Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Any good sites for Tacho's oil pressure gauges ect Sun, 10 August 2003 08:04 Go to next message

Which is better?[ 9 vote(s) ]
1.Mechanical Gauges 3 / 33%
2.Electrical Gauges 6 / 67%

sites where i can look up gauges such as Tacho's oil pressure and temp which actually have pictures, prices and sizes.

anyone know of any?

Also is Mechanical still better for temp, oil pressure ect or is Electrical now on the top of being more accurate?

[Updated on: Sun, 10 August 2003 08:24]

Send a private message to this user    
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Any good sites for Tacho's oil pressure gauges ect Sun, 10 August 2003 18:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heya man, i saw that you wanted to buy a tacho, i have a 5" monster tacho with shiftl ight in great condition that you can have for $220 if your interested????
justin
mozrav
Regular

June 2003
Re: Any good sites for Tacho's oil pressure gauges ect Sun, 10 August 2003 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Check out the Speco Meter range of gauges (http://www.speco.com.au/gauges.html). I currently have the voltmeter in my RAV4 (model no. 523-22) but soon i'll have an oil pressure gauge too.

http://www.speco.com.au/images/GAM523-22.jpg

Here's a pic of the voltmeter installed in my RAV: http://www.geocities.com/mozarav4/RAV4World/Voltme ter01.txt. I also want to get an Autometer (http://www.autometer.com/hp/) air/fuel ratio gauge soon.

http://www.autometer.com/hp/2003_catalog/street_performance/street_performance_art/2675_s.jpg

[Updated on: Sun, 10 August 2003 23:03]

GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: Any good sites for Tacho's oil pressure gauges ect Tue, 12 August 2003 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Juzzo i want a tacho so i know whats revs my engine is doing, not so everyone else on the road can see and i'm not looking for fully sic street cred either monster tacho's shit me to tears unless there is a roll cage in the car and a number on the side then i may let it slide.

i can't stand all the wankers out there in there mirages, excels and so forth with there monster tach's and the complete fuck wits in there Automatic cars with a shift light and monster tach fucking hell, don't get me started on monster tacho's

mozrav, thanks for the site i'll check it out
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Any good sites for Tacho's oil pressure gauges ect Tue, 12 August 2003 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ehehehehe
you saved me going off on a rant, all I have to do is say "ditto".

I find I dont even really miss having a tacho, except for when I think "I wonder how many rpm I'm doing"

can tell by engine noise when it's time to chance, and also speed

still, I wouldn't mind a working tacho Smile
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: Any good sites for Tacho's oil pressure gauges ect Tue, 12 August 2003 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mozrav, they look alright, don't stand out much and look alright quality.

how do they come do they come with mounts or do you need to buy a mounting pod to install them? and do they look ok from behind? or do you advise i should get a pod for them?

and Draven i just can't stand people that go for show value, the money i would spend on a brand new monster tacho i could buy myself a rally spec cam shaft now i know which one i would get more fun out of.

i got the worst insult the other day, driving out of Tafe heard a guy say "Ricer" at me, ok i have mags and low profile tyres, and a loud exhaust but unlike most people i have a FULL exhaust system, extractors and everything so i'm going for flow not sound, bigger rims as i'm going lower in springs so by getting bigger rims i can maintain the same ground clearance and low profile tyres for the handling.

apart from the rims and exhaust tip hanging out the back thats the last i'm doing to my car the rest goes into suspension and engine/gearbox.

i just can't wait to race the riced up charades, saw one in fast fours, "hot fours" same thing.

and it was done up to look fully sick, fully sick custom interior racing seats ect. 18 inch mags, WRX bonnet scoop.

ok now what did he do to the engine? re-ground cam, and a unichip and exhaust, he needs those mods so it can keep up with stock standard charades after the amount of paint he put on the car and those sub boxes add a bit of weight.

can't wait to pull up beside him with my wanna be ricer wheels on and dump tip but close ratio gear box, higher ratio diff, brand new rally spec cam shaft with huge amount of extra lift and valve duration, shaved head "increased compression" and complet new aftermarket ECU and then see his face in my rear view mirror,

standard flywheel 64kw.
after mods at wheels 80Kw minimum.

now put that in a car that handles like a dream and only weighs 800kg and you have a pocket rocket.

i don't mind people doing up cars but if you do anything to the outside i feel you need to spend the same amount of money on the thing under the bonnet as well can't stand cars with bonnet scoops and so forth which do nothing or exhaust from cat back.

like WRX's we get in at work with mandrel bent 4inch stainless steel exhaust system from turbo back,

then you think about when the Subaru Australia Rally Team came to our work and they have 2 1/2 inch exhaust.

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Any good sites for Tacho's oil pressure gauges ect Tue, 12 August 2003 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where do you work, as a matter of interest?

wouldn't be turbo excess would it?
speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Any good sites for Tacho's oil pressure gauges ect Tue, 12 August 2003 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*cough* *cough*
mozrav
Regular

June 2003
Re: Any good sites for Tacho's oil pressure gauges ect Wed, 13 August 2003 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GIN51E, you are right...the Speco gauges don't stand out too much...but that's why i got Speco. I was after something subtle yet still functional.

As for fitting them...the gauges come with a U-shaped bracket that holds the gauge from the behind. In my case a hole was cut, the gauge was slid thru and the U bracket holds it in place from behind...very stable. You could always go with cups to house gauges in or go for a gauge cluster pod (here's one that Autotecnica makes):

http://www.autotecnica.com.au/content/ac_images2/acc_TRIPLE_GAUGE_HOLDER2.jpg
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Any good sites for Tacho's oil pressure gauges ect Wed, 13 August 2003 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the apexi range of guages are really good but fucking expensive

i have HKS ones (boost and exhaust temp) but there like 10 years old, they still work tho so i guess they must be decent too
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: Any good sites for Tacho's oil pressure gauges ect Wed, 13 August 2003 08:09 Go to previous message
Draven i work at Central Coast Motor Group in the western workshop which does Mercedes, Subaru and Nissan. we had the rally team up using our workshop for the Premier State Rally that was on not too long ago.

Thinking of mounting a small tacho ontop of the steering colum as its in site, can't go for the A pillar "even though it would fit perfect there" as a roll cage will be going in at a later date and it will be in the way. so the other two guages will just go in the centre of the dash and didn't know weather they would look too dodgy without a pod, like do the wires for the guage come straight out the back or come out from underneith?

so it will be a tacho, oil pressure and engine temp.
had a volt guage and oil pressure gauge in my old car, oil pressure came in handy but volt did nothing for me, snapped my fan belt once while thrashing around but didn't even notice as i never looked at my volt gauge.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Spinter Insurance....
Next Topic:Exhaust on '99 Celica SXR
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 02:24:04 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0072910785675049 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.