Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » CAR HAS BEEN TOWED (outside UTS)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
CAR HAS BEEN TOWED (outside UTS) Tue, 05 August 2003 07:01 Go to next message
Who and what number do i call to get the car back

(Favour for a friend of course - not me !!!)

Thanks
Les
  Send a private message to this user    
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: CAR HAS BEEN TOWED (outside UTS) Tue, 05 August 2003 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hello mr "i forgot about the 3pm clearway"

call the rta - theyll out you in touch with the co. that towed it and where, btw - youll need something like $100 to get your car back (from memory, been a long time since i did that)

cheers
ed
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: CAR HAS BEEN TOWED (outside UTS) Tue, 05 August 2003 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As a side note, I used to park cars I needed removed in clearways and tow away car parks. Make sure you remove all forms of identification.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: CAR HAS BEEN TOWED (outside UTS) Tue, 05 August 2003 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carlton united brewries is just across the road and have parking at $7 all day for students when you show ur UTS card.

A small price to pay for conveinience.
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: CAR HAS BEEN TOWED (outside UTS) Tue, 05 August 2003 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha nice idea GT.

its still really easy to ring one of the ads in the papers about free towaways of dead cars.
i had one taken once, the dodgy guy didnt even ask for papers or any form of ownership, not even the keys!
it cud have been anyones car! ahha so so dodgy
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: CAR HAS BEEN TOWED (outside UTS) Tue, 05 August 2003 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What prompted it was my friend parked his beloved 67 Crown Deluxe in a car park one night. We came back to find it missing and a smarmy towie telling us where we could go to pick it up. The release fee was about what the car cost him. We then got thinking....after the fourth car they chased us (presumably to bash us) after we got out of it!
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: CAR HAS BEEN TOWED (ok now) Tue, 05 August 2003 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all sorted - thanks Ed
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon10.gif  Re: CAR HAS BEEN TOWED (outside UTS) Tue, 05 August 2003 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gianttomato wrote on Tue, 05 August 2003 17:56

We then got thinking....after the fourth car they chased us (presumably to bash us) after we got out of it!

hahahaha Dodgy bastard. Laughing
Tell me that you didn't park the cars near your houses.....
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: CAR HAS BEEN TOWED (outside UTS) Wed, 06 August 2003 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The fourth one was our most audacious one....we drove a doorless and guardless KE30 from Coburg to this car park in Fitzroy. I think we exacted revenge.
whiteGZE
Regular

May 2002

Re: CAR HAS BEEN TOWED (outside UTS) Wed, 06 August 2003 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LMAO I'm not the only one Laughing

I done this quite a few years back. I came back to find my car had somehow parked itself on the other side of the street. I was like wtf, until I found the envelope on the windscreen.

Cost me $120 for the 30 seconds it took to tow the car 5m from one side of the road to the other. Then another $120 for parking in a clearway!! My mate foot most of the bill since he insisted we park there despite me wanting to park at broadway.
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: CAR HAS BEEN TOWED (outside UTS) Wed, 06 August 2003 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heheheheheh

well.. not really worth it ey !? bastards 1 Very Happy
SmellyTofu
Regular

May 2002
Re: CAR HAS BEEN TOWED (outside UTS) Wed, 06 August 2003 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Entertainment Centre car park is $10 all day, everyday (incl public holidays etc), for UTS students and it's quite comforting to know there's a guy going around all the time checking on the cars to make sure no one is doing funny stuff to them.

I refuse to park at Broadway... too many scary stories of people stealing and breaking into cars there.

[Updated on: Wed, 06 August 2003 10:36]

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: CAR HAS BEEN TOWED (outside UTS) Wed, 06 August 2003 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stories?
what stories?

I park there after work if I head into central, thinking it was safe.
now I'm worried!
SmellyTofu
Regular

May 2002
Re: CAR HAS BEEN TOWED (outside UTS) Wed, 06 August 2003 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've had friends had their car broken into.. and my friend had even seen them break into it (before getting away)... result... broken front bumper, bent bonnet (to get under the bonnet to disable the alarm), and one stolen Recaro seat.... (dunno what else was broken but that in itself is bad enough)

My car isn't exactly wow or stands out in any way but I'd rather give $10 to Wilson Parking than to park there.
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: CAR HAS BEEN TOWED (outside UTS) Wed, 06 August 2003 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
suggestion take to the sign with a spanner and remove it, can they book ya if there aint a sign?

Smile
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: CAR HAS BEEN TOWED (outside UTS) Wed, 06 August 2003 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have often thought about this....they usually are a Torx bolt. I don't think I'd want to get caught doing it though. I'm sure there's a nasty charge or 2, like criminal damage or some such thing....
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: CAR HAS BEEN TOWED (outside UTS) Wed, 06 August 2003 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And cars don't go unbroken when parked in a 'secure' carpark?
SmellyTofu
Regular

May 2002
Re: CAR HAS BEEN TOWED (outside UTS) Wed, 06 August 2003 19:50 Go to previous message
BlackSupra wrote on Wed, 06 August 2003 22:40

And cars don't go unbroken when parked in a 'secure' carpark?

And cars aren't "secure" when driven into a carpark either. Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:hiyas from NZ!
Next Topic:=> FORD Blood Orange <=
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 13:30:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055007934570312 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.