Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » NT/TAS » perth toymodders meet/cruise?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
froodogs
Regular

October 2002
perth toymodders meet/cruise? Fri, 15 November 2002 07:35 Go to next message
any perth toymodders want to get together, go for a cruise, have a chat, maybe a beer or two?

post in the thread and we might organise something?
  Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Fri, 15 November 2002 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When ya planning this dude? I'm in the middle of exams atm, so its a BAD time Razz Plus I don't have a cruise-worthy car Very Happy

froodogs
Regular

October 2002
Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Fri, 15 November 2002 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body
froodogs
Regular

October 2002
Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Fri, 15 November 2002 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bugger.

that didn't work...

i didn't really have a timeframe in mind, but probably once uni exams are over...

as far as 'cruise-worthy'?

my sprinter has no passenger seat, and is most definitely 100% sleeper. it'd be more of a sleeper if it had a bit more 'grunt'.

anyone else interested, post in here, let me know when exams finish etc... i'll try to arrange something
wizzfizz2097
Regular

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Sat, 16 November 2002 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well im finished on wednesday... but most other people end about the end of the month i thinks
we could cruise down the freeway at 50km/h, blocking all lanes... or not
and whats the deal? no one turned up for rally action!

BTW: a little story, when we were leaving there was a huge line, i saw a back track so said fuck it and off we went. ever try 4wd'ing in a fwd camry? dont...
stockt12
Occasional Poster

October 2002
Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Sat, 16 November 2002 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'd be keen on one of these if we get enough peope and a decent setup...

take care

BoB_JonEz
Regular

August 2002

Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Mon, 18 November 2002 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
eh...yeah I'd probably rock up

but then, I'll probably be working or sleeping no matter what time or day you make it, heh
wizzfizz2097
Regular

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Thu, 21 November 2002 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
next wednesday i WILL be down at motorplex, ppl are welcome to join me

dont know if i will compete yet - need a helmet (would a bike one do? Laughing )

im not getting my hopes up... low 19 high 18
froodogs
Regular

October 2002
Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Wed, 27 November 2002 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, so far the response has been pretty lacklustre...

do you guys know people from outside the forums who might be interested? i'm sure you know plenty... ;-P

i mean, if we can get a decent amount of interest, it'd be worth it, but with only 3-4 people displaying any interest... i dunno.
BoB_JonEz
Regular

August 2002

Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Wed, 27 November 2002 17:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm, the only people I can think of are eph and lunz. Fil used to organise a few cruises, but I don't know if he does anymore due to being on call for work etc. I have the same problem myself though :\
stockt12
Occasional Poster

October 2002
Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Mon, 09 December 2002 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's gonna be hard to get a cruise happenin...

no organision/leader/time..
posts are just too rare from WA people thus far, we need to expand...get the word out
perth2tg
Newcomer

January 2003
icon10.gif  Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Tue, 28 January 2003 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evil or Very Mad rally action with no invite???? we need to organise something for feb 2003. even a day cruz would be good.so any interest in cruisin with a 74 ta-22 celica with 1600 2tg twincam with twin carbs let me know!!!!!!!!!!! i will put a pic on soon of my beast.
Pheonix
Regular

May 2002

Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Sat, 08 February 2003 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im up for a cruise but my cars is gonna be off the road 4 a while as im finally putting my 2t-geu in the car
bergerac
Regular

February 2003
Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Tue, 11 February 2003 17:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hopefully my car will be back from the respray this week. I wouldnt mind meeting a few ppl n goin for a cruise
bergerac
Regular

February 2003
Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Fri, 21 February 2003 17:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Come on you lazy bastards..lets get something organised..or Im going to be force to join Rollaboyz ARGH!
wizzfizz2097
Regular

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Sun, 23 February 2003 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll see if i can convince the other half to go down to motorplex on wednesday
i wouldnt know where to meet thou
katsuchiyo
Regular

December 2002

Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Mon, 24 February 2003 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL.. Rollaboyz. Smile

well.. i would certainly join.. but sadly i need to get a cheap supra for my project car, and then i can take parts off my dead one and make it a nice car.. then i will be ready.. so untill i can get a new supra then im out..

as soon as i find a 83-86 supra for the project car i'm set.

peace
Katsuchiyo
gabe
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Mon, 24 February 2003 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have one for sale
$5000
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Mon, 24 February 2003 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And thats the supra i'm trying to buy off you at the moment gabe Razz

but when i do buy the supra, count me in for sure
katsuchiyo
Regular

December 2002

Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Tue, 25 February 2003 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oncei get mine it should be all good.. we have a few WA posters.. but i could drag my mates in who've seen me street racing and are now obsessed... Smile

Ill see how i go.. and dont worry.. i wouldnt jump in front of ya for the car, i belive in finders keepers, you came first Very Happy

