Forums Junkie

August 2003

Sprinter AE86 Mon, 04 August 2003 13:33 Go to next message
http://www.users.on.net/nperin/Car001.jpg
http://www.users.on.net/nperin/Car002.jpg
http://www.users.on.net/nperin/Car003.jpg
http://www.users.on.net/nperin/Car004.jpg
http://www.users.on.net/nperin/Car005.jpg

Photos are a bit old now but this was after I did a little to the car. Bought it about 6 months ago now for $1500 and been slowly doing bits and pieces. Spent about $3500 in doing it up so far and will continue when I have more cash.

Basically had those mags put on (insurance was hard, 17 yo and those mags cost the same as I bought the car for), tinted the windows, dash repair (it was totally sunburnt), shockers replaced, leather reclading, hole in the tire well, a parcel shelf (didnt come with one), a headunit (bless the factory radio / tape deck complete with 5W speakers), 2x 4" and 2x 6"x9". In between that lots of small things that required $$ and lots of time, it adds up in the end.

Still have a few things to sort out but wouldnt mind getting a new engine put in this as it has the original stock 4A-GE 88kw. Few paint touch ups would be good as well but it will come in time.
  Send a private message to this user    
Solo
Regular

May 2003

Re: Sprinter AE86 Mon, 04 August 2003 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice ride!! it came stock with a 4age for $1,500 ??? Shocked Shocked Shocked , cant help it but Shocked Shocked Shocked

Nice wheels, but that stocka steering wheel gotta go and the seat covers...ermm no comment Very Happy
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Sprinter AE86 Mon, 04 August 2003 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My biggie, just looked it up 4A-C is probably what I meant. Its the weak pos. I know about the steering wheel but i kinda liked thost seat covers Smile Wouldnt mind getting a 4A-GE installed eventually as I had a quote for just under $1500 installed, is that decent price?

It was $1500 because the person had it for ages and finally moved up to a better car in the bmw range Razz Mates rates...
Solo
Regular

May 2003

Re: Sprinter AE86 Mon, 04 August 2003 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe the 4ac "Powerhouse" Very Happy , enough to beat some exa and kia punks Laughing . Yeah get the twinky steering wheel, gives it the jdm look and feels so much better to drive. Kidding man, your seat covers are "do-able" Smile

yup $1,500 installed is a decent price i guess, might want to rebuild it before installing so get more life out of it.

A sprinter to the BMW's ??????? hehe anyway, for $1,500 its considered a good buy, is this a 83, 84 or 85 model?
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Sprinter AE86 Mon, 04 August 2003 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
83' Sprinter AE86-R
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Sprinter AE86 Mon, 04 August 2003 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Callifo wrote on Tue, 05 August 2003 00:35

83' Sprinter AE86-R

AE86-R??????

TYPE R????? Rolling Eyes
TradingPost
Regular

June 2003
Re: Sprinter AE86 Tue, 05 August 2003 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86-R, those are rare, i think there are only 1 in the world, urs!! 4ac Type R Very Happy
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Sprinter AE86 Tue, 05 August 2003 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice mags

I have the same ones, are yours 16"?

Did you get fkd around when you where getting them from speedy?
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Sprinter AE86 Tue, 05 August 2003 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mags are 15" as the stock were 13"'s, and they were a little annoying because they had to be custom drilled. Because of this there were only 5 I could choose from and those were the cheapest ($250 each) apart from holden mags...

I presume R is rwd? as this is what is printed under the bonnet.
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Sprinter AE86 Tue, 05 August 2003 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I paid $2000 for 16" with 225/50/16" on them.
But they look wicked.
J-AE86
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Sprinter AE86 Tue, 05 August 2003 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
were you trying to go for the two tone look ?
cause if you were i think it was done wrongly if you were trying to go for the factory two tone look. no offence or anything jus saying.
the black bits are suppose to come around the rear and go where the licence plates and may be some other bits.
nice ride dude anyways for $1500 Cool
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Sprinter AE86 Tue, 05 August 2003 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
See what you mean about the paint, just noticed it myself. I bought it like that and they did have a cheap respray done on it. Perhaps in the future I might look at a better quality respray done. I dont mind the missing black strip, I sorta like it this way myself. Wouldnt mind a small spoiler put on the back, small and neat.

The mags were $250 each but the tires that are on them cost $110 each which came up just over $1500 in total. Tires are Sensei Instensa performance tires. Heard that legally you can only go up two sizes on the stock tires so I stuck with the 15"s just to make sure.
J-AE86
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Sprinter AE86 Tue, 05 August 2003 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
isn't it 1 size up ?

don't mind me i am just whoring Very Happy
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Sprinter AE86 Tue, 05 August 2003 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey man how did you repair your dash? I have some cracks I would like to repair, but haven't had to much success in ideas of how to do it. Sad

Thanks! - Rob
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Sprinter AE86 Tue, 05 August 2003 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The dash was done by a professional car restorer. Its a carpet so to speak but not long its just a smooth short haired type material. He cut back the huge crevases in the dash and filled the gaps and glued the new material down. Used the same carpet to do the boot hatch (if thats what you call it) boot floor (old one was REALLY oily and discusting) and the cover around the stereo face (in 3rd photo).
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Sprinter AE86 Thu, 07 August 2003 07:14 Go to previous message
Callifo wrote on Tue, 05 August 2003 00:35

83' Sprinter

Hey! So's mine - I'm only aware of one other AE86 which is a 1983 model. What's your chassis no.?

Mine's 2501 ... the other one I know of is 23 (I think) being the 23rd AE86 to roll off the line.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Rods Stout-Lite. (thetoyman75)
Next Topic:hello :)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 13:26:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0065140724182129 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.