Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Ko Ko
Regular

May 2003
taking paint off Wed, 13 August 2003 01:53 Go to next message
Hey guys I wanna take the paint of my bumper what kinda of things would i need to take the paint of as I hate painting my bumper over and over again. Confused And also would I need to take my bumper of for this?
Thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
evilshyt
Regular

November 2002
Re: taking paint off Wed, 13 August 2003 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
goto your local paint shop

ask for automotive paint stripper. its alot stronger than ordinary household paint stripper. apply it as instructed on the back of the pack. if you let the paint stripper settle in (and provided you dont have many layers of resprays upon resprays), you should be able to scrape it off real easily. this strips the paint only, and not any previous bog left on the bumper bar.

one strong word of warning, the stripping agent reacts with certain plastics! alot of modern bumper bars are made from cheap plastics (even if its a reputed japanese brand), and i've heard of numerous cases of the bumper bar melting. however, if you're doing an old bumper bar it should be fine. do it at your own risk though!

most panel shops prefer not to strip bumper bars. they will either spray over an old one, or have it replaced with a new bumper bar.
tanman
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: taking paint off Wed, 13 August 2003 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you can buy a paint striper specifically for plastic bumpers.
Meathead
Regular

March 2003
Re: taking paint off Wed, 13 August 2003 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Would the paint-stripper remove/harm the chrome aswell? I've got a grill (Non-plastic) for which I wanna remove the matte black finish of it...
roger
Regular

June 2002
Re: taking paint off Wed, 13 August 2003 22:28 Go to previous message
Best way to do it is get it bead blasted by someone who knows what they are doing, had to do this on my rs2000 nose cone some time ago, come up great.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Question..
Next Topic:Hi all
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 06:06:50 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050840377807617 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.