Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
leebroozlee
Regular

November 2002

icon5.gif  7afe vs 180sx turbo Mon, 11 August 2003 15:50 Go to next message
Hey dudes,

I just want to announce that i beat a 180sx turbo twice tonight in my...7afe ae102! Laughing wtf?? The dudes must've been playing with me...

The dude had at least 1 passenger (not sure if he had more ppl, but don't think so). We first ran on the highway from 105km/h start, I started about 1.5 lengths behind. I caught him quite quickly to 1/2-3/4 length behind in 3rd gear at a top of about 130, then changed to 4th and kept catching up, but more slowly, and was only a 1/4 length behind him (was at his front wheel) when there was a car up ahead in my lane, so i slowed down.

I was laughing my head off, until when I slowed down the 180 put his hazards on like he beat me?! I thought wtf, I thought you were playing around with me? i was catching up to you, and was beginning to think u weren't even trying...now u say u beat me? That's just not fkn cricket..you can't not pull away from somebody then declare urself a winner.

I skipped my exit and took the next one to hopefully get a street run w/ him, and luckily enough we did. As we turned out of the highway his car made this huge blow-off whistly chirpy noise...that made me more confused..i had been thinking must've only had a CA18DE NON-turbo in it.

We line up at lights in a 70 zone, and I can't tell if he's gonna go (there was a van in between us), so i don't launch hard (don't wanna look like a dick on the main road making all this noise by myself). Then I see him start gunning it, so I do too (had a 3/4 length head start). I'm at the top of first gear and I hear him chirp loud into 2nd. I change to 2nd and he starts catching me up to only 1/4 length behind me. At this point I'm thinking, "ahh so he WAS just playing with me...oh well...I wonder wat the back of ur car is gonna look like". But then I start pulling away slowly again, and by the time I hit 3rd gear I'm nearly 3/4 ahead again, then pulling further away in 3rd.

In all honesty, something must've been f@#$ed up with his car.

Anyway it was confusing but very fun!

Oh yeah, I hazard-lighted him back Razz

-------------
All references to "I" and "me" in the above post are to be read as "some dude i saw"
  Send a private message to this user    
swankiedude
Regular

March 2003

Re: 7afe vs 180sx turbo Mon, 11 August 2003 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I really think there was something wrong with his car. If not then he should not be driving a car like this and it should be given to someone who can drive it properly.
Its confused the buggery out of me as well. 180sx's have some balls and a 7AFE in stock form wouldnt stand a chance.

Oh well, glad to hear you had a bit of fun anyway
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 7afe vs 180sx turbo Mon, 11 August 2003 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes. There was either:
A) Something very wrong with his car or,
B) Something very wrong with his driving or,
C) Both of the above.

For the record, I had one of those things drive past my Cressida on the main straight at Wakefield Park...If it can do that to mine, I don't think a 7AFE stands much of a chance.

(Notwithstanding differences in tune/spec of the 2 180's in question - the one at Wakefield was going VERY nicely indeed!)
LowRollaBoy
Regular

June 2002
Re: 7afe vs 180sx turbo Wed, 13 August 2003 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
180sx's all came in turbo (ca18det or sr20det).
S13 Silvias came in NA and TUrbo.

Anyways i found in stock form, the ca18det and sr20det's are claggy and non responsive.
Doesnt matter what the magazines display their times as, becuase they are claggers.
No doubt with a few mods can get them up and going.

But the ca18's are dead slow even in turbo form. My mate in his Intergra VTiR used to chop our mate all the time!

Then my mate had an s13 a18det with highlflow, 15psi, FMIC, exhaust etc, and i had a stockish MR2 Turbo (exhaust and pod) and i used to beat him!

kyler
Occasional Poster

March 2003
Re: 7afe vs 180sx turbo Mon, 18 August 2003 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fellas there was nothing wrong with his car! He had a ca18de and one of those electronic blow off valve compressor type things.

Eyah!
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: 7afe vs 180sx turbo Mon, 18 August 2003 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as far as i know 180s were all turbo just some are ca18det and the others being sr20det.... the silvas are the ones that came out with the n/a's
4AGE-AE86
Regular

June 2003
Re: 7afe vs 180sx turbo Wed, 10 September 2003 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All 180s are turbo from the factory. The earlier version is CA18DET with the later model coming out with the SR20 (possibly black top which is a damn fine motor indeed).
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 7afe vs 180sx turbo Tue, 21 October 2003 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Only 500 non turbo 180sx's were made, they are rare but they are out there.

StephenT Smile
AttentionSeca
Regular

October 2003

Re: 7afe vs 180sx turbo Fri, 24 October 2003 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man this 180sx was foolin or hes a granny shiter. I got a 7afe Ae102 and I aint comin nowhere near a 180sx and I smash pretty much all the Ae102 rollas from my area.

Only turbo car I have beaten is an EXA and a Gold piece of shit old 323 turbo.
SupraBOY
Regular

September 2002

Re: 7afe vs 180sx turbo Tue, 11 November 2003 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would so love to race you in my DET'd exa. i started pulling back a 7mge supra and he was the one with the head start.

i'd say though that he must have had a worn engine. my ca18det is far from laggy.
J-AE86
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: 7afe vs 180sx turbo Thu, 13 November 2003 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
180sx's go prety fast, he was either playing, or cant shift
either way you made him look bad Razz
silvercil40
Regular

August 2003
Re: 7afe vs 180sx turbo Sat, 15 November 2003 13:00 Go to previous message
i was with a mate at an industrial estate when a group of commondores and a 180 turned up.
every started doing burnouts and when the 180 did its doughnuts its blew its turbo Laughing
and we just left Laughing Laughing Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:lancer vs xr8 !
Next Topic:Rustbucket Rx3 Thrashes 2001 Skyline GT
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 13:56:25 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.004086971282959 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.