Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » =>2 x 12 " Pioneer Subs......WHAT AMP!!!!!!!!!?????????

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
icon9.gif  =>2 x 12 " Pioneer Subs......WHAT AMP!!!!!!!!!????????? Wed, 06 August 2003 10:44 Go to next message
ok... i've got the pioneer 304c double which is the pre fab 2 x 12s. The specs are 1200 Watts Peak / 600 Watts R.M.S. which equates to 600 peak/300 R.M.S each. My question is what amp should i run these on and what configuration? I would like decent quality sound but also a decent amount of power.... for what it's worth something that is a good price would be great.

So far i've come up with the response 4 x 100 RMS bridged into 2 x 300rms.... is that a good idea? does anyone have anything better?

Cheers Cool
  Send a private message to this user    
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: =>2 x 12 " Pioneer Subs......WHAT AMP!!!!!!!!!????????? Wed, 06 August 2003 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
depending on the loadability of the two subs, you could bridge the amp to the subs in sequence to produce a 4ohm load, giving you a higher level of output from the amplifier, but just make sure you check the amp is bridgable and the woofers can handle 4ohms.
justin
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: =>2 x 12 " Pioneer Subs......WHAT AMP!!!!!!!!!????????? Wed, 06 August 2003 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you get the response amp, you are wasting money.

Its better to save more money and get a decent amp. As most of us know, its not so much the rating the amp states it can do, but the sound quality, and that response amp would be CRAP, and i only say that, cause i've made that mistake, and had to end up paying more money for a good amp that i should have got straight away. A decent 100WRMS X 2 amp, like an alpine will give you better bass than a crap amp saying its power is rated at 300WRMS. I know this sounds weird, but trust me, been there done that. For your set-up, i'd recommend going a single amp, like a ALPINE mrv-t757 and i just found one for sale on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;item=3039371549&category=4950

this would suit your subs beautifully.
Just look for a name brand, usually US brands are better than Jap amps, but there are exceptions and look for a decent price. I'd lean towards, Kenwood(top of the range), rockford, alpine, fusion, mtx and top of the line clarion to make you feel the bass.

Hope that helps

Cheers
Ben

[Updated on: Wed, 06 August 2003 11:39]

crazy_camry
Regular

April 2003
Re: =>2 x 12 " Pioneer Subs......WHAT AMP!!!!!!!!!????????? Thu, 07 August 2003 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've got i think the same subs and a kenwood 1000W 2 channel amp and they punch pretty hard. only problem is the box is too small.

[Updated on: Thu, 07 August 2003 00:18]

Cressida Supra
Regular

September 2002

Re: =>2 x 12 " Pioneer Subs......WHAT AMP!!!!!!!!!????????? Thu, 07 August 2003 15:20 Go to previous message
any decent amp at about 60x4 RMS will do it
bridge 2 channels per sub
and by decent i dont mean response, boss, kenwood, clarion etc
if u get pioneer or alpine, go for about 75x4 RMS
if u get something good like mtx, signat, crunch, hifonics, then 60x4 would be plenty enough

if u get a monoblock, then 250x1 RMS @ 4 ohms will be enough
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:How to run in a brand new TRD LSD
Next Topic:Fuel pump for 4age 20v black top...??
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 20:07:36 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.004162073135376 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.