Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » thread size and bolt diameter for ra23 ignition key switch.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
thread size and bolt diameter for ra23 ignition key switch. Sat, 09 August 2003 08:05 Go to next message
hi

this is kinda a wierd question but on my ignition key switch (on the steering column) it is held in by 2 bolts that are unable to come out (rounded ends). am missing one and im wondering if anyone knows the width lengh and thread size for a replacement bolt with a normal head. type head

thanks

Daniel
  Send a private message to this user    
earlyrolla
Regular

May 2003
Re: thread size and bolt diameter for ra23 ignition key switch. Sat, 09 August 2003 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They have a rounded head so the steering lock cant be removed once fitted. The bolt is designed to shear off when fitted hence giving the rounded look.

You can get them out with a small cold chisel and a hammer. Use the cold chisel to make a 'slot' in the top of the bolt. As you hit the cold chisel keep a firm twist (ac) on it at the same time. Eventually the bolt will come out.

They are M8x1.25 by 18mm long on the RA40 (pretty sure they will be the same on the RA23). You will probably have to use capscrews (allen key head) as there is little room to fit in a socket.
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: thread size and bolt diameter for ra23 ignition key switch. Sat, 09 August 2003 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
awesome! thanks heaps i really didnt expect anyone to know that.

thanks

Daniel.
NO-18r
Regular

May 2003
Re: thread size and bolt diameter for ra23 ignition key switch. Sun, 10 August 2003 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just took mine apart a couple days ago, and it was all un screwable with a philips haed screw driver... so i dont know...
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: thread size and bolt diameter for ra23 ignition key switch. Sun, 10 August 2003 00:17 Go to previous message
Replaced them in my 23 with genuine all i did was get a little die grinder put a slot in it so i resembled a common screwdriver and undid it from memory the bolts arn't that expensive as they are a common part on celicas and corollas just go and buy yourself a thread cleaner (bottoming tap) to clean the thread out so you can get the new one a tight as possible before shearing the head off.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Anyone got a wiring diagram for a 5MGE??
Next Topic:Chasing Altezza engine & chassis manual part #'s
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 00:06:01 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0037751197814941 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.