id say my old grey pig would be putting out close to 165 ish kw at the motor - but that should soon jump a little more when the new exhaust + dumpy goes in ..

im also running 14psi boost instead of the standard 11 ish psi, a higher voltage fuel pump + a few other tweakies here and there

Aiming for around 130 at the wheels next time on the rollers, which is basically Double what the FWD version produces at the wheels - once again - no comparing the 5sfe to a 3sgte

Also i think the Gt4's were a shade over 1400 kg -ill check on this.

mine should be a but lighter seing im getitng rid of the havy arse front bumper + steel bracked in favour of the lighter group A bumper + aluminuim bracket Still seeing what other things i can lighten to lower this further without sacraficing things like the aircon + interior components

Wiso - NP mate - when you can is fine

SecaSX - ta for the link!
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: looking for more info on this GT4 Wed, 30 July 2003 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jesus..... The wanker who bought this had to rice it up a bit more didn't he, the previous owner "Bobby" Didn't have that monsta 5" Tacho, theres not much need they have a tacho IN THE DASH. No No No No No No No No No
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: looking for more info on this GT4 Wed, 30 July 2003 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well , it IS a fast fours article ! it has to have a ricer tacho !

i love this though:

Quote:

After all, his intention of claiming the title of Australia's fastest GT-Four can't be achieved without some serious work.

he wont get anywhere NEAR fastest with stock internals
Steve bignalls would put out alot more KW's than his

im pretty sure this car actually ended up being wrecked or the motor going bang , not surprising if he was running 25+ pound of boost with stocko bits ..

prettycar none the less definantly seems more " show " than go Sad

Im baffled by one other thing though - suspension wise they have only done the king springs lowering job + front swaybar !
Gt4 lists state its the REAR swaybar thats the problem - the front one is fine As is !!

[Updated on: Wed, 30 July 2003 09:50]

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: looking for more info on this GT4 Wed, 30 July 2003 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PS : wahst the difference strength wise between a 205 diff and a 185 diff ? anyone know ?

ive got a 205 gearbox on the way - just waiting on the deal
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: looking for more info on this GT4 Wed, 30 July 2003 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
185 rear diff final drive ratio is 3.93:1

205 rear diff final drive ratio is 4.28:1

Hope that e-mail in your profile is the right one cause I'll send the article to that. Have fun reading.

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: looking for more info on this GT4 Wed, 30 July 2003 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so its only the rear diff gear which is different ??

the front is the same ?

so really its no stronger - just provides a quicker acceleration + less top speed ?
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: looking for more info on this GT4 Wed, 30 July 2003 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahh - the hot 4's have MUCH better details of the car - thanks wiso - this is the info i was looking for ..

I now can see clearly why fast4's is rice and have no idea - and hot4's have all the decent " real" 4 bangers

two totally different articles and details - from one story to the other
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: looking for more info on this GT4 Wed, 30 July 2003 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dammit. I want the email too Sad
isaac
Regular

March 2003
Re: looking for more info on this GT4 Wed, 30 July 2003 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can somebody Email me a copy of this article too please? isaac@islade.com
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: looking for more info on this GT4 Wed, 30 July 2003 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, if anyone wants a copy of this article I have it on my webspace, the link is

http://wise.4gencelica.net/images/toymods/hot4s-ar ticle_04som.zip

You can download it, it is in a zip file 1.05mb
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: looking for more info on this GT4 Thu, 31 July 2003 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
According to the RAC website, they list the factory weight of the ST185 Group A as 1390kg, didn't bother finding the normal one, cos it couldn't be that much different.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: looking for more info on this GT4 Thu, 31 July 2003 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I think they are 1350kg. or somwhere between 1350 - 1400kg.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: looking for more info on this GT4 Thu, 31 July 2003 08:19 Go to previous message
mines on the other side of 1400

theres about 40KG in bumperbar weight alone , not to mention other bits -

My guess would be between 1400 - 1450kg for a standard ..

mines getting the jenny craig Grp A bumper - so the nose shouldnt be as heavy Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:who is IOCOOK ?
Next Topic:Car Seen- The place to be seen..( for all brisbanites)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 21 20:08:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057389736175537 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.