Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
ST162/3S-GE Oil Pressure Switch Mon, 28 July 2003 13:07 Go to next message
These are apparently no longer available new from Toyota in Australia. Just the little bit that screws into the side of the head, well cam covers actually..

Needed for a 3S-GE.

thanks!

[Updated on: Sat, 02 August 2003 08:16]

Send a private message to this user    
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 Oil Pressure Switch Mon, 28 July 2003 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Might be able to sell you the one off my engine when the new won comes, we'll have to wait and see. Wink
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 Oil Pressure Switch Mon, 28 July 2003 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweet dude, thanks, let me know anyway... let me know when the engine comes for that matter.. maybe I can come down for a day and help you stick it in!
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 Oil Pressure Switch Tue, 29 July 2003 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Still needed!
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 Oil Pressure Switch Tue, 29 July 2003 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got a few guys from the club giving me a hand so we should be sorted there.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 Oil Pressure Switch Sat, 02 August 2003 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey still needed fellas. sorry to hassle. wiso? can you sell me the old one perhaps?
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162/3S-GE Oil Pressure Switch Sat, 02 August 2003 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What does the Oil Pressure switch do?????
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162/3S-GE Oil Pressure Switch Sun, 03 August 2003 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it screws into the cam covers on our car and sends the signal to the oil pressure dial on the dash. I don't know if it talks to the computer or anything.

on my motor it screws into the right hand side of the front cam cover.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162/3S-GE Oil Pressure Switch Sun, 03 August 2003 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So it's nothing of real great improtance.... the car will run without it.

The reason I asked is cause I was guessing that is what it maybe and I am now not sure you would want mine, as mine is more than likely stuffed as well.

My oil gauge hasn't worked for almost a year, (the gauge is fine we worked out) so it must be my sensor.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162/3S-GE Oil Pressure Switch Sun, 03 August 2003 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heh yeah, the car will run without it, but you never really know what your oil pressure is if the switch thingy is stuffed.

my 'pressure' fluxuates between none and 1/2, when in reality it is like right up where it should be. (had a mechanical guage to check it out with) So I guess I would just like it working and need a guage for that Smile

Seems like yours had the same issue! Wonder where we can get one from...
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162/3S-GE Oil Pressure Switch Sun, 03 August 2003 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep mine had the same problem then.

I think thats how I killed my engine, I didn't know how my oil was running when I really needed to...

Well I probably won't need one anymore as I will have one on my new engine
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162/3S-GE Oil Pressure Switch Sun, 03 August 2003 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
which makes me want one even more!
crazyracer
Regular

September 2002
Re: ST162/3S-GE Oil Pressure Switch Tue, 05 August 2003 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I might have one from one of the wrecked motors I've got. I won't be able to check through the garage till the weekend though.

If you've got a pic of one, that would be handy, so I know exactly what I'm looking for (there's a hell of a lot of junk out there).
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162/3S-GE Oil Pressure Switch Tue, 05 August 2003 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aw man that would be so excellent.

here is a piccie. this screws into the right hand side of the forward cam cover.

http://www.goodshopping.com.au/celica/oil_switch.jpg

[Updated on: Tue, 05 August 2003 12:43]

kevin l. bryant
Newcomer

August 2003
Re: ST162/3S-GE Oil Pressure Switch Thu, 07 August 2003 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i recently got one from cmi toyota in adelaide. cost $56. it was no different to the aftermarket one i got for $9. i have it on good authority they are unreliable anyway.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162/3S-GE Oil Pressure Switch Thu, 07 August 2003 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok cool thanks! aftermarket ones work well enuf with a rather accurate reading? Where did you get it from?
kevin l. bryant
Newcomer

August 2003
Re: ST162/3S-GE Oil Pressure Switch Thu, 07 August 2003 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got it from the local sort of "cheap auto parts" store called rocca brothers. that is the 9 dollar one. the 56 dollar one was from C.M.I. toyota in adelaide
my lad has a gt4 but we have nothing but trouble with it. there does not seem to be any mech. in adel that understands them, or is willing to work on them. even one toyota dealer told us not to come back, car is heap of shit..
where do we go from here?
this website is interested in this engine, and loves it.
i need help with this problem, can you do that?
as for the oil sender unit, if you still want one, let me know, i can get it and will send it over for you. i'm happy to do that.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162/3S-GE Oil Pressure Switch Tue, 12 August 2003 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey Kevin, I don't know how much help I can be! And I certainly don't know volumes about the GT4 - though I do want to own one eventually. Smile But I would love to help however I can.

Can't believe Toyota told you not to come back! That is absolutely terrible!

Regarding the switch, as you know, Toyota here, unhelpfully told me they didn't have them in Australia and they weren't available. I will pop down to my local Repco and see what they have to say, and we'll go from there I guess. It is good to know that they can be got.

thanks again - Rob
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: ST162/3S-GE Oil Pressure Switch Fri, 22 August 2003 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thx for the pic rob.
crazyracer
Regular

September 2002
Re: ST162/3S-GE Oil Pressure Switch Sun, 24 August 2003 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In my experience you need to try multiple Toyota dealers.

I've had one dealer tell me that a part is no longer available, without even looking it up, then another the same day tell me that they can get the part from Sydney by the following day.

I think some just can't be bothered try to help you with bits for older cars.
Steve_Reynolds
Regular

May 2002
Re: ST162/3S-GE Oil Pressure Switch Mon, 25 August 2003 01:52 Go to previous message
Mate I have one 2nd hand. It works fine but the threaded shaft is bent. Therefore it will sit at an angle when installed. Your welcome to it if you want it. Just send me a self addressed small padded bag (with enough stamps on it!) and I'll mail it to you. PM me for details if you get desperate.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:wtd rear sw20 supension struts assembly from 94 onwards
Next Topic:4AGZE Injector Plugs/Wires
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 18 01:37:49 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054960250854492 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.