Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Skinnypoo
Occasional Poster

June 2003
icon10.gif  worst spin!! Sun, 10 August 2003 23:09 Go to next message
Hey
Whats everybody's worst spin out.......
here's mine it happened to me last night and it was my first...
We were coming back from Launceston (Tasmania if anybody knows where that is)and stopped just befor a big roundabout in Latrobe to pick up my mates Nissan exa...I had my other mate in the car who owns a honda civic 96.... I wanted to show them what the celica could do so I said lets do some drifts around the roundabout so we take off flat out and i hit the roundabout first nissan exa falling behind started steering into the corner and touched the breaks (going about 60) back starts to slide out...at this point im thinkin wow this is going to look great back starts to come round more....i going hard on opposite lock and nothing is happening ended up facing the nissan exa.....we were pissing our selfs laughing and there were by now a few cars backed up... i had to full on do a 3 point turn to get facing the right way.... Laughing
  Send a private message to this user    
hotrolla
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: worst spin!! Mon, 11 August 2003 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds good did you get any pic's?
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: worst spin!! Mon, 11 August 2003 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that is funny AS dude. I used to live like just 500m from that round about on the way to Moriarty, and we used to have SO much fun on the roundabout. My cousin down there rallys a Peugeot 504 and a 205, and we would get the back out big time and floor it on the underster right out again. It is VERY fun roundabout at speed Smile

I am coming down late September btw, so i will have to have a go with my celica. Smile You gotta watch out for the trucks though, the often don't slow down there esp at night....

Yeah, I lost it on the road to Terrigal up here in the windy stuff after Gosford. I had just put the stock suspension back on my car after having it so low I could probably drive under a truck, and was TOTALLY not used to the terrible feel, and just lost it chasing some Pulsar. Was very lucky not to damage the car badly actually. My mistake was putting the brakes on on a FWD rather than just keeping control with a little more gas. Lessons learned I suppose. Sounds like your problem too Skinnypoo? Smile

[Updated on: Mon, 11 August 2003 01:26]

Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: worst spin!! Mon, 11 August 2003 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My first spin happened to me on Sat afternoon...

I was dropping the g/f off and went thru a roundabout at only 45km/h... The rear end just went straight out and I had no time to correct it...

So it spun around on me and I stopped just before the car mounted the roundabout...

I looked at my g/f and she was fine but I was sitting there in shock as it's the first time and it happened at such a low speed...

There was no one else on the road so I reversed back and then just drove off...

And yes, I took it hard thru the next one Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ...
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: worst spin!! Mon, 11 August 2003 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
back in the day when my wife got her first car {corona actually} she went around a 90 degree right hand corner after a slight drizzle, the ass kicked out and her dad yelled not to hit the brakes, so what does she do, slams on the brakes, spins 180 and hits a RAV4, no damage tho
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: worst spin!! Mon, 11 August 2003 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I know about not hitting the brakes... I think the road might've been a little damp and had a sloping camber aswell where I had my spin...

So I just let it slide and stop... Then I applied the brakes to stop the car from rolling into the gutter...
TurboToyota
Occasional Poster

July 2003
Re: worst spin!! Mon, 11 August 2003 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Back in the early P-plate days i was coming into a busy intersection, i decided to get the car sideways. Unfotunately I was a little hot and spun teh car in the middle of the intersection facing the opposite traffic. The engine stalled and i was trying to get it started while holding up the traffic. That was pretty embarrasing.

Another time i was drifting with some mates and i lost it on an off camber corner id never driven on before.Mate infront of me lost it, I lost it and Mate behind me in a big old v8 ford with shitty brakes just managed to stop about 1 meter infront of me! Another close one.

