Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 20 valve running to rich how do i fix it.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
2DVIOS
Newcomer

July 2003
20 valve running to rich how do i fix it. Mon, 11 August 2003 00:36 Go to next message
hey, i just bought a corolla sx wit a 20 v is it but smoke is coming out of the exuast adn its running too rich how do i fix this, and how much will it cost.
also when teh car is cold it doesnt idle proply is there any way i can fix this.
the exuast i think it too big for the car its about 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 can this be teh problem for smoke blowing out all teh time.
if any one knows how to fix this let me know thanks.
  Send a private message to this user    
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: 20 valve running to rich how do i fix it. Mon, 11 August 2003 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what ECU is it running?
Twinky
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 20 valve running to rich how do i fix it. Mon, 11 August 2003 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what colour is the smoke?
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: 20 valve running to rich how do i fix it. Mon, 11 August 2003 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL what are u doing on here little brother.... LOL yeah the car is running a little rich its black smoke.... also on idle when cold its not idleing properly its just stalling!!! any ideas fellas also its the standard ecu which is strange also!
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: 20 valve running to rich how do i fix it. Mon, 11 August 2003 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do a check on the 02 sensor. these are the symptoms i had before when i had no 02.. or also vacuum sensors(map) and lines.

disconnecting your map will make it sound like a 13B bridge port Shocked cause the idle to play alittle and give you a hard time accelerating.

02 sensor will just look like a chimney.. and eat up heaps of fuel.

the exhaust size is fine. on cold mornings it would only give out white smoke which is moistured water burning of the tip.

02 sensors can be had from around $50-70? at neapean spares st marys.. just a generic brand called acl or something does the trick. comes with the sensor and flange

also just try cleaning out the throttle bodies,carbies with a spray

[Updated on: Mon, 11 August 2003 06:49]

2DVIOS
Newcomer

July 2003
Re: 20 valve running to rich how do i fix it. Mon, 11 August 2003 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its running off the stock computer.
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: 20 valve running to rich how do i fix it. Mon, 11 August 2003 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On the AFM there is a screw, you can turn this which will change your a/f ratios.

I tampered with this but cannot find the right spot, need a a/f gauge to correctly set it up.
seeks
Regular

September 2002
Re: 20 valve running to rich how do i fix it. Tue, 12 August 2003 13:56 Go to previous message
Gday,

I'm interested to hear how you go, recently i got an o2 sensor for my silvertop 20v and it still appears to be running rich and a black carbony buildup on the rear bumper near the exhaust.

It's done this for 1-2 years now, maybe the engine is just a bit flogged out.

Thanks,
Seeks.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:gze oil question?
Next Topic:AE86 Brake Upgrade
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 00:22:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0041999816894531 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.