Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Cruises and Events » Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Sun, 27 July 2003 00:42 Go to next message
Hehe, some of you might remember the night cruise to Palm Beach we had last year, I know I won't be forgetting it in a while! I still have the 2 inch roofing screw that took out one of my tires that night.....

Anyway, here's the details:

WHEN: Saturday 9th August, 8:30PM
WHERE: Homebush Bay, the carpark near the train station on Australia Ave.

We'll be starting at Homebush bay, in the carpark off Australia ave right near the station. Meet there at 8:30p.m.
Leave around 9:30, heading north up Homebush bay drive (that means we turn LEFT out of Homebush Bay!!!). We'll follow this road as it changes names a couple times, church st, lane cove rd, ryde rd, stopping at Bicentenial park in Pymble for a re-group depending on the number of cars we have.

Keep heading north along the same road, now called Mona Vale rd, all the way to Mona Vale where we turn left onto Barrenjoey rd and follow this all the way up to Palm Beach, where we'll stop for a chat & get some photos happening.

When we leave Palm beach, we're gonna head back down Barrenjoey rd, then just before we get back to Mona Vale rd we'll hang a right & head up pittwater road, for some twisty action.
Eventually we meet up with Mona Vale rd where we turn right, and then chuck a left down Forest way after only a km or so.

We'll Follow Forest Way to the end, where we turn right onto Warringah rd (whatch out for the speed camera here! Wink)and crank along, swing a right at boundary rd which takes us up to the Pacific Hwy.
Here we go left and follow it until artarmon & the beggining of the Gore Hill Freeway, where wo go right & head down epping rd for our final destination, the Space Station (the big Shell service station with the maccas in it). After this if anyone wants to keep cruising we can either head for the city or head west or whatever.

Don't forget your CBs, & I'll have maps to hand out on the night.
See you all there! Very Happy

[Updated on: Sun, 10 August 2003 09:12]

Send a private message to this user    
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Fri 8th Aug. Sun, 27 July 2003 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds good to me at this stage dude (depending what time i finish work that day!! Confused )
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Fri 8th Aug. Sun, 27 July 2003 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I might be up for this .....pending...
Ill let u know

Ta
Mani
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Fri 8th Aug. Sun, 27 July 2003 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll hopefully be there and everyone remember their locknut sockets Laughing Laughing Laughing ...

Sorry Joel, but I had to laugh...
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Sun, 27 July 2003 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whoops, I got the date wrong. Very Happy

Now it's SATURDAY NIGHT!!!
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Mon, 28 July 2003 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm there dude! Cool

looks like fun charlie!
grim boy
Regular

June 2002
Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Mon, 28 July 2003 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill be there sounds like a good oppertuinty to catch up wid a fue ppls and meet some new faces
Dennis
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Mon, 28 July 2003 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
grim boy wrote on Mon, 28 July 2003 21:40

ill be there sounds like a good oppertuinty to catch up wid a fue ppls and meet some new faces
Dennis

Idiot Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil ...
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Mon, 28 July 2003 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
U guys mind if theres a bike ?

Ta
Mani
//AdiCt-BoY
Occasional Poster

May 2003

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Mon, 28 July 2003 17:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Me wana come !!! but see what toyota mates will come with me not driving to syd by myself.
I only drive a small wittle car

Is flyn goin????
mikey_m
Regular

September 2002
Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Mon, 28 July 2003 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gents Count me IN!!!, Sounds like a great night,

Groovy Ciao
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Tue, 29 July 2003 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bikes are MOST welcome... they're always gfood fun to play with Smile
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Tue, 29 July 2003 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
k

i should be there

so let me get this straight Joel....
when u say on the way back we'll do some twisty stuff do u mean Mc carrs creek ?

Thanx
Mani
serge
Regular

June 2002
Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Tue, 29 July 2003 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be there Very Happy
redlineGTi
Regular

May 2003
Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Tue, 29 July 2003 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this an open invite?....as i dont know anyone.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Tue, 29 July 2003 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All the cruises are open invites...

Anyone newcomers are welcome...

And I suggest that McCarrs Creek Rd is what he's saying Mani...
serge
Regular

June 2002
Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Tue, 29 July 2003 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweeeeeeet!
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Wed, 30 July 2003 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DON'T FORGET YOUR UHF's EVERYONE!!

