Toymods » Tech & Conversions » How strong are the F (7.5") series LSD diff's

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
AbaddonGZE
Regular

July 2002

How strong are the F (7.5") series LSD diff's Mon, 18 August 2003 09:16 Go to next message
Perhaps some of the 1J cressida gentry could help me with this one.... although I seem to remember that wild single turbo MZ-21 soarer in zoom was having diff issues.

Also has anyone done a G (8") series conversion on a MA-61?... a few models came with both diff's in differnt spec.. (ie MA70 NA was F and turbo G.. same with MZ20 and MZ21 (soarer na and turbo)) so it MIGHT be possible.
  Send a private message to this user    
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: How strong are the F (7.5") series LSD diff's Mon, 18 August 2003 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dunno where you got your info, but ALL Mk3 Supra's have G series diffs, even the non-turbo and 1G versions.

As for the F series diff, mine hasn't broken yet after many months of abuse from a 400hp 2JZ, so they can't be too bad!
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: How strong are the F (7.5") series LSD diff's Mon, 18 August 2003 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep both the f and g series are bulletproof. Theres an ma70 in sydney (i think)owned by a fella called seb whos running a g series and is pulling 532 RWKW, or 712 RWHP. And it and the r154 hold up nicely.
Im keeping the f313 behind my 302 with confidence, but i may have to change to a taller ratio than 3.9 Also keeping my w58.

[Updated on: Mon, 18 August 2003 10:36]

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: How strong are the F (7.5") series LSD diff's Mon, 18 August 2003 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The wild old school Soarer in Zoom was an MZ11, which did have an F-series diff. It was tired though and having to deal with something like 500hp worth of Sard (or was it Blitz) aftermarket turbo'ed 1JZ.

Norbie's diff is a good example of how strong they are, his was tired before the 2JZ. SUPRAGTE has been driving around with his 400hp+ 7MGTE Supra as well and after getting the LSD all tightened up, his has been going strong, even with his mucho-wide rear tyres.
ma61_turbo
Regular

June 2002

Re: How strong are the F (7.5") series LSD diff's Mon, 18 August 2003 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unlike Norbie, I've already gone through a diff in my 7m-gte ma61. Although I suspect the diff was rooted anyway. The one I replaced it with is much better and hasn't broken yet, it doesn't clunk for one thing.

Saying all that a friend of mine went through 3 in his 5m-e powered ma61, so I guess it all depends on how looked after, or in his case not, the diff has been with prev owners etc
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: How strong are the F (7.5") series LSD diff's Tue, 19 August 2003 00:59 Go to previous message
the only problem with mine prior to taking it out while im doing my conversion, was the clunking whenever you let the clutch out (not dumping it!) from a stand still...it made a massive clunk from play in the diff centre. The r&p will need to be replaced anyway.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4A-GE into early VW Golf ???
Next Topic:4AGE into sprinter help
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 22:21:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057899951934814 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.