Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Astro
Regular

August 2002

Opinions on CD tuners Fri, 08 August 2003 07:53 Go to next message
I'm interested in two of the following CD tuners and I just want to know if anyone has them, or has used them, could give me some feedback.

This one:

http://www.pioneeraus.com.au/car/catalogue/product _cd_tuners/deh-p3550mp/product_deh_p3550mp.html

and

http://www.pioneeraus.com.au/car/catalogue/product _cd_tuners/deh-p5550mp/product_deh_p5550mp.html

Feel free to give me some other suggestions as well.

Thanks.

[Updated on: Fri, 08 August 2003 07:54]

Send a private message to this user    
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Opinions on CD tuners Fri, 08 August 2003 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well i have this one:

http://www.pioneeraus.com.au/car/catalogue/product _cd_tuners/deh-p2550/product_deh_p2550.html

It cranks i have pioner 6*9" 3 ways in the back and 2 way 6 " in the front its loud as fck

the head unit cost $400
the p3550 is like $600
and the other one is like $800

i am glad i didnt buy anyhting more expensive because the one i have is LOUD - like wake the neighbor hood up loud, or was that my exaust? Laughing
speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Opinions on CD tuners Fri, 08 August 2003 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i originally bought that second pioneer unit from ryda but returned it when i found out it didnt play VBR Mp3's

I ended up settling for a JVC unit
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Opinions on CD tuners Sat, 09 August 2003 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JVC frikken own
I have been VERY happy with the 2 that i've had(currently got a dual tape\cd deck with 12 disc stacker...if anyone wants to buy it off me make an offer, i want mp3 powah!)
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Opinions on CD tuners Sat, 09 August 2003 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've said this in other topics, but might as well here. Forget getting an mp3 unit, they blow the big one. Why worry about having to burn a cd of mp3's when you can get one of these http://www.nomadworld.com/products/Jukebox_Zen/ which holds up to 60GB of music. Much better alternative imo. And ofc, you can use it as a walkman, use it instead of having mp3's on your comp, take it around to parties, do whatever with it. It's what I'm getting for mine.
speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Opinions on CD tuners Sat, 09 August 2003 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if it was that easy i'd prefer to get just a standard jukebox 3, and switch the HDD in it for a 2.5" 120gig one.
EDIT: ive just found out you can do it with the Zen's too.. yay!

The problem arises when trying to connect them up to the car stereo, as next to no decks have standard rca/minijack inputs.
I remember once seeing a CD Stacker -> RCA adapter for a pioneer deck for some ludicrous price.

[Updated on: Sat, 09 August 2003 12:39]

Astro
Regular

August 2002

Re: Opinions on CD tuners Sat, 09 August 2003 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gtman, I looked at the portable mp3 players and the 20GB one costs US$300 and 60GB at US$400. I have the stock RA65 tape deck so it won't immediately connect up and the tape player is broken, so I really need to get a new car deck.

speakafreaka, could you please give me some more information about the JVC unit that you bought?

speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Opinions on CD tuners Sat, 09 August 2003 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
theres a selection of mp3 units here:
http://shop.ryda.com.au/main_departments.asp?cat=1 &CatDescr=CAR+AUDIO&Cat2=CMP3&Cat2Desc r=Car+MP3+Head+Units

With that you can sort of work out what you can possibly get for the price you are looking to spend (please note that ryda's prices are usually inflated)

This is the one i've got after returning the pioneer one because stupid ryda misinformed me of the capabilities of the unit. it cost me $699, but its discontinued now so it should be much cheaper.

If i were to buy one now i would probably go for one of the chameleon JVC mp3 deck, although on the newer version of mine you can actually upload animations to the head unit for playback, which is pretty cool.

[Updated on: Sat, 09 August 2003 13:25]

gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Opinions on CD tuners Sat, 09 August 2003 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
speakafreaka wrote on Sat, 09 August 2003 20:38

if it was that easy i'd prefer to get just a standard jukebox 3, and switch the HDD in it for a 2.5" 120gig one.
EDIT: ive just found out you can do it with the Zen's too.. yay!

The problem arises when trying to connect them up to the car stereo, as next to no decks have standard rca/minijack inputs.
I remember once seeing a CD Stacker -> RCA adapter for a pioneer deck for some ludicrous price.

