Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale!!! price drop $8,000

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
butthead012
Occasional Poster

April 2003
1985 ae86 Trueno for sale!!! price drop $8,000 Wed, 20 August 2003 10:24 Go to next message
hi all!
I need to sell my car soon...now with a new price...
so pls mail me if u are interested.

1985 model
4age twin cam 16v 130hp version "not 115hp version"
front vented discbrake
rear disc
oil cooler
K&N filter
15" wheels with RE711 rear tyres
just change engine oil recently
engine done 102300k kms on the clock today
fully jap spec interior
custom muffler with silencer
GABshcoks
king spring
sun roof
car alarm
Pioneer cd player + 2 6x9 sony exploid speakers
no rust

want for $8,800! or near offer...
mail me red_ae86@yahoo.com
will send pics...

[Updated on: Fri, 07 November 2003 18:08]

Send a private message to this user    
TRD16L
Occasional Poster

February 2003
Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale or trade!!! Wed, 20 August 2003 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey could i have pics sent to neo_lau@hotmail.com
thanks
luckycup
Occasional Poster

July 2003
Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale or trade!!! Wed, 20 August 2003 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does it have lsd?

man, all the ae86 are selling like crazy here now, the initial d is finally wearing off and ppl start to realise its ........... car Laughing
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale or trade!!! Wed, 20 August 2003 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the all important LSD... Smile

BTW.
Don't think anyone is going to do a clean swap on a civic type R.

For starters, genuine civc Type R's came in the Ek model onwards. a standard wimpy gli EK is more than 10k for sure.

The integras available in the type R's are way more than that price also.

you MAY find a rough 180sx tho...
Just sell the car a little cheaper, save a little more, and get a series V RX dude!
rock on.
luckycup
Occasional Poster

July 2003
Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale or trade!!! Wed, 20 August 2003 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe i dont know much about lsd, but all i know its the first question everyone ask just b/c everyone knows its hard to find.
yeah you wont get a civic type r or a dc2 type r, not for a trueno, maybe last year, but now.....

yeah like shcao said, sell it cheap and get a Lancer GLI like all overseas student in melb do Razz Laughing

good luck with the sale though, maybe an initial d freak will buy it.
benmeyer
Regular

October 2002

Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale or trade!!! Thu, 21 August 2003 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man that game rocks
sprintin
Regular

January 2003
Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale or trade!!! Thu, 21 August 2003 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why are you selling and where are you located?

Cheers..
AE86Boy
Regular

July 2003
Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale or trade!!! Thu, 21 August 2003 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey mate
what state and area are you in?
please send pics and if all goes well i"ll let you know asap.
thanks.
Very Happy
WANTED_AE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale or trade!!! Thu, 21 August 2003 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Laughing Laughing HahahahHAhaa everyone is sellin crazy with their Hachi Roku's and Go's thats right Initial D is wearing out!!! i had a Hachi Go (Aus Spec) quite a while a go not to mention the car is not bad, Sigh i missed those cute lil stock Cross Buns rims, i sold mine a month ago Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad

I GOTTA CHANGE MY NAME (wanted_ae86)
butthead012
Occasional Poster

April 2003
Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale or trade!!! Thu, 21 August 2003 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for all ur replies...

If i were gonna swap with a Type R of course i will pay the balance out of the car! for example the r is for about 30k then i will pay the balance though...cheers...

I'm from Victoria...anything just email me ...
supertran
Occasional Poster

September 2002
Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale or trade!!! Thu, 21 August 2003 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Buddy,
Your emails full can't send you my reply.
let me know when you have feel space so i can resend.

can you leave me your number?

cheers,
Very Happy
_Why_
Regular

February 2003
Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale or trade!!! Thu, 21 August 2003 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
he still wants 10.5???

good luck...

i've seen this car Confused
supertran
Occasional Poster

September 2002
Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale or trade!!! Thu, 21 August 2003 19:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorri I mean let me know when your mail box has free space and i'll resend my reply. Very Happy
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale or trade!!! Fri, 22 August 2003 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tell us more
_Why_ wrote on Fri, 22 August 2003 00:11

he still wants 10.5???

good luck...

