Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Micallef Tonight.... axed?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
icon4.gif  Micallef Tonight.... axed? Wed, 06 August 2003 02:34 Go to next message
I've heard this now from two different sources, can someone confirm it for me? I watched it the other night, and he did say the F word, so I'm hoping thats not what it was for Sad That was such a damn classic show that was just starting to pick up steam
  Send a private message to this user    
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Micallef Tonight.... axed? Wed, 06 August 2003 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its being axed along with white colar blue because of under-performing programs. Crying or Very Sad

micallef owns, bring back full frontal! Cool
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Micallef Tonight.... axed? Wed, 06 August 2003 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, full frontal, fast forward, they were classics
justin Laughing
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Micallef Tonight.... axed? Wed, 06 August 2003 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
comedy company and fast forward were the best.
personally i used to like micallef but i think his show stinks. he reuses the same jokes over and over again they are only funny for so long. and also it always finishes at like 11pm so i have to wait longer for sopranos Mad
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Micallef Tonight.... axed? Wed, 06 August 2003 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn you soprano whore! Always complaining! Razz I reckoned his show was awesome, if you want to see repetition, just tune into channel 10 on tuesday nights to watch Rove Live. Rove is really annoying me these days. He's Channel 10's version of Eddie Maguire. And speaking of that retard, Micallef always started late cause Millionaire runs overtime EVERY week, so he's the one to blame for Soprano's starting late, not Micaleff
speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Micallef Tonight.... axed? Wed, 06 August 2003 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i prefered him on abc's "micallef porgam"
the skits were much funnier imho..

on a different note, did anyone else notice that nearly every comedian on the "for holly" show were ex/still abc? its nice to know rove and other channel 10 comedians can do shows for free Smiley = i was shitty that DAAS didnt do somehting funny though
Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Micallef Tonight.... axed? Wed, 06 August 2003 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tis true unfortunately

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/08/05/10600 64182208.html
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Micallef Tonight.... axed? Wed, 06 August 2003 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I...want....Full.....Frontal.......

and especially Poitar
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Micallef Tonight.... axed? Wed, 06 August 2003 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahhhhhh eric bana..

the olmpics when he ran hurdles.. first leap it was the pie, 2nd it was the sauce, 3rd it was the beer Laughing

and remember that retarded boxing impersination? butterfly..
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Micallef Tonight.... axed? Wed, 06 August 2003 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Micallef was pretty shocking...

The jokes were craptastic and yeah, I didn't rate the show at all...

And Eddie McGuire, that guys a tosser, and not one that litters Smile Smile Smile ...
Billy-Mason PI
Regular

July 2003
Re: Micallef Tonight.... axed? Thu, 07 August 2003 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shaun Micalled is pretty funny, but his show is crap. And hes also not funny in Bad Eggs for some reason. Confused

I'd rather was Enough Rope, because Denton has better guests. Very Happy

Rove is also crap. And same with Eddy. Although he was funny when he hosted the National Driving Test show.Razz
ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Micallef Tonight.... axed? Thu, 07 August 2003 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the micallef program on abc was awesome, micallef tonight was funny, but just didn't quite cut it
Jaxe
Regular

July 2003
Re: Micallef Tonight.... axed? Thu, 07 August 2003 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't watch TV. Not enough time. I'd rather be in the garage or doing something constructive.. not that I'm saying you guys are bludgers! Confused
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Micallef Tonight.... axed? Thu, 07 August 2003 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can never forget Milo Kerigan, freagn classic.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Micallef Tonight.... axed? Thu, 07 August 2003 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i cant believe noone has mention Jimoin yet. his show was GREAT!
speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Micallef Tonight.... axed? Thu, 07 August 2003 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its still on the comedy channel!
Matt16v
Regular

I supported Toymods

February 2003
Re: Micallef Tonight.... axed? Thu, 07 August 2003 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The only talk show i rate is ROVE... that guy cracks me up...

almost as much as merrick and rosso (96.9)...
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
i wish i worked in the city still, just so i could listen to them... lol..

but yeah, micallef is, as rolla boy put it... CRAPTASTIC! lol
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Micallef Tonight.... axed? Fri, 08 August 2003 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guys guys!! what about the famous "hello Ray!!" good old nevile and buela!
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Micallef Tonight.... axed? Fri, 08 August 2003 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matt16v wrote on Fri, 08 August 2003 07:40

The only talk show i rate is ROVE... that guy cracks me up...

almost as much as merrick and rosso (96.9)...
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
i wish i worked in the city still, just so i could listen to them... lol..

but yeah, micallef is, as rolla boy put it... CRAPTASTIC! lol

I think you've got your hosts back to front. Rove was funny when he was unknown and on Channel9. Now he's gone fully commercial his show blows. Micallef did heaps of things that where just so off the wall and brilliant. Rove has been using the same jokes since that show started.
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Micallef Tonight.... axed? Sat, 09 August 2003 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*sigh* I'm sorry if this upsets anyone but even though I think he is funny at times I think ROVE is the biggest copy cat I have ever seen!! Who does he copy?? Well non other than my favorite DAVE LETTERMAN.