Peace
katsuchiyo
Nomad
Newcomer

March 2003

Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Thu, 13 March 2003 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm.. well.. Id like to meet/cruise sometime (:
Pheonix
Regular

May 2002

Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Thu, 13 March 2003 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey im all 4 1 but my car is STILL out of order, hopefully will get it soon but i doubt it Mad
Pheonix
Regular

May 2002

Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Thu, 13 March 2003 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey im all 4 1 but my car is STILL out of order, hopefully will get it soon but i doubt it Mad
BrrRolla
Occasional Poster

March 2003
Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Mon, 31 March 2003 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well the Rolla looks alright and makes the right noise but it ain't got the up and go but I'll join in anyway! Well the Rolla's on the dyno today so hopefully it will be alittle more goey anywayz. Just give us the date and time!
BrrRolla
Occasional Poster

March 2003
Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Mon, 31 March 2003 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well the Rolla looks alright and makes the right noise but it ain't got the up and go but I'll join in anyway! Well the Rolla's on the dyno today so hopefully it will be alittle more goey anywayz. Just give us the date and time!
BrrRolla
Occasional Poster

March 2003
Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Mon, 31 March 2003 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I will be in with the little rolla. Just name a place and time and I will be there.
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Wed, 02 April 2003 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be in with my MA61 supra Smile
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Wed, 02 April 2003 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be in with my MA61 supra Smile
wizzfizz2097
Regular

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Wed, 02 April 2003 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha every one could come over to my uni's carpark, it has an unoffical rally course Very Happy
some of the parking is made from gravel in a big figure 8, but i dont know how youd get around security showing up
wizzfizz2097
Regular

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Wed, 02 April 2003 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha every one could come over to my uni's carpark, it has an unoffical rally course Very Happy
some of the parking is made from gravel in a big figure 8, but i dont know how youd get around security showing up
GTStar
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Sun, 20 April 2003 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey ppl! Just bought my project car a 1983 Sprinter wouldn't mind meeting up for a cruise.

Does anyone here have experience with these cars..cause im not sure whether to convert it to a 86 4age or a 4agze...hmmm...decisions decisions.

btw which uni carpark are u referring to??
wizzfizz2097
Regular

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Mon, 21 April 2003 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ECU Mount Lawley, were freaks and geeks come together!
OmEg_A
Occasional Poster

April 2003
Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Mon, 21 April 2003 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey people
Just got me a $350 Toyota Celica TA22 Very Happy
Any one know of any celica clubs in perth?
Or anyone know where i can get my hands on some parts?
OR does anyone have any parts for sale? Like a 3TGTE?
And there needs to be a good toyota car club in perth.
Cos im a big fan of the toyota.

OmEg_A
Occasional Poster

April 2003
Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Mon, 21 April 2003 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey people
Just got me a $350 Toyota Celica TA22
OR does anyone have any parts for sale? Like a 3TGTE?

OmEg_A
Occasional Poster

April 2003
Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Mon, 21 April 2003 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey people
Just got me a $350 Toyota Celica TA22 Very Happy
OR does anyone have any parts for sale
Like a 3TGTE?

OmEg_A
Occasional Poster

April 2003
Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Mon, 21 April 2003 16:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey

sorry bout posting 3 replys folks,
Kinda new to forums lol Embarassed
Blown86
Regular

July 2002
Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Mon, 21 April 2003 16:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GTStar wrote on Sun, 20 April 2003 22:31

hey ppl! Just bought my project car a 1983 Sprinter wouldn't mind meeting up for a cruise.

Does anyone here have experience with these cars..cause im not sure whether to convert it to a 86 4age or a 4agze...hmmm...decisions decisions.

btw which uni carpark are u referring to??

There's a few of us lurking, there's a club in Perth for Ae86's.
Check out:
http://www.geocities.com/PERTH_AE86/

Next meeting is next Sunday, hope you can make it.
jdro
Occasional Poster

March 2003
Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Wed, 23 April 2003 18:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi folks,
my Bundy is still out of action (8months+), but I just got a lysholm supercharger for it, to go on after EFI is running, maybe that uni carpark in 6months Wink

to the Perth AE86 guys, I'll see you soon, I'll be on the bike Wink

I'm still impatiently waiting for a Sprinter, mainly because I dont want to get drenched on the bike this winter!

Until then, back to lurking...
jdro
Occasional Poster

March 2003
Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Wed, 23 April 2003 18:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi folks,
my Bundy is still out of action (8months+), but I just got a lysholm supercharger for it, to go on after EFI is running, maybe that uni carpark in 6months Wink

I'm still impatiently waiting for a Sprinter, mainly because I dont want to get drenched on the bike this winter!

jdro
Occasional Poster

March 2003
Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Wed, 23 April 2003 18:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi folks,

wizzfizz2097
Regular

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Sat, 26 April 2003 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there seems to be some kind of error in this thread
GTStar
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Fri, 30 May 2003 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Finally got my sprinter running and registered! Im up for a meet anytime would be better if it's at night and slightly wet! Smile

I think i missed that meet blown86 keep me updated on ure next meet. Does anyone know a wide open space where u can practice away from traffic and people ?

