Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 2t/3tg rebuild, power output question

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
2t/3tg rebuild, power output question Thu, 07 August 2003 12:31 Go to next message
heya guys, i know there are a few guys out there running the same setup and was just wondering what sort of power figures you were getting????
the layout is
injection: 2tgeu standard efi plenum with 3sge (2litre) injectors running with a microtech digi 1 computer.

ignition: the car is running electronic ignition (no points)
with 8mm spark leads and NGK platinum plugs.

88260 head, skimed, valves re-seated, new springs, machined and leak tested (no leaks), mild cams (clearances set at 10 and 10)

the bottom end has been decked, honed, bored (20 thou oversize), t6 light alloy pistons, new rings, acl bearing, crank shaft has been machined and polished, lightened flywheel, everything has been fully balanced!

is there anyone with a similar setup that may be able to tell me what sort of power to expect???? im assuming around the 70kw's at the rear wheels, is this unreasonable with the computer well tuned????

Cool thanks
justin
  Send a private message to this user    
Snyper
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2t/3tg rebuild, power output question Fri, 08 August 2003 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go to your nearest dyno centre and do a power run, only cost like $50
i did a power run with mine, 3T bottom end, 2tg head, efi with 3tgte injectors and MT-4 Microtech and put out a dismal 66kw at the wheels, but we know that my car is no where near tuned to perfection yet, it was only tuned overnight so I could have the car to drive straight away as my other car was going off the road.
But when my tax money comes back in I'll be getting a full dyno tune and am hopefully aiming at 80kw's at the wheels...

anyone think that's bit to dreamy ?!

Brendon
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: 2t/3tg rebuild, power output question Sat, 09 August 2003 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Juzzo,

What crank did you end up useing ? 2T or 3T ??

Snyper,

What cams are you running ?

Tina's old 2/3TG hybrid had the following specs:

EFI Removed in favour of Twin 45mm Dellortoes on Lynx sports Manifold and K&N Air Cleaners
Original Crank and Pistons Replaced with 3T crank and 1mm oversize 3T Pistons, Fully Balanced with lightened Flywheel.
L1 cosworth race cam. (I do have the specs somewhere ? )
Uprated Valve Springs and a full port and polish.
9.8:1 Compression
Extractors and 2" Sports exhaust.

It turned 76kw at the treads (or 102Hp)

With the first cam (Camtech Stage 2 401A Profile, 241 Duration at 50 with 372 Thou Lift) it turned 62.3 rwkw.
Snyper
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2t/3tg rebuild, power output question Sat, 09 August 2003 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine sounds very similar to tina's, but I am running EFI... and I don't know the cam specs, other than they are very lumpy...
but also, like I said, mine hasn't been tuned properly yet, am getting it done on the dyno properly, my a/f ratio is crap and needs mega tuning
will let you know the results, should be in the next month

Brendon
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: 2t/3tg rebuild, power output question Sun, 10 August 2003 18:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rod i ended up using the 3t crank, i thought you may have come to that conclusion due to the name of the post, but anyway, yes i did use the 3t crank,i got it ground, polished and balanced! so do you thing with the setup that im running i should be looking around the 70kw's at the rear??

snyper, im hanging out to see what you end up with, cause it sounds like we are both running very similar setups.
justin
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: 2t/3tg rebuild, power output question Sun, 10 August 2003 18:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
also, what sort of exhaust setup were you guys running on there two engines when you go there results???
thanks
justin
Snyper
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2t/3tg rebuild, power output question Mon, 11 August 2003 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
will be finding out full potential soon, got my tax return in ! hehehe

Brendon
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: 2t/3tg rebuild, power output question Tue, 12 August 2003 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lemme know Very Happy
Kach22
Regular

February 2003
Re: 2t/3tg rebuild, power output question Wed, 20 August 2003 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
77.2 the Snyper pulled today at Tilbrooks. Starting with 74, then tuned to 77.2. Happy to be close, but not happy to be above 80kW. Quad throttle bodies in the pipeline for this keen celica head! Hey Snyper, by the time you get that t.body sorted I'll bounce my way to 110kW.When turbo fixed gonna give it a run to see how much the intercooler increased from 86kW. Good day though, video taped off.
Kach22
Snyper
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2t/3tg rebuild, power output question Wed, 20 August 2003 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and where do you go posting information about my dyno runs ?!

you have to get the fukn turbo on the car and out of the shed before you can make claims like that !

now, for the people that were actually waiting for this, yeah it made 78kw's, yeah I'm dissappointed with it, but also happy, and yeah, there may be some other idea's in the making but we'll just wait and see...... as some of you would know, especially Rod, a 77kw "2tg" is nothing to be sneezed at !

Brendon
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 2t/3tg rebuild, power output question Wed, 20 August 2003 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brendon,

Mate that result is nothing to be sneazed at !

Its not easy or cheap to make reliable Power from a 2T/3TG Hybrid that breaks in to the 80rwkw mark in N/A form and still retains the drivability of a daily driver. 78kw's is 2 more than Tina's made an it was no slouch on the streat either. Rolling Eyes

Don't forget its not really the size of the number that matters, Its the amount of meat under the curve that matters in the trafic light grand prix ! And its Ohh so much more fun when you demoralize something with way more power Twisted Evil

Would love to see how she goes down the 1/4 mile !

Kach22,

Thats Bad form posting someone else's results dude.
Snyper
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2t/3tg rebuild, power output question Thu, 21 August 2003 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rod - I did a power run ages ago back in febuary and got 66kw's at the wheels, and I also took it to the drags at the Four Six and Rota show here in Adelaide, it ran a best of 15.8 down the 1/4, was happy with that.... the computer got played with a bit last week, then it felt better, put it on the dyno yesterday, got a power run of 72kw, then did a bit of tuning, got heaps more bottom end, and a bit better top end, the result was a 78kw figure. happy with it, but know it's still got more potential. There has been no head work done to my knowledge, just a recon head with my cams in it...so some porting wouldn't hurt, and now we're looking into adapting the quad throttle off of a 20V 4age to my engine, mmm yummy.....
And as for the thing with Kach, I'm over it now, was just a bit pissed that some one else put my stats up before I got a chance to.

but ya still need to get ya turbo on and out of the shed. celica's look better on the street, not in the shed....

Brendon
Kach22
Regular

February 2003
Re: 2t/3tg rebuild, power output question Fri, 22 August 2003 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I ahev calledc Snyper and had a chat and things have been sorted out. Its a pitty that so many that post on these sites run their cars on ego's and not the interest in the cars and that OTHERS show. If I was one to consider my ego b4 my car I would have not even gone to the Dyno with Brendontook photos and video of his car. Just expressing my interest in my mates car and the kW it put out for a 2TG Hybrid. Like I said to Brendon, positive comments and nothing bad said, I feel it was posted with honesty and 'fun'and to not be disheartened by not getting 80kW. Knowing he was going to post that night and said he was going to reply, I had intended to express my amazement with the result and his achievement. As I said, it's a pitty the car scene is so riddled with these notions just to save someone's pride.......
President of Classic Celica Club
Adrian
Brendon, thankx for the borrow of the cup.....
Snyper
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2t/3tg rebuild, power output question Fri, 22 August 2003 09:27 Go to previous message
pity we couldn't have had a few schooners out of that cup, hehe
I'll be having some fun with the pulsar now. hehe, vroom ptsh

Brendon
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Ke70 Brake Upgrades
Next Topic:piggybacks for factory computers?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 18:05:15 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047831535339355 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.