Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Low Hummer Sun, 03 August 2003 23:54 Go to next message
One thing I'll never understand is why people buy 4WDs and lower them....

http://nark.is-a-geek.com/temp/LowHummer.jpg
  Send a private message to this user    
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Low Hummer Mon, 04 August 2003 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that is AWESOME Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Low Hummer Mon, 04 August 2003 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the name on the back of that dudes shirt sums it up perfectly.
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Low Hummer Mon, 04 August 2003 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the name on the tshirt to the left says it all.

EDIT: just too scary that at the same time we thought the same thing

[Updated on: Mon, 04 August 2003 01:03]

need_boost
Regular

July 2003

Re: Low Hummer Mon, 04 August 2003 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why dont these people just buy station wagons??? Confused
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Low Hummer Mon, 04 August 2003 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hahaha, creepy Smile
bass_boy
Regular

May 2002
Re: Low Hummer Mon, 04 August 2003 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
photoshopped??
swankiedude
Regular

March 2003

Re: Low Hummer Mon, 04 August 2003 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im sure you will find that its all done with hydraulics. It propably raises about 1/2 meter back up in the air at the touch of a button. Thay are damn awsome wheels though. It just doing something differant and I love it!!!
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon4.gif  Re: Low Hummer Mon, 04 August 2003 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AFAIK, they're 22" chromies.... Shocked
Backspace
Regular

May 2003
Re: Low Hummer Mon, 04 August 2003 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Orignally posted by justcallmefrank

I think the name on the tshirt to the left says it all.

How is that rice?
My understanding of rice are things put on a car to make it look fast while doing nothing to enhance performance.
Big wheels and slammed suspension on a Hummer is not rice, it's just a different car scene.
Would you call a 64 impala on 14 inch Daytons with a 4 pump setup sitting on it's arse, rice? Cause i know i wouldn't
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Low Hummer Mon, 04 August 2003 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no, but mirror chrome is gay
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Low Hummer Mon, 04 August 2003 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"Rice" is about tasteless visual 'enhancement' whilst not adding to (and usually detracting from) performance. It has little to do with the country of origine of the vehicle.

Mirror chrome is useless, visually unappealing and distracting to other motorists. 22" wheels add to unsprung mass, compromising handling. The Hummer, a purpose built 4WD, is rendered useless by being dumped on its guts. The metallic paintjob is expensive to repair if said vehicle were ever to leave the tarmac and actually get dirty and scraped. The only things missing are a drift wing, neons and some washer LEDs. Rolling Eyes

You were saying something about "rice"?

lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Low Hummer Mon, 04 August 2003 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gianttomato wrote on Mon, 04 August 2003 19:14

"Rice" is about tasteless visual 'enhancement' whilst not adding to (and usually detracting from) performance. It has little to do with the country of origine of the vehicle.

Mirror chrome is useless, visually unappealing and distracting to other motorists. 22" wheels add to unsprung mass, compromising handling. The Hummer, a purpose built 4WD, is rendered useless by being dumped on its guts. The metallic paintjob is expensive to repair if said vehicle were ever to leave the tarmac and actually get dirty and scraped. The only things missing are a drift wing, neons and some washer LEDs. Rolling Eyes

You were saying something about "rice"?

i couldnt have said it better
Juggalo
Regular

March 2003

Re: Low Hummer Mon, 04 August 2003 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well maybe a midget owns it and they need it to be that low to get in. Twisted Evil
Backspace
Regular

May 2003
Re: Low Hummer Mon, 04 August 2003 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Originally posted by gianttomato
"Rice" is about tasteless visual 'enhancement' whilst not adding to (and usually detracting from) performance.

I agree with the above, BUT, tasteless visual enhancment all depends on opinion.
In my opinion the hummer is "bling bling", in yours (it seems) it's rice.
Quote:

It has little to do with the country of origine of the vehicle.

Where did this comment come from?
And what does it refer to?

Quote:

The Hummer, a purpose built 4WD, is rendered useless by being dumped on its guts. The metallic paintjob is expensive to repair if said vehicle were ever to leave the tarmac and actually get dirty and scraped.

Yes the Hummer is a 4wd, but the H2 was built to cart kids to school and soccer games, not to go off road.
The person who owns it obviously doesn't intend on using it off road with those wheels, it's for show, so yes, it is rendered useless in the 4wdriving sense, but i'm guessing that he/she didin't buy it to go off road. And they could just as easily chuck some off road wheels on and flick the switch for the hydros or airbags and raise the bitch up, whuala, instant capable off-roader.

Quote:

The only things missing are a drift wing, neons and some washer LEDs

umm, riiiight, i think you've confused it with a lancer.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Low Hummer Mon, 04 August 2003 22:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Backspace wrote on Mon, 04 August 2003 23:24

In my opinion the hummer is "bling bling", in yours (it seems) it's rice.

A division of sameness. "Bling bling" is the gaudy, gauche display of wealth whilst not adding to (and detractring from) performance.