I have a couple to sell if anyone needs one. Just PM me.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Wed, 30 July 2003 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
redlinegti... new faces are always welcome

just stay away from witzl ... the chicken bites
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Wed, 30 July 2003 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm interested, but not sure if I'll be available or not. Sounds like a good cruise, and a good opportunity to test the new seats which will be installed by then, and the new ram-duct which will hopefully be in by then too. Very Happy
cri_ag
Regular

August 2002
Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Wed, 30 July 2003 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im keen il be one of those new faces but ill meet you somewhere between manly and palmy any idea wat time you will b at palmy
Darola
Regular

May 2002
Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Wed, 30 July 2003 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, what time u heading near forest rd??? i might have to work that night and wont be at homebush by 8:30

Eddie
(Darola)
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Thu, 31 July 2003 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolla Boy wrote on Mon, 28 July 2003 21:49

grim boy wrote on Mon, 28 July 2003 21:40

Dennis

pedofile!!!
oh yeah ad i will be there also
justin

Idiot Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil ...

Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Thu, 31 July 2003 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL...
FaT_RollA
Occasional Poster

January 2003
Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Thu, 31 July 2003 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
U guys running AM C.B's or UHF ? What channel u be on? hope 2 make it over or catch up along the way.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Thu, 31 July 2003 19:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
uhf, usually chan 16
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Sat, 02 August 2003 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bikes scare me. I always get freaked out because they are hard to see and if they stacked it it is straight under the front wheels...

I have a 21st to go to in the city, and I am sorta organising some music etc... if I can sneak away I will meet y'all up the coast! Will try my hardest
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Sun, 03 August 2003 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Sat, 02 August 2003 23:00

bikes scare me. I always get freaked out because they are hard to see and if they stacked it it is straight under the front wheels...

If u have enough distance between the vehicle in front of u and yourself u wont have a problem will u

not having a go at u just cant stand tailgaters esp when your on a freekn bike

Ta
Mani
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Sun, 03 August 2003 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't drive close at all!! In fact I stay a long ways behind bikes 'cause I always think, "what if they fall off" or something. there is so much more risk. if you hit the back of a car, ok, but if you hit a bike, you have just hit a person
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Sun, 03 August 2003 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
manipulate wrote on Sun, 03 August 2003 13:03

not having a go at u

[Updated on: Sun, 03 August 2003 03:20]

DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Sun, 03 August 2003 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll come but I don't know about putting my car though harsh twisties again like the old pac run flyn organised , the people who sat behind me know what I'm on about.

Would love to get a ride in your supra draven, plus I am light for a 6"5 dude ( about 64kg's ) Laughing
-blown20v-
Regular

January 2003
Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Sun, 03 August 2003 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey boys...
yea i might be there... we'll see wat happens bout rims on saturday mornin:D
should be a good cruise..
will let u know definately later in the week
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Sun, 03 August 2003 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think I'll have room for you diz.
no skid marks on the seat tho Smile
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Sun, 03 August 2003 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just make sure you tell him not to place his hands past the gear knob... Laughing Laughing Laughing ...
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Mon, 04 August 2003 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea Diz's taste in music sux Surprised
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Mon, 04 August 2003 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there's nothing but good music to choose from in my car. my cds, radio doesn't work Smile

and there I was getting my hopes up about where his hand might end up
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Mon, 04 August 2003 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh yeah real mature guys Rolling Eyes

Levin4Kevin
Regular

May 2003
Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Mon, 04 August 2003 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
These nights sound like you have a good time, but I am wondering if there are any older drivers amongst you. I am 36 and have just done a GZE into an AE92 sedan and enjoy my cars. Nothing against you younger guys/gals, I wish I was still only 20. The reason I ask is that although I enjoy the occassional press of the right pedal, I dont want to be speed around the place all night. You can call it old age if you want, but I just want to hang on to my licence.

Dont think I will be able to make this night, but look forward to meeting up with you and checking out your cars one day in the near future. All the best and have a good night on saturday, Kevin

Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Mon, 04 August 2003 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude, I'm the same as you...

I'm 18 and I don't like to speed everywhere cause of my license situation...

There have been a few exceptions and I will be paying for one of those exceptions... Although I hope I don't have to Confused Confused Confused ...

I'd love to see your car sometime man...