Be careful driving dangerously on the road. Police will see you and take your licence off you. Even the cops who are off duty. So its pretty risky stuff. Happened to a few mates of mine, thats why I kinda stopped Razz
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: worst spin!! Mon, 11 August 2003 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my worst spin was at mallala on my 1st modern regularity trial. i was basically going to win the whole thing on my 1st time out ever, but i spun on the last lap of the last race and lost all heaps of points, instead of coming 1st i came last and bumped every single person on the grid up a position Mad
lorolla_80
Regular

July 2003
Re: worst spin!! Tue, 12 August 2003 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heh my first spin was by myself in my vs commodore wagon in a building estate, it had been raining heavily for about half an hour before, there is this one right hand sharp corner going uphill and i was going around it at about 25-30 ks gave it a little gas and whoosh the arse flicked around, did a 90 degree spin on the spot, i didnt bother to correct it because i wasnt going to hit anything anyway fun as hell.
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: worst spin!! Tue, 12 August 2003 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah my worst well worst spin that i didnt mean to accomplish was when i was going around a round about also and i was going maybe 40ks, also at this stage i had my rolla sx and it was freshly bodykitted and sprayed.... it then slide out from the rear and in shock i just braked hard and it smashed the gutter quite hard considering the speed.... just hit the rim and damaged that slightly 10 degrees more on the other angle and bye bye bodykit!!!!
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: worst spin!! Mon, 25 August 2003 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Years ago in an RA23 Celica with an 18RG. Came into a left hander way too hot, felt the bck end come around to the right, and in the midst of it all managed to pop the left front tyre off the outside bead, and totally stuff the rim beyond repair. Fortunately found another for $50 so got out of it lightly! Wound up doing a complete 180, and left a cool line of alloy in the tarmac!
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: worst spin!! Mon, 25 August 2003 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had another spin on the weekend... Smile Smile Smile ...

Came round a right hander too hot - orange light and cars I was following got thru it... So I kept the power on and hit the brakes into the corner...

I felt the ass going out and thought "Yeah, this is sick"... Tried to correct it off the brakes but then the ass went around more and so I hit the brakes and the front of the car mounted the median strip...

I looked at the drivers on the other side of the road out of my windscreen Razz Razz Razz and they looked quite shocked... I had a big grin and turned around and drove off...

Hehehe... Was cool... Only scratches on the subframe and do damage at all...
DrExTc
Regular

August 2003
      nah
Re: worst spin!! Mon, 25 August 2003 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it all started as a normal night, had coffee with freinds at towers, then went home to watch a video, we watched the wash, after that we watched a few music clips, then marcin my mate took liz my other freind home, i was just finishing up doing some work on the computer when suddenly i get a call

t was my mate brendan, apparently he was stuck in kings Cross, and having no way to get home, as it was close to 2am he called up everyone to secure a lift, but he couldn't so i was his last resort (wow i felt so privileged),

anyways crept out with the ute, and set off on my merry journey

turning the corner of my street it started raining, realizing it would mean less traction, sweet, my side window likes to look at the road ahead from time to time

i was the only car on the road, so down Jenkins road i roared doing say 120 before i saw a cars headlights quickly approaching from behind, fearing it was a police car i slowed down quickly,(yeah like id outdo them in a hilux) as they pulled up behind me at the lights i started to worry,

then the car overtook me on the right and i saw it wasn't a cop, so i felt relieved, in fact it was a Mercedes, and some cocky person driving it thought it could beat me, HAH i exclaimed, we shall see, as we stopped at the pennant hills intersection i didn't even look at him, i merely looked up and got ready

i turned the corner and let it rip, with extra gas, i started going sideways, which is always fun, and probably scared the merc , that'll show him i thought, he tried to keep up as we entered the straight, i hit 60, 70, 80,. 100, 130, ....then around a small bend the wheels started to lose traction, and started to go,,,,sideways

looking at oncoming traffic, through my passenger side window, i was just thinking, ok, so the only thing i can do know is brake (well knowing that to do so i would only start spinning)

at the completion of 3 complete turns while pennant hills road spun around, the ute started to slow down and slide towards a gutter, hoping it would stop before the gutter, i really had no control over it, and sure enough the car hit the gutter

it hit it with a pretty loud whack, so i wasnt sure if the tyres axle was on or not, i let the clutch out and too my delight i started to move, i did a u turn back onto the direction i was going and turned into a side street , as i did this i saw the merc, which had preety much come to a complete stop, i was lucky he had brains/fear to slow down when i started to lose it otherwise id have probably taken him out.

