Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Ribbo
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

insurance crash Wed, 10 July 2002 23:23 Go to next message
Just a question if u had 3rd party property insurance and u crashed into someone and ur car is not drivable and needs to be towed, does it have to go to the impound thing for the insurance people to look at?
or can u get it towed home?
its not full comprehencive so they wouldn't need to check out your damage.

The reason I ask is if I put a turbo on and still had all the N/A gear at home.
Then had a crash without telling insurance u had a turbo so after crash u just take turbo off?
  Send a private message to this user    
Toby AE82 Twin
Regular

July 2002
Re: insurance crash Wed, 10 July 2002 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like it could work.

You should ring an insurance company and ask them what happens to your car in the case it is undrivable and can you take it home to fix it up.

Let me know.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: insurance crash Thu, 11 July 2002 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also just so you know. If you do what you are talking about and get cought, you will get a massive fine and/or go to jail! So be very careful!

I know someone that did this and his fine was close to 10k and he also got 3 months in jail! In turn he lost his job and house!

faulksy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: insurance crash Thu, 11 July 2002 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its your car mate you can have it towed anywhere you like. The tow truck driver will always try to take you back to his crash shop. That why he might get the job or the very least get some sought of storage fee out of you. They will always try and say that the car has to go to there place but your able to have to a crash shop or any other place of your choice.
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: insurance crash Thu, 11 July 2002 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In the case that you only have 3rd party property damage insurance and the accident is your fault, you can take your car where ever you like as you will be paying for the damages to your car and the insurance Co will be paying to fix the other persons car. If the accident is not your fault its the other guys insurance that is paying for it so it shouldnt matter what you have or havent done to the car.
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon1.gif  Re: insurance crash Thu, 11 July 2002 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Quote:

If the accident is not your fault its the other guys insurance that is paying for it so it shouldnt matter what you have or havent done to the car.

We been through this before... umm... let's say ur car is not registered, and it gets in an accident (other persons fault) their insurance company will find whatever reason NOT to pay fo your car to get fixed - so i THINK it does matter what has been done to your car.

Thats right, we were talking about not engineering cars and getting into an accident where we you not at fault.
Ribbo
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: insurance crash Thu, 11 July 2002 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't see how u could get caught?
do the cops check under your bonnet if u have a crash and write in a report that u have a turbo?

in the case of someone running into u, well once again just take it home and put the N/A stuff in?

all you would have to do is take exhaust manifold off and put the old one back on.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: insurance crash Thu, 11 July 2002 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like doing a dodgy to me - Why risk yourself running stuff you shouldnt .. If you have an accident - and the insurance company doesnt know whats in your car they will screw you over - big time

On top of that if your car causes an accident - and you cant drive it home - it will be looked at most likely - once again - no declaration of turbo - your fecked

In an ideal world you should look at noting the turbos and stuff - least you know your covered - if the premiums to high for a turbo at your age - well , either suck it in - take off the turbo's and waitr till your eligible for cover - or find a insurance company that covers you and pay for the priviliage.

I know personally - that my isnurance company covers any modification imake to my car as long as its legal and declared ..

I drive a ta22 - with a sligtly detuned drag motor in it - with suspension mods , seat mods - and other bolt on engine mods and i haver no issues at all for cover, i just call them up - say ive done say a carb modification , or camming, they check their books to see if it needs engineering aproval - if so i get a plate - if not - they note it on my policy and off i go ( note im with shannons - 23 yo with a good driving record, and one claim )
Ribbo
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: insurance crash Thu, 11 July 2002 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im pretty sure the insurance company would be fine with the turbo but.... my problem is getting it engineered so it is road legal for the insurance.

I wouldn't pass the emissions test with my microtech digi 1...well so I have been told by the guy who tuned my car.
I asked if id pass emissions with the 4age and he said NO.
so there would be no way id pass with a turbo too.
SmellyTofu
Regular

May 2002
Re: insurance crash Thu, 11 July 2002 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've heard if you are caught for insurance fraud, you will have a permanent black mark against your name and it will be hard to find insurance ever again.

If you can't afford insurance for the car, then you probably can't afford the car in the first place.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: insurance crash Sun, 14 July 2002 12:36 Go to previous message
Yeah, I reckon it'd be better just to inform the insurance people of what you have. The extra you will have to pay will be worth the hassle if ever things do come a cropper... Nod
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:You know you want to vote!
Next Topic:OT: Veilside
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 03:16:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0043859481811523 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.