Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
hotrolla
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Off duty cop Mon, 04 August 2003 06:22 Go to next message
Can off duty cops do any thing because just got pulled over in a car park by one and he is reporting me for driving to fast and threated that i will have to start on my L's again.
  Send a private message to this user    
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Off duty cop Mon, 04 August 2003 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when they file a report though i don't think it can be dated/timed in off-duty hours. I dunno
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Off duty cop Mon, 04 August 2003 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The rules have changed and off duty cops can report things now...

But, What carpark was it in??? A carpark like westfield or somthing or a carpark on the side of the road???
hotrolla
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Off duty cop Mon, 04 August 2003 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It was in Hornsby west field so my car sounds louder
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Off duty cop Mon, 04 August 2003 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
speed limits in car parks aren't enforcable (I dont think - correct me if I'm wrong here). he might have just been trying to scare you into slowing down
hotrolla
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Off duty cop Mon, 04 August 2003 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was with a friend who was gunning it pretty hard but two cars with sports exhaust and other mods are pretty loud in the car park plus sound systems and the speed limit is 10km and the fastest i was going is around 20km.
turbovan
Regular

February 2003

Re: Off duty cop Mon, 04 August 2003 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
he's just trying to bluff you... i've heard that shit so many times... "you will get the ticket in the mail in a few days blah blah"

basically if you walk away with no ticket then you are off

gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Off duty cop Tue, 05 August 2003 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
exactly, if they have to make the effort once they are back at the cop shop you know they won't Cool
SXI16V
Regular

June 2003

Re: Off duty cop Tue, 05 August 2003 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got pulled over by an off duty cop just when i got my p's, he was in a mirage.
I was flying down the left lane, and he must of seen how quick i was going, so he tried to come over to my lane. When he did i beeped him, and then slowed down opened my window and called him a f#$%ing wanker and stuck my finger up at him.
Then he pulls out this badge and shows me, and then i said to myself "oh f%#$".
About 50 metres ahead was a set of lights and they were red, when we stopped he got out of his car and told me to pull over past the lights.
He then asked for my licence and rang sum1 and gave them my licence number and thats all.
Then he said to me "and by the way i don't like been called a f#$%ing wanker", and then just drove off, and nothing ever happened with my licence or anything
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Off duty cop Tue, 05 August 2003 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hahaha...
I've done close to the same thing to a copper aswell... But it was a full marked cop car Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed ...
It was night and the street was dark... All i noticed were lights behind me... The next minute, they were on high beam... And still following me, so I flipped them the bird out the window and yelling and shit, turned the corner and then noticed blue and red lights Twisted Evil ... The high beams were so bright in my mirrors that I couldn't even see the lights on the top of the car flashing at all...
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Off duty cop Tue, 05 August 2003 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if i just abused an unmarked cop car and he showed me his badge i would just keep driving while behaving again. if you hear more about it like he follows you home or rings you later just say anyone can hold up a badge in their car how were you supposed to know hes for real for all you know he could be some nutcase who just wants to car jack you.

and ive had the same thing happen to me with the cops behind you and they put on their high beams, and they are DAMN bright. i reckon they do it just to provoke you so they can get you for something. luckily i saw they were cops before they put their high beams on so i just ignored them and they got bored after a couple of k's.
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: Off duty cop Tue, 05 August 2003 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
let me just say this:

COPPERS CAN BOOK YOU IN A WESTFIELD STYLE CARPARK!!!!

i know this, because i've been there. if you see a pigger in the carpark, i suggest you obey any posted speed signs, and dont drive like a dick. my last one cost me $230 for doing 25kph in a 8kph zone!!! wankers... wanna do mean things to them...

as far as off duty's go....???
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Off duty cop Wed, 06 August 2003 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would be so incredibly unhappy if that happened to me
seriously, who goes 8km/hr?

my car rolls at more than that!
speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Off duty cop Wed, 06 August 2003 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you cant even see 8k's properly on your speedo.
i thought it was private property and they had no jurisdiction.. damn some of those pricks give the rest of the cops such a bad name. dont they realise we'd respect them more if they stopped being dicks.