giving the ute a inspection i was please to see nothing wrong. my they say it on the commercials, and by gosh Hiluxs r really unbreakable

got back in, driving off, found the brakes were a bit squeeky, hmm not sure why, but i guessed they were from the death grip i had on them while i was 360in,

off on my way into the city, driving much more carefully to say the least, picked up brendo and chris and went home, its amusing actually as they were telling me stories of their escapades with a few lucky ladies, i was sitting there nodding, laughing at the right times, but at the back of my mind it was like, man, i dont give a fuk,, i nearly got killled today n shiiiit

as i sit here writing this story, my innards are still retching

i looked at the back off the ute as my dad left for work this morning,

i said to myself, ummm the wheels are wobbling, he came back asking me if i drove the ute yesterday,,, umm no i replied so he accused my brother as he took it out the nite before, he was at school so that went well,

he went to chek it out and apparently the diff is bent so a replacement is $500, so yeah a not so good outsome for that lil misadventure
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: worst spin!! Mon, 25 August 2003 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive only had one decent spin out,

of course it was raining at the time and the roads were really greasy, i was turning right on a roundabout, gave the ole RA23 a boot, she started to get a lil tail happy, so i thought awesome!! kept it going a lil bit, then i thought i wonder if i can keep it going the whole way round the roundabout, it was late at night so no one was was spectating.

sure enough i ended up doing a u turn on the round about, keeping it sideways, untill she went a lil too far side ways, then i had it on full oposite lock, and the arse was still coming around... so i thought fuck it... ill stomp on the brakes and let it spin round on me,

i ended up stopping just short of the gutter... wouldnt have been much in...because the wheels were still in full lock mode! so when i took off i ended up driving up the gutter anyways!!!!
Laughing Laughing

the only damage was to my pride, Smile
but no one saw it anyways!!
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: worst spin!! Tue, 26 August 2003 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The other day i was comin back from work and it just stopped rainin, now the corner into my street is awesome, i go outta my way to take a different route if i have 2 if it's raining, so this day i thought id take it a little bit quiker with my slide, but i understeered, so here i am sliding, sliding towards the gutter, a couple walkin their dog are staring at me, and my tyres are sqealing of their head, i'm just sittin their goin "stop, stop, stop, stop!" and looking at the gutter ('cos i don't wanna scratch the rims man) So eventually i stopped about 10cm from it (perfect parallel park) Take a deep breath and floor it towards home so the couple don't quite see my face. Parked the car, and gave it a hug.
I know its not quite a spin out, but i can only just remember yesterday.
kayot1k
Regular

July 2003

icon14.gif  Re: worst spin!! Thu, 28 August 2003 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Confused
hmmm i dont know how to tell this story but here it goes....

this one time i had too much to eat and fo fun span around hectic and felt sick in the gut .
shiet i almost thru up.

some hectic spins man doing like atleast 5 - 10 km/h
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: worst spin!! Fri, 29 August 2003 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fully sick man!?
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: worst spin!! Tue, 23 September 2003 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I managed to have a very decent spin on Friday night...

I was flying up Mcarrs Creek Road and went into a left hander (Rated 35kmh) and took it at 80, well attempted to... I've done it before but this time I had no sub box in the boot = a lighter ass end... So 1/2 way through the corner the ass end came around with no hope of gaining control again...

So I slammed my foot on the brake pedal and held on... The car went sidewayz down the road with all fours locked up and kept sliding...

Then the car started heading towards the trees and I thought "FARRRRRRKKKKK!!!!!"... So the first bang was a wooden pole with a reflector then small bangs of shrubs and branches slamming against the side of the car... At that point I was thinking fuck... There is gunna be dents all over the car...

The car finally came to a stop and I looked out my window... There sitting about 5 cms away from my window was a tree of about a 3 foot diameter... Thats when the feeling hit me that I couldn't killed myself or the car...

