Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
1JZTRD
Newcomer

May 2003
3T-GTE in a RA28 Sat, 02 August 2003 22:29 Go to next message
What do i have to do to fit a 3T-GTE into my ra28??
My friend was telling me i'll need the crossmember out of a
T-18 to get it to bolt straight in??
Anyone who has done this conversion please help!! Sad
  Send a private message to this user    
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3T-GTE in a RA28 Sun, 03 August 2003 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a 3T-GTE in an RA28..

I used a crossmember from a TA23 Celica, as this allows the sump to sit at the front. Unlike the RA28 item that sits at the rear.

The mounts on the crossmember need to be moved out slightly also.

Need a W55/7/8 gearbox.

EFI fuel system (hi flow pump, surge tank, prime pump).

Any other questions let me know!

Cheers
Joel
tempest
Regular

April 2003
Re: 3T-GTE in a RA28 Wed, 06 August 2003 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i did this conversion about two weeks ago, turbora28 is right,u will need a ta23 crossmember and one of the mounts has to be moved slightly or the engine will sit on a slant. since i pulled the 3tgte out of a ta22 i also had to get a manual gearbox crossmember,a fuel sender and a few other bits n peices, if u want give me a buzz on 0402 609 653 i'll put u on to my mechanic and he will be able to answer any questions u may have...
TRD78
Regular

March 2003
Re: 3T-GTE in a RA28 Wed, 06 August 2003 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
while we're on the subject... do i really need to do any mods to bolt the 3TGTE into a TA22? i have heard all diferent stories and i am confused...
tempest
Regular

April 2003
Re: 3T-GTE in a RA28 Sun, 10 August 2003 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD78-I know the original crossmember can be used for the ta22 and the 3tgte is a tight fit,im not sure what mods have to be done if any to fit the actual engine,u will however have to upgrade the brakes and need a bigger fuel pump. i still have the ta22 shell i pulled the 3tgte out of and most of the stuff u will need to do this conversion including modified bigger brakes,and an ra23 tailshaft.pm me if your interested in buying any of it
TRD78
Regular

March 2003
Re: 3T-GTE in a RA28 Fri, 15 August 2003 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have moved the engine mount on the crossmember on the turbo side over about an inch, so now it sits perfectly... What kind of brake upgrade did u do? would be interested in ur parts if u could just let me know what parts u used and how easy to fit... and was it engineered? I don't think i would need a diferent tailshaft as i am just using the T50 for the time being...
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 3T-GTE in a RA28 Sat, 16 August 2003 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If your in Queensland...
which I know you are Very Happy you don't have to upgrade the brakes. I've previously done the same conversion. The standard tail shaft will hold up for a fair while, as long as you treat her nicely.

Cheers Kirk
TRD78
Regular

March 2003
Re: 3T-GTE in a RA28 Thu, 21 August 2003 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
U mean u don't have to do a brake upgrade or anything to get a TA22 registered with a 3TGTE in it??? i mean i would probly want to do one anyway but still... where do i find an LSD for this car??? the guy i bought the engine off had one in his TA22, supposedly stock equipment from some japanese spec one...
How did ur 3T go kirk? i've never actually seen how hard they go...
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 3T-GTE in a RA28 Thu, 21 August 2003 22:59 Go to previous message
We did the conversion over two years ago, but I doubt the laws have changed since. We didn't need any major major brake up grades, the only thing we had to change relating to the brakes was the size of the master cylinder the standard 22 one is a little small for its new job.

The 3tgte engines are beautifull, would actually love another one myself. I had mine stripped down and bored out to two litres . Replaced the pistons with over sized forged gt4 pistons with slight modifications to allow for only two valves per cylinder as opposed to four.

The engine and car went very well (emabarassed a few v8 comonwhore drivers with it)

Good luck with your build up, hope it all goes well.

Cheers Kirk
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:toyota crown royal saloon wiring diagram 1UZ-FE needed!!!
Next Topic:changing steering wheel?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 21:07:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0056540966033936 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.