hey and on another note.. i saw a late 80's - early 90's grey bmw m3 cruising on the grand parade in brighton-le-sands (sydney). lowered, loud sports exhaust and containing 1 fully uniformed police officer.. just be careful. ive also seen a worked red seca sx in auburn with the same deal.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Off duty cop Wed, 06 August 2003 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fark
lucky I dont go those places Smile
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: Off duty cop Wed, 06 August 2003 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, no crap...i always thought it was private property as well, but aparrently not Rolling Eyes
hotrolla
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Off duty cop Wed, 06 August 2003 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got the Phone call today nothing's happening to me but just a warning Smile but my friend got reported because he was going side ways around every corner and the next time he does any thing wrong his licence will be taken.
I think he was trying to scare me and it worked for a couple of hours Laughing
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Off duty cop Wed, 06 August 2003 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
which prolly means they couldn't book you.
'cause if your friend was being that much of a silly bugger, they couldn't just let him off.

unless the cop was feeling especially nice
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Off duty cop Wed, 06 August 2003 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am pretty sure that speed limits are not inforcable on private property, and i am also pretty sure that a westfield car park is owned by a company and not by any government and is thus private property
no worries...unless you hit somone Cool
however the laws may very over time or from state to state

[Updated on: Wed, 06 August 2003 10:26]

Trick_T18
Occasional Poster

October 2002
    n/a
icon10.gif  Re: Off duty cop Fri, 08 August 2003 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a good idea for you guys who hate ppl high beamin' behind you... i did this to my old carolla wagon... get 1 or 2 of those little golf ball sized spot lights and attach them to the back of your car and wire them to a seperate switch... then the next time someone high beams ya, blast 'em back... also works well when reversing in the dark
speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Off duty cop Fri, 08 August 2003 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is it legal to have them there?
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Off duty cop Sat, 09 August 2003 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd say yes on a 4WD or a ute, maybe not on a car though...
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Off duty cop Mon, 11 August 2003 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
given that a westfields allows public entry, I'm sure if you did exceed the speed limit they could book with endangering the public of something to that effect. (neg driving)
speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Off duty cop Mon, 11 August 2003 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
speaking from experience luke? Very Happy

ive seen the dents in the front of the celica theyre definatley caused by either children in stollers or old womens walking frames

10 points a piece!
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Off duty cop Mon, 11 August 2003 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in the wise words of jake

you know I just dont give a fuck........ babe
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Off duty cop Mon, 11 August 2003 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just jake it!
speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Off duty cop Mon, 11 August 2003 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think watching those romp movies was detremental on your personality Laughing
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Off duty cop Mon, 11 August 2003 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OHHHH dont YOU know it..... babe
swankiedude
Regular

March 2003

Re: Off duty cop Mon, 11 August 2003 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So if they are travelling behind you at night with their lights on high beam just slam your brakes on. If they hit you then its their fault cos the hit you from behind and you can just say that his lights were blinding you and you thought you saw something run across infront of the car.

That will f*#k them.

My g/f got pulled up a few weeks back for a RBT in the middle of the day. Suddelny 2 other cops walked up to my car and started looking all around it, opened the door to have a look at the wheel specifications and she was freaking. My car is stock standard except for my wheels which ar 17x7. The suspension and exhaust is all stock. They told her they were going to send her out a tickek for my oversized rims while making smartarsed comments about them like "gee, you would go through rubber very quickly with tyres like that." my tyres and 205x45x17. We never heard from them again.

[Updated on: Mon, 11 August 2003 23:29]

speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Off duty cop Tue, 12 August 2003 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
swankiedude wrote on Tue, 12 August 2003 09:22

So if they are travelling behind you at night with their lights on high beam just slam your brakes on. If they hit you then its their fault cos the hit you from behind and you can just say that his lights were blinding you and you thought you saw something run across infront of the car.