i've seen this car Confused

_Why_
Regular

February 2003
Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale or trade!!! Fri, 22 August 2003 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i can't... if ur interested in the car go see it and go make up your own mind on the car... i dun wanna ruin anyones sale... but the car is worth going to look at before rushing into anything at that price... thats all i say....
butthead012
Occasional Poster

April 2003
Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale or trade!!! Sun, 24 August 2003 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So anyone? price is negotiable...!!!
pls tell me how much u guys want and i will think about the price.....
Truzeno
Regular

February 2003
Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale or trade!!! Sun, 24 August 2003 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So this is just an Aust spec sprinter with trueno nose
or an imported JDM Trueno?
_Why_
Regular

February 2003
Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale or trade!!! Sun, 24 August 2003 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
butthead012 wrote on Sun, 24 August 2003 21:53

So anyone? price is negotiable...!!!
pls tell me how much u guys want and i will think about the price.....

its JDM import...
DrExTc
Regular

August 2003
      nah
Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale or trade!!! Sun, 24 August 2003 16:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh ok, could u post pics up here plse?
evilshyt
Regular

November 2002
Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale or trade!!! Mon, 25 August 2003 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey,

if its a jdm import with rear disc brakes,
that means it probably has a jap-spec rear axle featuring LSD!
(or at least the capacity to fit LSD blocks)
for 10.5, that aint so bad...

but you know, you ought to post some pics if you're trying to sell anything online.

what colour is it? panda two-tone by any chance? Surprised
_Why_
Regular

February 2003
Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale or trade!!! Mon, 25 August 2003 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it has no LSD... previous owner removed it

red/black two tone...

i had pics but i lost themm

sorry butthead...

p.s: seems like i'm seeling this car doesnt it? Laughing
butthead012
Occasional Poster

April 2003
Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale or trade!!! Mon, 25 August 2003 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehehe! Laughing hey _Why_ what's the lowest offer? u sound like the owner and not me...anyway thanks...WHO ARE U? have i seen u b4?

just to be honest the car has no lsd, the previos owner took it off for some reason! SORRY! other than that it's an import with j-spec interior and exterior. It's an red/black two tone...the car is in very good condition and hardly drive!

i don't have clear pics, i will post more clearer pics soon!
pls be patient.

Attachment: Dsc00737.jpg
(Size: 89.30KB, Downloaded 1034 time(s))
Attachment: Dsc00734.jpg
(Size: 50.35KB, Downloaded 806 time(s))
Attachment: Dsc00731.jpg
(Size: 54.79KB, Downloaded 740 time(s))

J-AE86
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale!!! (with pics) Mon, 25 August 2003 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
woah thats not an official panda job is it the back is wrong i think the black is suppose to go where the numberplate too is and not stop under the lights. any how nice car
_Why_
Regular

February 2003
Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale!!! (with pics) Mon, 25 August 2003 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no butthead... u havn't met me... but i've met u... hehe get it? i've seen ur trueno before... when u were selling last time i saw it some where and went to go look at it...

the lowest offer seems to be pretty low... i remember someguy was gonna offer 1 grand @_@...

i'd buy it off u, but not quiet for the figure ur asking... pm if u wanna discuss it more... but thats coz i need the rest of that money to fix it up...

pics look nice... but ur paint job at the rear is still wrong... but nothing major... if i don't buy it... good luck...

[Updated on: Mon, 25 August 2003 07:45]

Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale!!! (with pics) Mon, 25 August 2003 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll offer 3grand...and i'll ship the car myself..
let me know.. Smile
butthead012
Occasional Poster

April 2003
Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale!!! (with pics) Mon, 25 August 2003 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no thanks buddy!

anymore offer? pls give a reasonable offer...cheers
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale!!! (with pics) Mon, 25 August 2003 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If it is an import, then it'll probably be a GTV, not a GT-APEX.
There is no front lip.
The interior color gives it away.
Also, the apex twin cam 16 sticker is grey on a red panda GT APEX

Also, the panda job looks the same as ID boy Charles black/white two tone (before he patched it up). Was it done by the same person?
Finally, what happened to the JDM rear bumper?

I offer you 5k btw, I just realised the accident on the right headlight area, and trueno bits are sooopa doopa expensive to get and you'll have to wait a while.

