Toymods » Tech & Conversions » TA22 Indicators and 2TG Tensioner

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
casey
Occasional Poster

March 2003

icon5.gif  TA22 Indicators and 2TG Tensioner Tue, 19 August 2003 02:34 Go to next message
My TA22's indicators don't turn themselves off when the steering wheel is re-centered, I have to turn them off manually. Is this normal for TA22s or are they rooted?

Also, my tech manuals talk about a back stroke for the No 2 chain tensioner (the one that sticks out the drivers side of the engine), but there is none. It's solid as a rock. I took the tensioner out and inspected it and it seems solid with no moving parts. Time for a new tensioner? How much of a difference does it make to the running of the engine?

Thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
KING_22
Regular

August 2003
Re: TA22 Indicators and 2TG Tensioner Tue, 19 August 2003 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It seems that some TA's have automatic turn off indicators and some dont. I have two of them and one does and the other doesn't. But i have found with the one that does, the position of the steering wheel does have something to do with it. Just play around with the steering wheel and eventually you'll hget it right. That what i did. A bit of trial and error never hurt anyone. Hope that helps.
casey
Occasional Poster

March 2003

Re: TA22 Indicators and 2TG Tensioner Tue, 19 August 2003 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks King... Does this mean that if my 22 doesn't have auto-offs I can put them in from another model?
KING_22
Regular

August 2003
Re: TA22 Indicators and 2TG Tensioner Tue, 19 August 2003 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm not sure about that. never tried. I have had 6 TA22's and only one or two of them had auto turn offs, but i dont know if all the others were just busted or what. I just learned to live with it.
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: TA22 Indicators and 2TG Tensioner Tue, 19 August 2003 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Casey,

Its a common problem for the two small pins that cancel the indicators to break off. Or more commonly be left off when fitting a sports stearing wheel.

Is our a stock wheel or an after market one ? Either way it should be easily fixed.
casey
Occasional Poster

March 2003

Re: TA22 Indicators and 2TG Tensioner Tue, 19 August 2003 11:05 Go to previous message
Definitely aftermarket...

The thing is so damn small I have to duck down to see the indicators (which is a pain cos if I have music on and can't hear the indicators, I can't see the dash indicators peripherally)... Several times I've done several hundred metre or even kilometre stretches with an indicator on... Embarassed Rolling Eyes
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:N/A exhaust diameter and decreasing diameters vs flow.
Next Topic:Silicon Coating on Tyres?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 3 16:16:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0064480304718018 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.