You got any pics of it at all???
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Mon, 04 August 2003 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lev4kev ... stacks of people are like you, young and elderly (sorry, "older") alike Smile

I'm one of the ones who enjoys the right foot to the floor most of the way, but I understand people who are a little more sedate, and that's great (as long as they're not in front of me Smile)
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Mon, 04 August 2003 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont you love me anymore diz? Sad
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Mon, 04 August 2003 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Mon, 04 August 2003 20:38

dont you love me anymore diz? Sad

For a wild ride , I'll love anyone Very Happy
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Mon, 04 August 2003 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweet, payment for driving crazily!

the carpark we're meeting in... that's 6C again?
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Mon, 04 August 2003 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep , same one as flyns pac run.
!*HeAt-SeCa*!
Regular

July 2003

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Mon, 04 August 2003 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think I'll come to this one...

Just as long as Greg describes to me in great detail wat roads to take, wat they look like, wats "Epping Road", wat is a road, and how a BP looks like a space station...

John
Ignite
Newcomer

July 2003

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Mon, 04 August 2003 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I kno its not a toyota, but Draven is a work mate of mine and has conned me into coming along on this cruise.

So HOPEFULLY will be able to make it along.

Looks like there are some awesome cars on here, cant wait to check it out.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Mon, 04 August 2003 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it was a shell, not a bp
and everyone knows the space station!

besides, the roads were irrelevant when the leader took us a different way and we lost all the rollas
cri_ag
Regular

August 2002
Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Mon, 04 August 2003 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can you guys tell me what time aprox you will be going through monavale cause id like to join the cruise there. do any of you run AM cb's? dont have access to a uhf and no cash to buy one.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Mon, 04 August 2003 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
afaik, we all run uhf

if you've got a mobile I'm sure someone could remmeber to call you as we go thru Smile
cri_ag
Regular

August 2002
Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Mon, 04 August 2003 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweet 0403772082 is my number so if somone could msg or call that bout 5mins before you hit monavale that would be great,

thanks

Craig
DavGT4
Regular

I supported Toymods
Toymods Special Events Coordinator

March 2003
Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Mon, 04 August 2003 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds like a great cruise... won't be able to make it, though. I've got the 1yr Annv. and the whole weekends' been booked by by my g/f!

have a great time & be safe.... Very Happy
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Mon, 04 August 2003 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Would Like to come but I'm hitting the city for a birthday that night. I will be pissed buy the time you guys meet up. If you cruise back down into town Joel or some one give me a ring.

Have a good night everyone
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Tue, 05 August 2003 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll try snd remmeber. everyone else try and remmeber too, 'ause my memory sucks
Levin4Kevin
Regular

May 2003
Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Tue, 05 August 2003 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolla Boy, you asked for a photo of my car so hopefully (as I'm old) I have attached a couple of pics. The engine bay shot is just before I got it back on the road and I still have to get new wheels and a few other little things. Hope you have a good night, Kevin

http://www.digitalpose.com/mbr/1/21405/p/341748_27 23741864408454475_vl.jpg

http://www.digitalpose.com/mbr/1/21405/p/378104_39 65080658712542585_vl.jpg

manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Tue, 05 August 2003 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Tue, 05 August 2003 15:50

I'll try snd remmeber. everyone else try and remmeber too, 'ause my memory sucks

dont u mean spelling

yeah pointing out typos never gets old !!!!

Razz

anyway as street directories and bikes are a pain in the ass put together ..... can i meet up with someone at all and follow them ???

cough* justin cough* benn

Ta
Mani
NC4080
Newcomer

May 2003

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Tue, 05 August 2003 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn this sounds like a good cruise, but i might be in the hunter valley but i want to come to this
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Tue, 05 August 2003 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kevin, your Rolla looks awesome dude... Total sleeper...

Mani, where did you wanna meet up???
FaT_RollA
Occasional Poster

January 2003
Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Tue, 05 August 2003 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So is this looking big ? Hope so.
Im organising few more people to come.
Shame i sold my rota, would have love to have shown u guys.

Just hope its a good cruise with good numbers,promised a few ppl it would be!!
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Wed, 06 August 2003 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Should be there, although it'll be in the work car cause mine's stranded in Brissie with broken rear suspension! Mad
Anyone going to mind if a stock "Aussie" car beats their modded Toyota? Laughing
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Palm Beach Night Cruise, Sat 9th Aug. Wed, 06 August 2003 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
um...
I'd like to see your stock aussie car try Smile
unless it's a gtsr or a 315kw hsv, I'm not worried Smile

and yeah, typos suck. I type for a living, go figure how I make so many Razz

just meet up with us all at homebush mani
Pages (3): [1  2  3  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:anyone up for a cruise to newcastle in the near future
Next Topic:Sydney cruise to wollongong BBQ lunch 31st Aug
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:13:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.009119987487793 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.