That will f*#k them.

you can say that, but i doubt it will hold up in court when youre done on neg driving charges.
even though we like to think we have rights as citizens, police are always in the right. you have to prove them wrong.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Off duty cop Tue, 12 August 2003 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a better excuse is "I was blinded, couldn't see anything, so I slammed on my brakes so as not to hit anyhting"

the cops should be leaving enough room for safe braking distance. A decent lawyer would help too, then it would be a fairly easy case to win

[Updated on: Tue, 12 August 2003 09:11]

swankiedude
Regular

March 2003

Re: Off duty cop Wed, 13 August 2003 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven, great minds think alike
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Off duty cop Wed, 13 August 2003 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and fools never differ Very Happy
X-R-Cist
Occasional Poster

August 2003

Re: Off duty cop Fri, 15 August 2003 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fact:
police cannot book you for speeding in a public car park that is privatly owned. also parking in a disabled space, parking where it says no parking, will not get your vehicle towed away as they cannot touch your vehicle, if they do, you can sue them and rest assure that you will win.

loops holes...gotta love em
trent_kershaw
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Off duty cop Tue, 19 August 2003 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
X-R-Cist wrote on Fri, 15 August 2003 12:15

fact:
police cannot book you for speeding in a public car park that is privatly owned. also parking in a disabled space, parking where it says no parking, will not get your vehicle towed away as they cannot touch your vehicle, if they do, you can sue them and rest assure that you will win.

This is true, but the owner of the private carpark can have your car towed for parking in a disabled spot, or in a place where it says no parking. They never do, but they can.
Levin4Kevin
Regular

May 2003
Re: Off duty cop Tue, 14 October 2003 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My understanding of this that the carpark is known as "a road related area" as its open to and used by members of the public. I dont think the speed zones would be inforcable, but they could get you for a neg drive which covers a lot of things. Dont quote me on this, as its only what I believe. Kevin
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Off duty cop Tue, 14 October 2003 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When cops put the 'high beams' on, dont they flash from side to side. At least that is what they have done when I have been pulled over by them.
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Off duty cop Wed, 15 October 2003 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
X-R-Cist wrote on Fri, 15 August 2003 12:15

fact:

Then who do they have that I see booking people that park in disabled spaces?

If you're in QLD, go to the undercover part of the chermside westfield around the back and you'll see a line up of guys booking the dumb bitches that park illegally in the disabled spaces.
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Off duty cop Fri, 17 October 2003 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

When cops put the 'high beams' on, dont they flash from side to side. At least that is what they have done when I have been pulled over by them.

That'd be f*@king annoying

I've only seen it when they have the sirens and red & blue lights flashing.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Off duty cop Fri, 17 October 2003 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeps, goes from side to side
Streety
Occasional Poster

July 2003
Re: Off duty cop Sun, 19 October 2003 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Dude
with this Off Duty Cop thingy , yeah they can do it ANYTIME they feel like it and i should know cause my g/f is a COP hahahahaha and well she has pulled over people before cause seriously they were being complete MORONS on the road.I am not FOR cops pulling over people when off duty and well i do know UNFORTUNATELY cops who kinda have let the power go to there heads BUT the thing is IF something happens to all US HOONS hahaha and there in a situation where they could have done something to prevent a acco and didnt do anything then its THEM who get severly BUSTED. My chick is a heaps cool Cop BUT and i KNOW there are MORON Cops about she is doing her job and UNFORTUNATELY for Us and even Cops they STILL got to do there job even off Duty.
My thinking is that hey we should have fun with our cars but there are ALWAYS people out ther who HONESTLY cannot DRIVE a Done up car for CRAP . You see it all the time and well NO CAR is gonna be able to take a tight Corner at 140Km/h .
I ve been defected in my old red AE82 rolla( which i crashed on Christmas Eve last year complete Right off on Old Windsor Rd near James Ruse Drive Underpass right opposite the SHELL servo all i got to say is SCREW CAMRYS there made out of BRICKS hahaha) but if you got a worked car and you are acting like a bit of a idiot ( which we all do) sooner or later the cops are gonna get you.Only advice is that dont be a wanker to the cops cause its the Attitude test if u r cool most dont do anything BUT if u r acting like a TRIHARD hahaha man the COPS will DEFECT the CRAPPOLA on your car.I know i ve kinda crapped on and dont want to sound like a TOSSA ( which i bet i ll get replies sayin i am hahahah) but Off DUTy cops have NOW no choice but to pull you over if u r acting like a dick on the road and sooner or later you will stuff up and well if ther is a off Duty cop and they didnt do anything its them that are screwed. Most cops are cool ok i know a fair few but man HWY PATROl cops there the dickheads
ANYWAY sorry for writing all this but hey have to look at both sides of the situation, and as much it might be hard for all us guy to admit COPS are just doing there job and regardless u cannot get too pissed off for that.and rememebr when something goes very wrong we all want the cops on our side hahahah
later
VuVu
Regular

