Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » The operation is a complete success...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
icon10.gif  The operation is a complete success... Sun, 10 August 2003 23:07 Go to next message
Okay... first of all I would like to thank everyone on these forums who helped me with all the technical goodies and know how (No this isn't an MTV award) and their patience.

Also these forums... Smile

For those who don't know myself and my father have been converting my RA28, which was bought off these forums, from an 18rg to a 1ggte. The mission has been long and hard (we bought the engine and box seperate... no half cuts Sad ) but we have finally got everything hooked up and running.

All I can say is holly s@!t... It was worth the wait.

Still getting use to the fact I actually have a car again...

Thanks everyone... you guys rock Wink
  Send a private message to this user    
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: The operation is a complete success... Mon, 11 August 2003 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

great to hear stories of people actually finishing their conversions! good onya mate! Smile
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: The operation is a complete success... Mon, 11 August 2003 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
piccies? Very Happy

plus, if you don't mind me asking, what was the total expense, being as I want to do a similar conversion myself, but with a fonrt cut. How come the no front cut as well? Lack of a source? or you just got the block cheap or something else? Just curious Smile
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: The operation is a complete success... Mon, 11 August 2003 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MUAHAHAH welcome to the 1g club mate - keep it on the road is my piece of advice Smiley =

KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: The operation is a complete success... Mon, 11 August 2003 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Les... It's been off the road for 3 months or so now... so I hope it is on the road for a lot longer Very Happy

Gtman...
piccies will be available soon... didn't keep too much track of expenses... but the the engine and box was 1850$ (I know you can get front cuts for not much more than that... but there wasn't any available at the time.) Spent aroung 500$ tracking down a computer and harness (Thanks to ddeane and ozCraig), that was a bargain because the harness was 100$ and I scored a mines chipped ecu on eBay for roughly 400$. A further 3500$ on custom intercooler and exhaust system... I probably got out of the whole thing for about 6500$ as all labour was done by my father and me.

bassaholic55... just wanted to let everyone know how valuable a resource to toymods comunity is Smile (Keep it up guys)
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: The operation is a complete success... Wed, 13 August 2003 03:02 Go to previous message
WOW!!!

Having seen the ol' girl last night in all her glory, i can say it is an awesome car now. Very neat and tidy work done, and the intercooler looks sweet. The motor sounds like a jet angine with all its turbo whistle, one of the best sounding 1G's i've heard. And, manual makes such a difference! Compared to my auto soarer, the celicas weight and small mods on the motor make her go damn quick!

Cant wait to see piccies of the build-up process.
Congrats to you and your dad for doing such an awesome job!

WELL DONE!

Evil or Very Mad The Beast Lives Again! Evil or Very Mad

thanks
Ben

[Updated on: Wed, 13 August 2003 03:03]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4agze LSD Box's
Next Topic:Custom Plates and Licensing in NSW
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 09:00:33 UTC 2024