Quote:

It has little to do with the country of origine of the vehicle.

Where did this comment come from?
And what does it refer to?[/quote]
I thought you weren't willing to call it rice because it wasn't Japanese.

Quote:

Yes the Hummer is a 4wd, but the H2 was built to cart kids to school and soccer games, not to go off road.
The person who owns it obviously doesn't intend on using it off road with those wheels, it's for show, so yes, it is rendered useless in the 4wdriving sense, but i'm guessing that he/she didin't buy it to go off road. And they could just as easily chuck some off road wheels on and flick the switch for the hydros or airbags and raise the bitch up, voila, instant capable off-roader.

Hummer built these for the army, not for soccer mums. The hydraulics would significantly impede off road capabilities.

Quote:

umm, riiiight, i think you've confused it with a lancer.

No. It's a riced up Hummer.

As you said, it's a matter of opinion. Clearly we won't agree.
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Low Hummer Tue, 05 August 2003 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Backspace

anything that isnt toyota old and a bomb.. is rice to these guys...

just accept it Smiley =

i have Surprised but who cares .. really .. ?
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Low Hummer Tue, 05 August 2003 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i guess my white series 4 rx7 with REDSUNS stickers down the side is rice.

well whatever that hummer is, i still think its gaudy

(well i dosent have redsuns stickers actually)
Backspace
Regular

May 2003
Re: Low Hummer Tue, 05 August 2003 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Originally posted by gianttomato
Hummer built these for the army, not for soccer mums.

The H1 was built for the army, the H2 was built for soccer mums.

Quote:

No. It's a riced up Hummer.

Have you ever seen a Hummer with neons, a drift wing and washer LEDs?
Maybe the neons, but a drift wing?

Quote:

As you said, it's a matter of opinion. Clearly we won't agree

Well at-least we agree on that one Smile
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Low Hummer Tue, 05 August 2003 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stupid farking americans.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Low Hummer Tue, 05 August 2003 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That Hummer looks freekin awesome!!!

It is in No Way Rice at all...

lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Low Hummer Tue, 05 August 2003 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
other than the cromies which are definatley rice.

or are you telling me chromies are not rice.
swankiedude
Regular

March 2003

Re: Low Hummer Tue, 05 August 2003 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its bloody awsome. If I could fit 22" rims under my seca and have it on airbag suspension then shit yeah I would do it.

I will tell you guys now that im planning alot of stuff for my seca that most of you wont like and will be labeled "rice" but Im not building my car for you, im building it for me. Sorry but thats what I though modifying was all about.

I have nothing against morror chrome. Its just the same as going and polishing an engine component. It does crap all to performance, just looks good. What do the design of wheels do??? They do jack all, just look better.

I rest my case, court dismissed!!!

All rise for the almighty belly scraping hummer
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Low Hummer Tue, 05 August 2003 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice Work Swankiedude...

Chromies are for looks, the same as polished pipework, painted rocker covers or your cars paintjob for that matter!!!

They are in no way rice...

Ppl are taking the term "Rice" and just slapping it on anything that they don't like...
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Low Hummer Tue, 05 August 2003 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
next thing you know George Bush will declare an "Axis of Rice" (Eastwood?) Very Happy
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon9.gif  Re: Low Hummer Tue, 05 August 2003 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
swankiedude wrote on Tue, 05 August 2003 20:50

What do the design of wheels do??? They do jack all, just look better.

I rest my case, court dismissed!!!

WTF?!?!?!
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Low Hummer Wed, 06 August 2003 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Be fair, you can't see the neon's 'cause it's too low, the drift wing is probable hydraulic too and you can't see the front to locate the washer led's.

Maybe we need a new term for anything american that looks ridiculous (not necessarily applying the term to the hummer). Something that determines it's appeal to a certain group while not achieving much. My vote "BUD" for some reason popular yet tastless.
x_p0se
Occasional Poster

July 2003

Re: Low Hummer Wed, 06 August 2003 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that hammer is f*cken nice...!
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Low Hummer Wed, 06 August 2003 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i didnt know you could modify hammers that much, i guess you could chrome the head and respray it in flip paint if you were really keen

(mabye im taking this a little to far but im bored ok)
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Low Hummer Wed, 06 August 2003 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

anything that isnt toyota old and a bomb.. is rice to these guys...
just accept it Smiley =

i have Surprised but who cares .. really .. ?

les Maaaate your lancer aint rice Bro - your lancer be FULLY Siiiiiiiicc!

when you gettin the 5 inch zorst , and the I.C.E too bro ?

All the honeyz will be wantin your $bling$ $bling$

face it all in favour - the hummer - no matter WHAT series - was purely designed to cart american mince meat grunts into International theatres of war - that the americans probably started in the first place. That is its design purpose

adding big arse rims , and making a hummer it into a mums taxi on steroids is just plain WRONG - rice or not ?

