Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » go do a search reply? (5) 2 Vote(s)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
JDM hachi
Regular

February 2003
Re: go do a search reply? Fri, 20 June 2003 20:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
  Send a private message to this user    
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: go do a search reply? Sat, 21 June 2003 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"howdy kid, how 'bout somma this... OILY stuff?"

but i like kraft peanut butter butter - it's never oily, and never dry!

i agree with Sam - at least if you tell them to search, the unbeknownst questioner will at least find out that the question has been covered somewhere! Otherwise you get "bump", "does anyone know", "comon SOMEONE has to know", "why doesnt anyone know what brakes i can put into my RA23 celica?"
Laughing

...couldn't help the last one!

jase
Regular

May 2002
Re: go do a search reply? Wed, 16 July 2003 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe "go do a search" is a symptom.

Maybe the problem is that people are getting cheesed off with the fact that the forum is increasing in size, yet the average knowledge/experience in actually performing conversions/having mechanical knowledge/understanding physics is sharply declining, making thew worthwhile posts thin.

Maybe it's time for an "expert/experienced/no newbie questions/lots of simpsons stuff/gt ed norbie trev etc can be tactless dont click here" forum.

Maybe I need a signature. Maybe I need an avatar. I feel naked.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: go do a search reply? Wed, 16 July 2003 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jase wrote on Wed, 16 July 2003 15:36

Maybe it's time for an "expert/experienced/no newbie questions/lots of simpsons stuff/gt ed norbie trev etc can be tactless dont click here" forum.

Or maybe its time people just got over it and did the same thing every other forum tries to push and use a little common sense before asking a question that gets brought up all the time...
jase
Regular

May 2002
Re: go do a search reply? Wed, 16 July 2003 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fair comment.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: go do a search reply? Wed, 16 July 2003 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehe, I thought so.

I'm not having a dig at you or anyone in particular, I just think its common courtesy in all the other forums I frequent so why should it be any different here?
FNK11Y
Regular

May 2002
Re: go do a search reply? Wed, 16 July 2003 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont know that much when it comes to the
really techincal engine talk
and if i was to post a question, id love for someone to
reply in this way "do a search its been covered before"

beats waiting around like an idiot for something that has been discussed in depth and is only 2 minutes away from you,
you can go and get what you want and read it AND learn what you want to learn right away.

if you really wanted to know how to do something i think u wouldnt be too lazy to spend a little bit of your time looking into it.

so i say keep the "do a search its been covered" replys going

and then after u read up a little and still need to know more im sure people will be willing to help

[Updated on: Wed, 16 July 2003 13:30]

fergo308
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: go do a search reply? Sat, 09 August 2003 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree with the "do a search" reply. there are far too many people around these days who expect everyone else to do their work for them.
as far as I'm concerned,certain things don't need to be explained here. if you can't work out seriously basic stuff yourself,you have no place working on a car as far as I'm concerned.
if you've never worked on one before,go buy a book on the basics,and read it WELL.
you don't enter a GTP race before getting a driver's license do you?
be a sponge,and soak up all the info you can. read,listen,and learn. don't expect everyone else to build the car for you,and teach you how to do it all,in five easy steps. it doesn't work that way.

the same goes for asking stuff on the forums. go read up on something before you start posting about it. the net is absolutely FULL of info on pretty much anything toyota people could want to know. as Ed demonstrated,the info is there,and it take stuff all effort to find it most of the time.

remember that people aren't out there to serve you,they give out info as a courtesy.
be a bit more mindful of that. just because you ask,doesn't mean that it's their DUTY to reply to you with the info.

Justin...

Helmann
Regular

July 2002
Re: go do a search reply? Sat, 09 August 2003 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its horrible and yucky.
That's why i like craft peanut butter.
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: go do a search reply? Sun, 10 August 2003 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jase wrote on Wed, 16 July 2003 17:36

Laughing i just got around to reading this, funny prick ....
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: go do a search reply? Sun, 10 August 2003 14:12 Go to previous message
this topic has been brought up numerous times before, i dont understand why you are all discussing it here, do a search
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Micallef Tonight.... axed?
Next Topic:Snowboard trip for sale
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 10:50:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.052000045776367 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.