Any ideas ??

BTW when was the last meet here in perth ?

Blown86
Regular

July 2002
Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Sat, 31 May 2003 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
G'day again GTstar.

Last year some of the Perth guys hit Barbagallo for a day and I think we'll organise more this year.
I suggest you check out joining the WA Sporting Car Club and you can use the track on tuning days and obtain a CAMS licence for speed events.
http://www.wascc.com.au/

The cost of membership of the WASCC is less than a dangerous driving fine, if you see what I mean. Rolling Eyes

The meetings are to discuss stuff and plan things like track days, we don't tend to get into mass fangs on the road 'cause the last thing we want is the coppers jumping us.
A couple of the guys have just got their licences back, one after 12 months suspension!!!

Blown86
Regular

July 2002
Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Sat, 31 May 2003 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

[Updated on: Sat, 31 May 2003 03:52]

GTStar
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Sat, 31 May 2003 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey 86

yea ill definately check it out....got abit rainy yesterday it was really fun on the road! if you know what i mean ?

well ive only got a 4AC how would it go round the track ??

coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Tue, 03 June 2003 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How much is a cams licence?
Once you have one can you go there whenever or just whne there are events on?

Speaking of barbagelo have any of you's been tot he Drgas there?
Waht do you reckon?
Blown86
Regular

July 2002
Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Tue, 03 June 2003 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GT it doesn't matter what you've got it's always fun on the track.
Gives you a good idea what you want to do mods wise as well.

corona I can't find my receipt but I think it's around $80 - $100 for a level 2 CAMS licence.

WASCC members can use the track whenever it's available, it is booked quite often by the cops etc. There's a tuning day at least once a month for club members.
Club members can also do advanced driving courses and receive help from CAMS instructors.

Haven't been to the drags, I've heard it's pretty good 'though from others.
GTStar
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Wed, 04 June 2003 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so blown86 when can i check out ure car ??? ive got a mate who wants a ride aswell! Smile)

Blown86
Regular

July 2002
Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Thu, 05 June 2003 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Give me a bell 0439 807 024.
Gryphon Power!
Regular

June 2003
Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Fri, 27 June 2003 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Collie track is about $400ish for a day, (weekday that isnt booked) Its good track for racing.. even drift Wink I dont bother racing.. doesnt catch my interest.. the soarer should be ready within 6 months time Razz just got it last week, 1G-GTE going in it at the moment! Then BIG turbo, intercooler, and BOOST+ ^ Smile Should make for some good sideways action Razz Better than my R31 anyway, *hopes*
Mazda626
Regular

June 2003

Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Sat, 28 June 2003 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well im from mandurah just down the road from perth;) im currently trying to set up a All Mazda perth street cruise/met soon.. So maybe we could organize something togetger ?
Pheonix
Regular

May 2002

Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Mon, 14 July 2003 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey is any1 goin to the XSpeed dynowars in weeks time or so, we could possibly have a toymods section, well im thinking of goin with my T-18 but not gonna dyno it, engine has a bit of a rattleing noise now so i dont wanna risk it and after all that work and money to get the thing in. also do the 2T-GEU have a reputation of sounding like a motorbike, cause mine does a bit and was told it was caused by the way the ports have been done in the engine, any thoughts.
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Tue, 15 July 2003 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where is it.

Im no horse power hero but id do well in the N/a single cam
if they have that class.
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Tue, 15 July 2003 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.xspeed.com.au/news/20030604/dynoday.htm

My car won't be ready by then, as I'll have just gotten my new one and my current one is in the process of screwing the diff. Should be fun tho
20vae82
Newcomer

April 2003
Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Tue, 15 July 2003 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would be interested in anything that comes up just leave a message and ill be there Cool
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Fri, 18 July 2003 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im thinking about it?
anyone going?
wizzfizz2097
Regular

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Sat, 19 July 2003 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im also 'thinking about it'
but id have to see what the missus will say first

can some one bring a camera if we do decide to go?
Gryphon Power!
Regular

June 2003
Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Mon, 28 July 2003 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a digicam Smile whos up for some perth drift movie making?
4agescort
Occasional Poster

September 2002
Re: perth toymodders meet/cruise? Sat, 09 August 2003 10:14 Go to previous message
Well, I've only now just found out about this. Did anybody go and if so how was it...?

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:CCG Dyno Day
Next Topic:Canberra Dragway on line petion
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 08:15:04 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0084481239318848 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.