Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
funkdoc
Regular

February 2003
AE86 Brake Upgrade Fri, 08 August 2003 14:47 Go to next message
Hi, i've currently got a 20v b/t sprinter with some mods (approx 190hp). The stock front brakes really needs a upgrade, anyone got any suggestions?? i know the Jap spec brakes are vented and a tad bigger in diameter but will they handle the power for track work....???
  Send a private message to this user    
-Mark-
Regular

July 2003
Re: AE86 Brake Upgrade Fri, 08 August 2003 17:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My Trueno puts out 180hp from a AE92 4AGE.

When I run no interior and roll cage on the track, they stand up fine.

Some good pads is all you need if you get the JDM spec brakes.

They're nice and light.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE86 Brake Upgrade Sat, 09 August 2003 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The search button is your friend. AE86 brake upgrades have been done to death on this forum.
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: AE86 Brake Upgrade Sat, 09 August 2003 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Or if you are too lazy to look for the search link try this one... Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity
Flem
Regular

May 2002
Re: AE86 Brake Upgrade Sat, 09 August 2003 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PM EVOSTI hes got a good brake set up on his gze sprinter its heavier but brakes well..
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: AE86 Brake Upgrade Sun, 10 August 2003 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i used 4 spot hilux calipers with pug rotors like people have done on celicas.
i recently did a conversion for someone for i think it was $1100 with new brembo vented rotors and that includes labour. if i did it again it would prob be a tad more cause i think the labour i charged last time was not enough Crying or Very Sad
but if you want to do it yourself i wrote an article its in the gallery section somewhere.
Rex_Kelway
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE86 Brake Upgrade Sun, 10 August 2003 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mine's not finished yet but the basics so far are HR32 GTSt calipers with 290mm 20mm thick vented rotors and the obligatory 15/16 M/C and modified pedal advantage if needed.

People say that brake upgrades are expensive, and sure they can be but remember that if done properly it will be a one off cost.

sprinterboy4agze
Regular

March 2003
Re: AE86 Brake Upgrade Mon, 11 August 2003 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
evo did he provide the bembro rotors?

evo what skock n springs and how low did u go?

did u have to chane or modify the booster? how well is the braking hard or soft???
sprinterboy4agze
Regular

March 2003
Re: AE86 Brake Upgrade Mon, 11 August 2003 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats the go with the rx7 brakes on the sprinter is that easy to do does anyone no more about this one?

and does the supra ma70 rear disks fit on a sprinter?
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: AE86 Brake Upgrade Mon, 11 August 2003 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i did the conversion for gremlin on these forums it was a ae71 so it was a little more expensive than a sprinter i cant remember why tho.
the price i quoted was for labour and me supplying everything which included brand new brembo rotors, second hand struts, starion master cylinder, second hand 4 piston calipers, new hub seals and grease, new pipe made up to match m/c and custom springs made by all springs which i cannot do myself likewise with maching the discs.
i can either use the corona springs or the original sprinter springs if wanted.

the pedal feel is great, as good as or better than stock.
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AE86 Brake Upgrade Tue, 12 August 2003 13:47 Go to previous message
Reason people go for RX7 brakes is because they are big, light and relatively common and so relatively cheap. But they are a total bitch to fit onto a Sprinter. The Corona strut/Hilux caliper/Peugot disc setup would be much easier to do.

Hen
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:20 valve running to rich how do i fix it.
Next Topic:Carby to EFI
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 17:25:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062611103057861 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.