August 2003

Re: Off duty cop Mon, 27 October 2003 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i don't like cops at all.. hate them even
unhelpful pigs with fuken attidude.. every fuken time i encounter them thats all they are..

i.e my friends house got robbed... we waited 4 hours for them to show up and when they did... they walked thru in 2 mins and said that "it must be an inside job" and accused the housemate who was out with us at the time... no reason for a fake robbery as the house is uninsured

sometimes when they are in pairs.. one of them is ok but usually one or both are fuken donut munching fuktards

/end rant Laughing
Streety
Occasional Poster

July 2003
Re: Off duty cop Mon, 27 October 2003 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well when u got to deal with SHITBAGS all day no wonder cops have attitudes sometimes
Most cops are cool people just doing there jobs and when sometimes they dont do a job that doesnt suitthe particular person people juck little hissy fits.
And if the house was uninsured then the your buddy is a moron. No wonder they thought it was a Inside job
HWY patrol are the pricks.
And most people who fang there cars everywhere DESERVE all the crap they get when they get caught, its fun until something bad happens then its these people who are the 1st to complain and want the cops to be on there side
NO win Sitution for COPS like everywhere u got pricks and you dont
thats just life
get over it and move on
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Off duty cop Mon, 27 October 2003 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
streety - similar sentiments to my own - although the 2 things I've ever been booked for I havent deserve, Ive been let off quite a few things as well, so it all evens out.
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Off duty cop Tue, 28 October 2003 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Streety wrote on Tue, 28 October 2003 09:46

And if the house was uninsured then the your buddy is a moron. No wonder they thought it was a Inside job

read what you just wrote and tell me how on earth you think what you said makes sense.

i shouldnt need to explain it but i will just in case.

if the house ISNT insured, what advantage would someone have by pulling an inside job on themselves. theyd have a whole lot of their own property that is now reagarded as stolen and they coudlnt very well sell, and they are not going to get anything from insurance because its NOT INSURED

i think its you that is the moron
VuVu
Regular

August 2003

Re: Off duty cop Tue, 28 October 2003 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks lang saved me from having to type too much

yeah.. i dunno.. but everytime i've encountered cops they are pricks... must be cause im asain Cool haha

but yeah.. bad enought that his house was robbed but they continued to accuse his best mate of burgling the place... pretty fuken stupid...

i think all of em are having a power trip.. speshly the female cops... man they are fuken bitches

if cops treat everyone like shit... despite wat they have been thru... then how da fuk do they expect people to hold them in high regard.. i mean i can sympathize with wat they go thru but they are suppose to be helpful.. which most of the time they are not.. and if they are...they give it with attitude

peace
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Off duty cop Tue, 28 October 2003 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my house had an "attempted" burglery, i came home part way through and the dudes ran off, all our stuff like tv ect ect was stacked outside the back door tho ready for them to pile into their car. ( i didnt see any of em they must have run out the back as i walked in the front)

anyway i rang the cops and they told me not to move any of the stuff that was left out the back door, im like its starting to rain, and they still said not to move it.

anyway i moved it inside. theres not point having all this electrical goods broken from water damage, and i was sure as hell they werent gonna pay for it.
VuVu
Regular

August 2003

Re: Off duty cop Tue, 28 October 2003 07:58 Go to previous message
yeah cops are fat and lazy...
its the detective people that come after that actuallly get any crime solving CSI styles shit done lol
peace
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1.6 Vs the 1.8
Next Topic:I've Got A Sore Knee!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 06:26:51 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0074031352996826 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.