Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ddeane
Regular

June 2002
TA22 GT steering wheel Sun, 03 August 2003 09:14 Go to next message
Anyone interested in a TA22 factory GT steering wheel.

Craig
  Send a private message to this user    
BAD22
Regular

April 2003
Re: TA22 GT steering wheel Sun, 03 August 2003 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
send me a pic
KING_22
Regular

August 2003
Re: TA22 GT steering wheel Sun, 03 August 2003 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
better yet, can u just post it?
blackRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TA22 GT steering wheel Sun, 03 August 2003 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh im keen to see it
mr spears
Regular

May 2002
Re: TA22 GT steering wheel Sun, 03 August 2003 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as am i Very Happy
roadrunner
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: TA22 GT steering wheel Mon, 04 August 2003 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
send me some pics also.roadrunner3000@hotmail.com

what condition
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: TA22 GT steering wheel Mon, 04 August 2003 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dito, juzzo84@hotmail.com
sam_
Regular

December 2002

Re: TA22 GT steering wheel Mon, 04 August 2003 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm so what do these gt steering wheels look like? piccys please Smile The standard ones with the nine horn buttons I find so very practical.
mr spears
Regular

May 2002
Re: TA22 GT steering wheel Mon, 04 August 2003 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok if were not goin to get it put up here can i get it sent to me too please ya_mumma@iprimus.com.au
ddeane
Regular

June 2002
Re: TA22 GT steering wheel Wed, 06 August 2003 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry

I have just looked at the thread again. Will take a pic tonight and post it.

Craig
ddeane
Regular

June 2002
Re: TA22 GT steering wheel Wed, 06 August 2003 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here 'tis

Attachment: P1010052.JPG
(Size: 58.96KB, Downloaded 150 time(s))

blackRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TA22 GT steering wheel Thu, 07 August 2003 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do we get any garuntees that its genuine?

What is the difference between this and a factory LT ta22 wheel apart from the little GT emblem in the centre??

Would this fit a RA23/8 steering column?

I'll probably give you $40

TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: TA22 GT steering wheel Thu, 07 August 2003 21:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Jap spec GT wheel for a TA22 usually has a leather surround and a different centre to the LT version.
I'll scan a pic of it from my TA22 GT owners manual when I get a chance.

Simon
http://users.chariot.net.au/~stmezz/celica.htm
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon5.gif  Re: TA22 GT steering wheel Sat, 09 August 2003 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude,

That doesn't look like any GT stearing wheel I have seen or heard of ????

The Jap spec GT stearing wheels were leather bound as were the gear knobs. Japan was also the only place that got the early GT's. (In the US they were an ugly 4 spoke thing.)

I'll have to check my info but I am sure they were all leather bound ? Unless ita real early Jap one ?? (Anything is possible)

Nice centre badge tho ? Haven't seen that before ???

Other than the centre badge its just a 71-72 TA22 Wheel. All the pre 73 Celicas have those 6 discs on them. Where did the wheel come from ??
ddeane
Regular

June 2002
Re: TA22 GT steering wheel Sat, 09 August 2003 20:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rod

The wheel was (is) fitted to a Ferrino that I picked up in Sydney the other week. Was reassured that it was a GT wheel. Knew that you guys would sort me real quick if it was not. (Actually Chuck told me to send you a piccy, but that was too easy) Looks like I will just have to hang it up on the wall with the rest of the stuff.

By the way does the Cressida know that you have been looking at later model stuff - if its like any of my cars thats going to get you a breakdown real soon.

Craig
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon5.gif  Re: TA22 GT steering wheel Tue, 12 August 2003 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Craig,

I'm not saying it definatly not a GT wheel just that it doesn't fill any of the descriptions I am familiar with. It could be a a JDM first release GT wheel. It is deffinatly off a 71 or 72 model TA22. How good is that centre badge ?? I have never seen anything other than the Dragon boat Celica Emblem in there ??????

TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: TA22 GT steering wheel Wed, 13 August 2003 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Some one must have done the GT cetnre badge themselves. None of the info or pics I have shows this badge.
I'll post pics of the genuine GT wheel on my site shortly. At least the one from the TA22 GT, 1974 model.
Most Jap spec wheels have a leather surround and different horn setup.

Simon
http://users.chariot.net.au/~stmezz/celica.htm
ddeane
Regular

June 2002
Re: TA22 GT steering wheel Thu, 14 August 2003 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rodney

Next toymods event that I get to I will bring the wheel and you can have a look. (or I will give it to Chuck if I am not going)

Craig
ddeane
Regular

June 2002
Re: TA22 GT steering wheel Thu, 14 August 2003 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rodney

Have you seen my new toy?

Attachment: ferrino-small.jpg
(Size: 91.66KB, Downloaded 61 time(s))
Attachment: ferrino-small.jpg
(Size: 91.66KB, Downloaded 43 time(s))

thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: TA22 GT steering wheel Thu, 14 August 2003 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Craig,

Mate I have only ever seen 1 other Ferino kit and it was of adverage construction Sad

It did however have me very curios as to how much one ways and they are not a bad kit when looked after and put together properly.

Where the hell did you manage to find it ?? From the pic it looks like its a nicelyu assembled one.

ddeane
Regular

June 2002
Re: TA22 GT steering wheel Fri, 15 August 2003 02:53 Go to previous message
Rodney

Picked it up in Sydney few weeks ago. It was on a property of the Putty Road. I think that I paid a bit much for it but is came with a 'new' 2t engine and bits including recon radiator, all of the front bits of the old ta22 - bonnet, guards, etc. The car was last regoed in 1988. I will move all of this including the engine.

The kit has been put together real well. There are a few things that I want to get changed and will wait for my panel beater son
to return from o'seas later in the year. Not sure what I will do mechanically, the initial intention was to move the stuff off my TA23, but I am still thinking that through - would love to put in a 1u. I would also like to lift the wheel arches to align more with the look of the 328.

As for weight - they have to lose lots. On ons and offs the rear would be the same. The front would have to be down lots. Bonnet, guards, grill and all of the stuff in it. The glass front would not be more that 10 or so Kg.

I will also repaint it in white.

Craig
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Ke25 stuff For Sale !
Next Topic:18" BBS wheels
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 18 03:54:27 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0063319206237793 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.