Do you think these mothers will encounter MINES on the way to the shopping centre - NO

Do you think that the bruthas with $bling$ will be mortared by an opposing enemy blood gang - Id think not

then why the HELL do people drive them?? - answer - because they are MORONS - who want image over practicality

Some car owners just have no idea really!
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Low Hummer Wed, 06 August 2003 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the last time i told a ricer their car was shit, they told me i was jealous, and their car was one of the best looking cars in adelaide.

i was flabbergasted (and that is the BIGGEST understatement of my life), there is really no point trying to reason with these people, they are so mentally sick they have passed a point that they will never be able to return from it no matter how hard you try, i cant even think of a metaphor to show the extent of how bad they really are.

this car is so riced up that if i was given it i wouldnt drive if due to the sheer amount of crap i would receive, instead id catch a bus, or pay for a taxi, anything!!!!

and i get told im saying this out of jealousy, fuck me i just wanted to smack him so hard he never woke up
strober
Regular

June 2002
Re: Low Hummer Wed, 06 August 2003 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
photoshop chop job i think. they could have done a better job with it too. tsk tsk all done in haste.
what i really hate are people who have no idea and talk all shit, spewing half assed facts about whatever the hell they have on their car.
i saw a civic with the biggest ever carbon fibre gt wing. it looked so wrong... the guy said it made his car look better and go faster. well i know his wrong about one thing atleast, it looked sheeeeeeet. man, if you're going to mod a car do it properly. dont invest in false hopes. and dont be a sheep.
swankiedude
Regular

March 2003

Re: Low Hummer Wed, 06 August 2003 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and dont be a sheep.[/quote]

I really think it is safe to say that the person who modified this hummer isnt a sheep. What about the corvette or trans-am or whatever it is sitting infront of it on about the same size rim and sitting just as low.

You guys will bag the crap out of anything thats not an old school celica or sprinter. Its called personal choice!!!

[Updated on: Wed, 06 August 2003 23:06]

lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Low Hummer Thu, 07 August 2003 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
strober wrote on Thu, 07 August 2003 00:20

photoshop chop job i think. they could have done a better job with it too. tsk tsk all done in haste.
what i really hate are people who have no idea and talk all shit, spewing half assed facts about whatever the hell they have on their car.
i saw a civic with the biggest ever carbon fibre gt wing. it looked so wrong... the guy said it made his car look better and go faster. well i know his wrong about one thing atleast, it looked sheeeeeeet. man, if you're going to mod a car do it properly. dont invest in false hopes. and dont be a sheep.

its not a photoshop chop, look at what the banner over the car says, and the sticker on the back window (airbag suspension), and the white car is also as low, and the shadow on the gravel is correct too
The Bruster
Regular

August 2003
Re: Low Hummer Thu, 07 August 2003 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But juts how good is it at crossing the arctic tundra?
Juggalo
Regular

March 2003

Re: Low Hummer Fri, 08 August 2003 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well once they jack the suspension up with the controller it will probably handle it very well, it obviously isn't drivable at that level since it's actually sitting on the ground but who knows how high it will sit once they lift it up? Anyways I've always liked Hummers and that car isn't riced up it's just got some nice rims, a nice paint job and some pretty sweet customisable suspension.
strober
Regular

June 2002
Re: Low Hummer Fri, 08 August 2003 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if that were a real photo wouldnt the guards cast a drop shadow on the chrome rims?
i dont know much about airbag suspension but if a car could be lowered that much and have no camber then the suspension would not be at useful in offroading even when it is jacked up to full ride height. this is assuming that the suspension is not independant like in normal off road 4wd
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Low Hummer Sun, 10 August 2003 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have you ever seen a shadow on a mirrior?

they reflect light, off those stones as well,so i doubt you see a shadow
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: Low Hummer Sun, 10 August 2003 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hummers are over rated they are strong thats about it as for off road ability not that good, have a friend who got an ex US Military one and they are just far too large to do any good 4wdriving.

its just they are hard to break or bend thats it, as for going up the narrow rutty steep tracks in Australia an old Land cruser troopy is much better.

no good for Aussie bush landers
ENVYS-SR20
Occasional Poster

July 2002
Re: Low Hummer Mon, 11 August 2003 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That H2 Hummer is a sweet ride!
Although you cant do much with it off road, I still wouldnt mind it in my garage Smile
whiteGZE
Regular

May 2002

Re: Low Hummer Tue, 12 August 2003 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's just like doing this...

Dodgy 5 minute job, but I'm sure you get my drift....

http://members.optushome.com.au/whitegze/ferrari.jpg
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Low Hummer Tue, 12 August 2003 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ROFL. - And what in the heck is wrong with that? Porsche seem all to excited about doing it these days...

One very fast, Mosman appropriate 4wd Smile
tempest
Regular

April 2003
Re: Low Hummer Tue, 12 August 2003 07:41 Go to previous message
rice or no fuckinrice i like it!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Poor RX-8
Next Topic:T50 goes KABOOM!! now with PICS
Goto Forum: