Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
gabe
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Best turbo for rwd 3s-gte Mon, 18 August 2003 05:08 Go to next message
Just curious as to peoples ideas on the best turbo for a street driven 3s-gte sprinter that will see a little track work.
rough prices would be good also.......
  Send a private message to this user    
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Best turbo for rwd 3s-gte Mon, 18 August 2003 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it really depends on what power u are after... but a high flowed ct26 should satify for a while!!!
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Best turbo for rwd 3s-gte Mon, 18 August 2003 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm looking at a 450hp GT30 turbo. I heard they are rated at a MAX figure, so with that kind of turbo would probably be looking at 250 rwkw? Which is around where I'm trying to get mine to.

They go for around the 2k mark.

Also, I was thinking of a HKS 2835 turbo, i've seen these on sr20det engines (same size, so figure similar results), and they were making figures up around 260rwkw.

Cheers
Joel
gabe
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Best turbo for rwd 3s-gte Mon, 18 August 2003 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TurboRA28 ---> that price, is it a new turbo or secondhand??
also, did you get that quote from somewhere i can call and have a chat to someone??
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Best turbo for rwd 3s-gte Mon, 18 August 2003 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey mate, yeah that was new price for the GT30.

The HKS items are a lot more expensive, and thats around the secondhand price they go for (2k).

I'm pretty sure that quote was from a place called Turbo Logic in Sydney, but i'll confirm that tomorrow when at work and will try and find no. for you.

Cheers,
Joel
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Best turbo for rwd 3s-gte Mon, 18 August 2003 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For that application I'd probably be looking at some of the different GT25 turbos available. They are smaller than the GT30 by a fair bit, and probably give you a better midrange. A few of them are rated around 450hp such as the GT25R. Would be perfect for a street car or track car.

Failing that, you could pick up an HKS GT2530 (or GT2540) second hand in good condition. They would be nice too.
gabe
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Best turbo for rwd 3s-gte Mon, 18 August 2003 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joel, a contact number would be muchly appreciated when u get a chance.
JCMF any idea on a dollar amount on a GT25R or one of the HKS units u mentioned??
Cheers Fellas
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Best turbo for rwd 3s-gte Mon, 18 August 2003 15:21 Go to previous message
This site is Hikari, great guys to deal with, they have one GT2540R, this appears to be a Garrett version, and not the HKS one:
http://hikariperformance.com/new_turbo_engingparts .htm

They also have some second-hand gear:
http://hikariperformance.com/used_turbo_enginepart s.htm

They usually have more stock than that, they are always getting stuff in though.

The only price I saw for a GT25R was through Cypher Industries, but they wanted their usual inflated price for them. I think $2900 was around the money.

Food for thought.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:anyone recommend a good Diff Shop in Sydney ?
Next Topic:RA28 Caster
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 21 10:11:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.003972053527832 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.