So I drive myself out of the bushes and back onto the road... I was atleast 3 - 4 meters off the road... I drive up the road hitting a top speed of about 40 and stopped when it was all clear... Got out of the car and inspected with a torch... The car had dirt and leaves and shit all over it... So I washed the car on Sat afternoon and found a shitload of scratches all over the front end and the drivers side of the car but thats it... Even the wooden pole didn't even dent the car Shocked Shocked Shocked ... I was sooo relieved that there was no dents or no major damage...

I'll have to polish the car soon to see how bad the scratches are but I think that the majority will come out...

Hell, it really doesn't matter cause the car will be getting sprayed soonish...
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: worst spin!! Tue, 23 September 2003 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
once again a rolla comes out victorious!!

Very Happy Very Happy

good to see you and your ride are AOK
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: worst spin!! Tue, 23 September 2003 16:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've spun my car tonnes of times. The only time that I seriously lost all ability to place the car was when I was turning into my road (a left hander, can usually take at about 70km/h at the end of that braking zone) and it was wet (typical story)...anyway, I'd finished braking, and just had managed to get the rear end out a bit to slide/drift through the corner on a comfortable angle. Of course, it hadn't rained in a fair while, and being slightly off camber on entry, there was dirt from the side of the road at the mid-corner point.

I'm a bit of a left foot braker, so as my rears hit the dirt/pebbles at the mid-way point they partially locked, and sent the tyres on way too big a slip angle. It started to spin, and all I could do was heel toe it back into first half way through the 180, and then get ready to go again.

I was about 10 cm's away from having the rear-bumper slightly dented by a post. Looking back at the scene of the crime, I'd gone from 70 to zero in about 10/15 metres.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: worst spin!! Wed, 24 September 2003 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alwaysRA23 wrote on Wed, 24 September 2003 00:26

once again a rolla comes out victorious!!

Very Happy Very Happy

good to see you and your ride are AOK

Hehehe... Cheers dude...

I always seem to come out okay... I guess I'm just lucky Smile Smile Smile ...
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: worst spin!! Wed, 24 September 2003 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
9 lives??? Very Happy
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: worst spin!! Wed, 24 September 2003 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've already used up 2 of mine

fingers crossed I dont need to use another one!
Ribbo
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: worst spin!! Thu, 25 September 2003 21:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The funniest one ive done was comming home from uni in the rain, peak hour trafic. Sharp right hander, lights go orange and I was in a hurry, so went through it pretty quick.
Back tyres are pretty bad, so the ass comes round, and im like yea whatever this is fine, hold the gas on with oppo lock bring it round nicly when it just flung out too far, I end up spinning looking at a huge trafic jam of people at the other red light all looking at me.
So im sitting there facing wrong way and need to do a 3 point turn as their light goes green and about 50 cars start crawling towards me looking at me doing this 3 point turn.

They had some strange faces hehe
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: worst spin!! Wed, 01 October 2003 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I experienced it first hand last Friday nite in Brizzy after a lot of rain. Was following behind a later model Mazda 323 through a slow 90 degree right turn outside the PA Hospital.

The car in front accelerated out so I tried to keep up with it. Was powering out of the corner from about 20 kph going up to 40 when the rear just slipped out on the road which was still wet and with plenty of fallen leaves.

Before I knew it, I was on full opposite lock trying to keep the car straight. Didn't correct in time so before I knew it, the car severely whip lashed itself the other way and I was fish tailing up the road.

Found myself careening straight towards the gutter head on where other cars were parked stationery. I freaked myself out as I was already thinking that I was gonna hit those cars and was resigned to impact. Dunno how it happened but somehow the car regained its traction and I pulled away safely from the cars.

I was still shaking but glad to have made it out safely. Certainly no laughing matter for me and a serious lesson that even the rear can get itself out in the wet when travelling moderately slow. It's not down to poor tyres as mine have a lot of good thread on them.

I am now very wary about the wet and have stopped being gung-ho when cornering hard in wet conditions. Always though the tyres could maintain their grip in the wet but I guess an AE86 is so light that unlike heavier RWD cars, they have a tendency to spin easier.

