Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » what didnt work after your gze conversion??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
tim123c
Regular

May 2003
what didnt work after your gze conversion?? Tue, 12 August 2003 06:00 Go to next message
Hey guys,
I just had a gze conversion done in my ae92 seca, but after it was done, the following did not work:
- Oil light
- Check engine light
- Batt Light
- temperature gauge
- tacho (common thing)

They all seem to be wiring problems, so i might be best going to sideshow to get it looked at. (Yes i checked the fuse, haha)

Also the engine doesn't idle up when you turn the wheel (power steering idle up). Is that normal, i know my 4afe used to idle up.
After the engine harness was spliced into my existing fuse box under the bonnet, there are a few wires just hanging there now, a couple of white/black wires, a red wire and two sets of wires with a plug on the end of both, any idea??

Anyone else had problems like these or other things that didnt work???

Thanks.
  Send a private message to this user    
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: what didnt work after your gze conversion?? Tue, 12 August 2003 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't forget to reset the computer!
tim123c
Regular

May 2003
Re: what didnt work after your gze conversion?? Tue, 12 August 2003 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rob,
How do you reset the computer? just disconnect the battery i'm guessing??
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: what didnt work after your gze conversion?? Tue, 12 August 2003 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know when we redid the head gasket on my mates 4AGE we were getting the engine error light code, and even when we fixed the knock sensor, we kept getting the error code till we reset it using the little pin outs under the "Diagnostic" cap in the engine bay.

that is where you do it anyway, but I don't know exactly what codes you have, and if that is even your problem. But if you don't get lights, or get some, and shouldn't I would try running the diagnostic.

Your manual should have it anyway.. hope this helps ?? Confused
whiteGZE
Regular

May 2002

Re: what didnt work after your gze conversion?? Tue, 12 August 2003 06:45 Go to previous message
You need to splice the relevant wires in the gze loom to your existing car loom to get the oil light etc. to work. If you go to the Club4AG Site you will find wiring diagrams for the gze so you can find the correct wires to connect to the various dash lights.

[Updated on: Tue, 12 August 2003 06:46]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4agze hoses help
Next Topic:2t/3t hybrid
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 23:19:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0093998908996582 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.