Yeah, 60GB would last me a long time tho Smile Yes, connection is a problem, no way known to manking would I run it through the casette deck. With the JB3 it has line out so if you can find a head unit that has line in you can do it that way. I also did abit of search and there is some connecters you can get to convert the headphone out into something that certain head units will accept as an input. Yeah Astro, I know you need a new head unit, but I wouldn't get an mp3 one, thats what I'm saying. Get a good one now, then save up some and get the HDD player. They are so much better imo. I'll see if I can find out the cords etc you need to connect it up
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Opinions on CD tuners Sat, 09 August 2003 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here are heaps of head units that have aux-in http://www.electronicfuture.com/car-audio/head-uni ts.htm all you need to do is plug the HDD player into that and voila, tunesa-cranking
speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Opinions on CD tuners Sat, 09 August 2003 17:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the majority of those were mp3 units Smile

if you do go that path, even though it may say RCA inputs, double check yourself that they actually are there for what you need. salesmen will tell you anything to make a sale.

My only main gripe with my current setup (and im not sure if the JB3 or Zen overcomes this.. please let me know otherwise) is that you cant select gapless output for mp3s. kinda annoying for mixes and the only way to get around it is to make one big mp3, which is also annoying if you wanna listen to the last track.

gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Opinions on CD tuners Sun, 10 August 2003 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah not sure about that, but I know it pisses me off when listening to compo's and concerts when there is the gaps Confused With the pioneer ones you can get some thingmajig called a CD-RB20 that provides RCA input http://www.sounddomain.com/shop/item.pl?sku=PIOCDR B20 Then all you need is headphone to RCA connector, which are a dime a dozen, and you're laughing.

This is the pioneer one I'm looking at
http://www.pioneeraus.com.au/car/catalogue/product _cd_tuners/deh-p9450mp/product_dehp9450mp.html

Saw another maker called Rockford Fosgate, but it looks like they are US only. Anyone know if they have a distributer here? This is their range, looks nice http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/sourceunits/

I'm such a sucka for nice looking units Razz
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Opinions on CD tuners Sun, 10 August 2003 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rockford Fosgate is avail in Australia dude...

Most of my stuff is Alpine and I'm having no problems with it... I love the look, the features and the qualityness of all of it...
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Opinions on CD tuners Sun, 10 August 2003 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where's a website? I can't see oen, unless I'm retarded, which I wouldn't count out of the equation
speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Opinions on CD tuners Mon, 11 August 2003 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know they used to sell their stuff at strathfield (mind you this was 6+ years ago) theyre speakers/subs were top notch but the decks were overpriced when compared to similar clarion/kenwood/alpine units.

Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Opinions on CD tuners Mon, 11 August 2003 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.rockford-fosgate.com/

There ya go...

I know they sell Rockford stuff at The Lifestyle Store at Parramatta...
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Opinions on CD tuners Mon, 11 August 2003 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I seen that site Ben, but thats american, I wasn't sure if they where here. They do have a distributer here but their website is insanely unhelpful with no prices Razz
speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Opinions on CD tuners Mon, 11 August 2003 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i found one place selling RF head units.. err.. unit.

http://www.rlr.com.au/details.asp?id=1

ill keep googling and see if i can find more
speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Opinions on CD tuners Mon, 11 August 2003 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nothing with prices/models avail.

you can see what i mean about the price though.
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Opinions on CD tuners Mon, 11 August 2003 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah thats pretty damn harsh Shocked Having a look at the pioneer ones as well, I think I might have to look for something more towards the lower end of the spectrum for price as well Laughing The second top of the line was 1500RRP and 1000 'on special' so I don't want to know what the one above that that I was after was going to be, heh

Ah to be some rich guys kid Razz
libby
Occasional Poster

October 2002
Re: Opinions on CD tuners Tue, 12 August 2003 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JVC mp3 all the way baby!
My boyf, me and 2 of my friends have them (all different models) and none of us would swap them for anything! Razz
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Opinions on CD tuners Tue, 12 August 2003 12:08 Go to previous message
I have had a few pioneers and have stood by them for the last few years but I got a jvc the other day for my bro's car and am really impressed. it was $360 I think, played mp3's and was much better than the $600 pioneer I have now.

I don't think you could go past JVC.

Tim
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:romp
Next Topic:New addition to the WRC
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 17 09:48:37 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051119327545166 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.