Hmmmm ... respect for FR cars in the wet is my theme now. What eggs me most is that the FWD Mazda in front powered out like it was nothing and I thought I could follow it but obviously physics is physics.
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: worst spin!! Thu, 02 October 2003 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
practice makes perfect in the wet the firs few times i got sideways i shat Shocked but now i just hang Cool
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: worst spin!! Thu, 02 October 2003 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, in the wet anything can happen at any time. Just last night I was pulling away from these lights at a 90 degree turn to the right. Was probably going about 20, and going nice and easy (no going for boost this time Smile ). And the back just took of with a mind of it's own. Applied some opposite lock, and we were all sweet, but it was a bit interesting for a time there. I was only doing about 40 by the time it was all under control again.
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: worst spin!! Tue, 07 October 2003 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm starting to really love the wet, there's some nice corners around my area and since I've been on my P's since January I've been gaining confidence and experience with my driving.
Though controlled drifts and spins are the way to go, there's nothing worst than just losing it. But it's all fun and games.
Though the other day it was really wet and was in an industrial area so the roads have a lot of oil. I was coming into this corner, there was a guy driving up the road on the other side so I had some time. Handbrake on! The back slowly starts to slide out. Handbrake Ohhhh Back whips around Shit! So It looks like I'm exiting the corner I just came into.
The guy drives past (he wouldn't have seen me going sideways or spinning) and was like "What The? Haven't I seen that car before?" He's expression was just a pissa. I guess you had to be there.
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: worst spin!! Tue, 07 October 2003 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had a fun one,
in my dads vt commie work car:
uphill s-bends in grays point, wet as all hell, tailing it out up the bend, hooked back opp. lock, caught out by the tail and spun around, mounted the gutter = not a scratch
shat myself tho, i would be dead if i stacked his work car

plus the numerous spins on one corner in kirrawee, unavoidable
the corner is impregnated with oil after a spill,
in the wet it is deadly, mounted the gutter once going at 10km/h ! absolutely deadly, just went straight on, understeer/aquaplane from hell
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: worst spin!! Tue, 07 October 2003 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ehehe, I've done that before.
was warned about oil on this one corner, so I took it at <20km/hr. at that speed, I had massive understeer, followed by huge oversteer when the rears hit it. any faster and I reckon I would've been off into the undergrowth
cam_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
haha, funny little head!
Re: worst spin!! Wed, 08 October 2003 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey skinnypoo, trust you guys to do stupid stuff like that Razz I was actually involved in an incident on that same roundabout, although i was a passenger. A friend of mine was driving another friends Alfasud back from hobart and anyone who has ever been in an old alfa knows that the pedals are damn close together! anyway, the dude driving went to put his foot on the clutch as he entered the roundabout and got the break at the same time Smile he then over corrected and we went up over the traffic island just before the roundabout and ended up sidways in the wrong lane. Luckily there was nothing coming. The Sud needed a wheel alignment real bad after that!

Re: worst spin!! Wed, 08 October 2003 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolla Boy = Temporary Citizen

Matt

gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: worst spin!! Wed, 08 October 2003 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cam_RA40 wrote on Wed, 08 October 2003 16:28

Hey skinnypoo, trust you guys to do stupid stuff like that Razz I was actually involved in an incident on that same roundabout, although i was a passenger. A friend of mine was driving another friends Alfasud back from hobart and anyone who has ever been in an old alfa knows that the pedals are damn close together! anyway, the dude driving went to put his foot on the clutch as he entered the roundabout and got the break at the same time Smile he then over corrected and we went up over the traffic island just before the roundabout and ended up sidways in the wrong lane. Luckily there was nothing coming. The Sud needed a wheel alignment real bad after that!

My mum's 323 pedals are too close together. Was wearing wide shoes once and went to apply the brake so I could turn and hit the accelerator instead Razz thankfully it wasn't a t-junction and there was no-one infront of me so I just kept going and took a different route Smile
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: worst spin!! Thu, 09 October 2003 09:13 Go to previous message
Yojimbo wrote on Wed, 08 October 2003 20:52

Rolla Boy = Temporary Citizen

Matt

Hahaha... I really prefer 'Permanent'...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Lost crash virginity
Next Topic:punk bitch white 88 prelude. fkn tail gaters!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 19:07:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0076780319213867 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.