Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Spinter Insurance....

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Green_Comet
Regular

August 2003
Spinter Insurance.... Thu, 07 August 2003 23:07 Go to next message
Hey everyone,
Well i got my ae86 sprinter finally Very Happy , and im having a hard time finding cheap extended 3rd party insurance for it. I have been ringing around and found the cheapest, to be $500 just for normal 3rd party and $750 for extended 3rd party, and thats with the car under me dad's name who has a rating 1, the most i was quoted was $1200 for extended third party Shocked . They recon that the car is classed as a peformance vehicle as its a coupe and rwd. does anyone know a cheap insurance company??? Im looking to spend about max $500 on extended third party!
thanx...
  Send a private message to this user    
J-AE86
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Spinter Insurance.... Thu, 07 August 2003 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ummm i am with GE ( general electric ) they charge 200 dollars for my car under my dads name 3rd party Cool

btw is that your car in the avatar ?

[Updated on: Thu, 07 August 2003 23:33]

Green_Comet
Regular

August 2003
Re: Spinter Insurance.... Thu, 07 August 2003 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$200 with GE thats not to bad Very Happy im might have to give them a buzz when i get home from uni.. na thats not my car in the avatar, i wish i could drift like that! and Im not gonna try it till i get sum insurance Rolling Eyes .... thanx sprintr
Ko Ko
Regular

May 2003
Re: Spinter Insurance.... Fri, 08 August 2003 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey,
Yeh I am insured for my car with 1200 under my name being 18 with a speeding fine already and insured with wheels suspension and stereo and interior bits under nrma. But maybe you might not wanna go that steep. Hmm you could try shannons or just car but I guess they are all going to be around the 500 mark or upwards. But its up to you.
evilshyt
Regular

November 2002
Re: Spinter Insurance.... Fri, 08 August 2003 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm with AAMI:
$237 (3rd party) + $75 (fire and theft)

this is an abridged version of my insurance schedule as at 28/07/03:

1983 toyota sprinter ae86 2d coupe 4 cyl
claimes/accidents: nil
theft: nil
motoring infringements: nil
modifications: replacement engine
accessories: respray

AAMI aren't too bad. i once had an accident where the other party was at fault, but they were not insured and supposedly couldn't afford to fix my car. AAMI fixed sent 2k to fix up mine (the damage exceeded 2k tho).

TradingPost
Regular

June 2003
Re: Spinter Insurance.... Fri, 08 August 2003 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i paid $344 3rd party for my sprinter, with "just cars", which includes modds such as BIGGER engine, body kit, alloys.

[Updated on: Fri, 08 August 2003 04:54]

evilshyt
Regular

November 2002
Re: Spinter Insurance.... Fri, 08 August 2003 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tradinpost/solo/kit,

how much do you pay in excess? i've got a few mates with just cars - they say that it was a last resort for their modded cars (just cars say yes to pretty much anybody, and friends couldn't get any insurance with anybody else!). its nice that they have an "unlimited mods" policy, but as a whole they're pretty restrictive. they tell me that excesses are pretty hefty, and the service aint so great... even something like fire and theft will set you back a pretty penny on top of your insurance premium. getting them to pay for an accident is supposedly a tad more difficult too, whereas RACV and AAMI apparently "just payout".

one last point to think about - Just Cars is a subsidiary of AAMI... and since they have no office for face-to-face contact, they use AAMI offices for premium payment and vehicle inspection (they "speak" to you over mail and telephone only).
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Spinter Insurance.... Fri, 08 August 2003 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
from what i remember, just cars were about 400 bucks more than RACV, who i am with now for about 300-350 third party ONLY, wouldnt let me have fire and theft because of my horrible paint.

this balances out, because racv has another 400 dollar excess than juist car, so go with just car if you know you are going to have crashes.

on a side note, it would cost me 2,500 per year for full comp. no thanks.

Flem
Regular

May 2002
Re: Spinter Insurance.... Fri, 08 August 2003 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im having big troulbes with aami i was in a acco now they wrote my bike off, i put a new blinker footpeg And clutch lever on and IM RIDING IT they cantr write it off untill i give them the ok. now the rest of the damage is fairing, now ive lost about 1200 there 1400 for the motorcycle gear which they dont wanna pay and a week off work which they dont wanna pay , ever tryed toyotas insurance allianz call them on ( all phone enquiries) 1300138664 sory about long post
Green_Comet
Regular

August 2003
Re: Spinter Insurance.... Mon, 11 August 2003 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i ended up goin with aami they are charging me $370 under my name for 3rd party fire and theft, which is pretty good considering that alliance wanted $1200. I had to take the car down to aami in north melbourne so they could check it out, as the car is 18 years old, and they thought it was trashed and damaged, but the guy looked at it for a minuted and said yeah no problem. so its all good! Very Happy
natez
Regular

April 2003
Re: Spinter Insurance.... Mon, 11 August 2003 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just paid 480 3rd party, fire and theft, with aami, didn't need to take it anywhere, was just over the phone... howd u get 370, or is that without fire and theft.....

19, no mods, nothing against my name
Green_Comet
Regular

August 2003
Re: Spinter Insurance.... Mon, 11 August 2003 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No idea man thats just what it worked out to be! When i get the conformation in the mail ill scan for ya! but it worked out to be about $370-$380 sumfin like that. Im 19 and i dont have anything against my name either! Confused your car is probably worth more than mine if u write it off but!! I dont even know how much they valued mine at. Probably just market value.
J-AE86
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Spinter Insurance.... Mon, 11 August 2003 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its actually weird, in nrma each time you ring them up each person would give a diffferent quote.. so it may be the same with aami
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Spinter Insurance.... Mon, 11 August 2003 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have insured my Sprinter through the RAA for $180 per year for 3rd party, fire and theft. If the cars stolen though I only get $2500 back so Im looking at going up to comprehensive soon.
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Spinter Insurance.... Mon, 11 August 2003 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
correct me if I am wrong.

$2500 is the market value of the sprinter.
But even under compo, if the damage is beyond 3/4 of $2500 (say 1900) then won't they just pay you the full car amount?

My friend had his car smashed and the damage was estimated at 6k. He wanted to keep his car cause of sentimental value, but they said NO.

just a thought.

rock on.,
natez
Regular

April 2003
Re: Spinter Insurance.... Tue, 12 August 2003 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yer, well i'll be getting 4200 if the car is stolen, or watever... they lady told me market value was $3900, for a 85 sprinter...
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Spinter Insurance.... Tue, 12 August 2003 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$1200?!?

shannons and just cars only charge me half that for my supra!

[Updated on: Tue, 12 August 2003 03:28]

tafebum
Regular

December 2002
Re: Spinter Insurance.... Tue, 12 August 2003 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got 3rd party insurance with SGIC, $202 for my sprinter. I was only nineteen at the time, no traffic infringments or any shit.

This was for a stock 4ac sprinter, but i rang them the other week and told them im putting a 4AGE in and they said that it wouldn't affect my premium at all.
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Spinter Insurance.... Wed, 13 August 2003 08:45 Go to previous message
shit greg..
shannons wanted 800 from me for 3rd party for my supra!
justcar costs me about 620
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Warning: Police Blitz @ The Rocks This Weekend
Next Topic:Any good sites for Tacho's oil pressure gauges ect
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 16:27:47 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0056359767913818 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.