Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
X-R-Cist
Occasional Poster

August 2003

icon1.gif  AC installation Wed, 13 August 2003 07:14 Go to next message
I have just bought all the parts required to install an air con.
i have a 4age DOHC engine. Im pretty sure its possible to install it because there are wires all over the loom for it, and there is a place in the console to put in a switch, also the stuff i got came out of an ae82 which is what i have.

i was taking a look around the engine and i cant seem to find where the hell the air con compressor and the radiator goes.
the radiator is about the size of my standard radiator, and i cant find anywhere near the belts where the aircon compressor would fit...
if anyone has any info, tech docs, links or places where they do this sort of stuff please post it here. but i would prefer information as i would like to do this myself.
  Send a private message to this user    
omegaman
Regular

August 2003
Re: AC installation Wed, 13 August 2003 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you look under the distributor, there should be open space, this is where the comp goes. Get to it from underneath, take off the plastic cover. As for the radiator, is it small?, about the size of 2 cd cases. If it is, it bolts on the radiator support, between the grill and the radiator, on the near side(footpath side)while a thermo fan fits on the other side. I have a wiring diagram somewhere showing all the parts needed and where they go, I have to find it though,I did the same as you 3 years ago. Also check with toyota parts, they gave me a copy of the pages in the repair manual, which is what I will try to find.
X-R-Cist
Occasional Poster

August 2003

Re: AC installation Wed, 13 August 2003 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for the advice, ive taken another look and i found where the compressor goes. and as for the radiator, its as big as a normal engine radiator, NOT the size of 2 cds, had me scratching my head a while cos if i put that where the one you are talking about goes, it will block the fan for the engine radiator. If you could find that diagram that would be great.
btw do you have any contact details for toyota parts in NSW?

omegaman
Regular

August 2003
Re: AC installation Wed, 13 August 2003 14:38 Go to previous message
Sounds like its just a normal radiator, maybe off a different model ie.hatch,liftback . Not sure.
I've just used the one on the car and added a fan on the front off side of the radiator. I will look for the diagram, I know I kept it. As for toyota, I just told them that I bought A/C & I needed a few more bits and pieces ie condensor type, maybe some piping and some nuts & bolts, as he looked in his book I asked if he could copy it so I can check it with what I have. Or they should have a manual for sale. Get back to you soon.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Supra IRS Rear Hub Disassembly
Next Topic:GA70 Supra 5 Speed - 4wd?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 18:04:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0043609142303467 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.