David Letterman has had his Late shoe for close to 20 years now and it is unbelivable how much shit that ROVE copies off him it is not funny. The What tha?? segment is a blatent rip off from letterman, the kissing his hand at the end of the show and waving while saying, "Say hi to your mum for me!" lol how dodgy does that sound Very Happy, any how Letterman has been doing the kissing his hand and waving thing for years now.

All the little pauses that ROVE does and wierd faces he fulls is all Dave Letterman. And this is what pisses me off bout ROVE!
I have actually felt like sending CBS a tape of ROVE so they can compare the segments and the facial expressions, etc etc! and compare them both!

And of course who could forget Milo Kerigan!! Laughing Laughing
Talk about losing a few braincells while boxing.... hehe Micallif is a funny guy just it caters to strange senses of humor. I loved on his abc show one night he was pretending to do a mime act with a little "invisible" dog doing tricks, jumping through hoops and other various apparatus... and he made it like he stuffed on of them up.... grabs a revolver and blasts two caps into the invisible dog! Laughing Laughing
And Roger Explosion was so fucking corny that it left me in tears..... that was good comedy!

Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Micallef Tonight.... axed? Sat, 09 August 2003 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree... Letterman is awesome. You have to watch it for a while before you get into it (well, I did).
Gotta love:
* Will it float
* Is this anything
* Words of Wisdom with Dr. Phil
* George Bush joke that isn't really a joke (absolute riot!)

My sleeping patterns are so out of whack because I stay up laaaate to catch most episodes hehehe, it's worth it though.
Better than Leno too.
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Micallef Tonight.... axed? Sat, 09 August 2003 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL Soarer!

I've been watching letterman since I was in grade 9, which is almost 10 years ago now Embarassed I'm getting old noooooo my folks used to get the shits with me cause I would actually stay up late and have to go to school the next day but they where cool about it the next day!

I don't watch it as much these days, probably because I'm either working late or its not televised.... I only have free to air.
Yeah all those segments are the newer ones,
not too sure if they still go to Rupert's Hello Deli, and order a whole heap of shit inc. giant meatball for the top of the chrissy tree Laughing
The indians/paki's with the souvenier shop
and the pommie bloke with the bag shop.
The pizza shop with those big ass "pizza pies"!

I used to love the "What cut of meat?" segment
Biff when he went to Bosnia... was a pisser.... he had all the troops around him, and they had a shot of him in the middle of them all but only waist up... they then moved the camera angle down and there he was in fishnet stockings while they pumped CHER ala her film clip on the big Navy vessel! Very Happy
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Micallef Tonight.... axed? Sat, 09 August 2003 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hate Letterman's band leader. That guy has his head so far up Dave's arse he could give him a detailed colon examination. When will he die already?
Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Micallef Tonight.... axed? Sat, 09 August 2003 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heheh, they still go to the Hello Deli quite frequently.
Know you're current event/cuts of meat is on Thursday nights (Aust) I think... I haven't seen one in a while cos I work a lot now and usually fall asleep before the first guest comes on Sad
speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Micallef Tonight.... axed? Sat, 09 August 2003 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think the thing about letterman is that he has good comical delivery. i've noticed that a lot of his jokes arent really that funny at all when written down or repeated. I think he needs a new writer.

but i'm more partial to conan o'brien & triumph anyway Very Happy
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Micallef Tonight.... axed? Sat, 09 August 2003 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone see the Family Guy episode where Peter and Brian where Letterman and his band leader? That was classic, they paradied that show so well. Back on Micallef, I loved him cause his jokes where so totally random that you didn't know what was coming next. Like when they have the audience member and he goes, "If you get this question wrong, you could be going home in this" and they show an ambulance, that was classic Laughing
Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Micallef Tonight.... axed? Sun, 10 August 2003 23:47 Go to previous message
speakafreaka wrote on Sat, 09 August 2003 19:53

but i'm more partial to conan o'brien & triumph anyway Very Happy

Ahhh Triumph the insult comic dog... what a freakin legend!!

And yeah, the bit on Family Guy was a classic! "Peter's tie... Peter's tie... Peter's tie..." LOL
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Put the Star Wars Kid in Episode III
Next Topic:go do a search reply?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 19:11:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0049819946289062 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.