[Updated on: Mon, 25 August 2003 10:28]

evilshyt
Regular

November 2002
Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale!!! (with pics) Mon, 25 August 2003 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm...
that wasn't what i was expecting.
sorry to say this, but i seriously do not think its a JDM vehicle. what ppl have posted up are all correct.
- incorrect paint job, doesn't look japanese and definitely not GT-Apex
- damaged
- nice twin cam 16 decal... but its the wrong colour!

i've got a few more points to add to that:
- thats an aus-spec style rear bumper (thats not even gtv nor AE85!)
- from the pics, it looks like you've got rear drum brakes, not rear disc brakes - this means its no better off than Aus-spec rear axle, and you won't be able to fit an lsd block (as i previously thought)
- the jap spec AE86's have number plates lights fitted onto the rear panel (between the tailights) which leaves holes next to the plates when the units are taken off. you clearly don't have the holes.

so... its either a european vehicle or an aus spec 86 fitted with japanese bits. i'm willing to bet the latter, and rekon you'll have aussie VIN plates inside your engine bay.

sorry dude, but i rekon you shouldn't expect much more than around 5-6K.

good luck with sale.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale!!! (with pics) Mon, 25 August 2003 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehehe

ive been lurking on this and i agree with evilshyt and others who point out quite valid errors with the cars appearance

this car is not JDM or it is a very dodgy repair of a JDM vehicle
also one might care to check for other jdm features if inspecting the car to buy
check for VIN plates also

theres lots of cars in japan like this, ddgy swaps and SR ae85's with ae86 features and badging, but missing the certain things

just adding some info so no-one buys it and finds out other wise
good luck with the sale
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale!!! (with pics) Mon, 25 August 2003 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's still a two-tone TRUENO nonetheless fellas.

give hime some credit Smile
all the best with the sale hey.
my offer is still on the table.
Truzeno
Regular

February 2003
Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale!!! (with pics) Mon, 25 August 2003 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm, I was suspicious of that.. that is why I asked if it was JDM.
Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale!!! (with pics) Mon, 25 August 2003 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well guys...i've just learn something today...never judge by the car through the words it is described..go see yourself and u will see what's not explained....

just my experience
luckycup
Occasional Poster

July 2003
Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale!!! (with pics) Mon, 25 August 2003 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
comon boys, dont have to devalue the trueno like that Smile (as we all want one hehe), this car (ignoring the trueno nose) is still a AE86 with a 4age which is worth about $4-5k (check the other for sale threads) atleast, then add in the trueno nose, which is worth about $2.5k ( i think ), then the two tone, even though its not perfect thats worth abit, and dont forget the other extras which is much more than you will get than a shitty auspec stocka that is going for a ridiculus $3.5k (average now), thats adding atleast another $1k (alarm, jdm interior, sunroof, cd player etcc) . For sure the car is worth about $8,000 "atleast" due to initial d labelling.

everyone is putting NEGATIVE comments in his thread and try to put a "good luck with the sale" at the end in hoping to make peace.... why, just b/c its a trueno Twisted Evil that we all want for a bargain price. Dream on.

Anyway my bank account gives me a max offer of $6k Sad so i better off dreaming Razz

Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale!!! (with pics) Mon, 25 August 2003 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree in that a more realistic price would be around the $6-7k mark. It is still a Trueno so it will command a higher price over a normal aussie Levin.

Rear paint has been done wrongly and I doubt it's as simple as painting over it - you will probably have to do the whole paintjob again to get the lines right. Ppl who haven't seen many AE86 pictures will be unable to tell the difference.

Incidentally, here's another pic of a panda job gone wrong - notice how the black line's too high? Amazing that lots of ppl rushed to bid for this Ebay item cuz of the special writing on its side ... Confused

http://www.members.optushome.com.au/magneticrose/ghi-4_B.jpg
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale!!! (with pics) Mon, 25 August 2003 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
god thats horrible
butthead012
Occasional Poster

April 2003
Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale!!! (with pics) Mon, 25 August 2003 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so? anyone??? Rolling Eyes
butthead012
Occasional Poster

April 2003
Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale!!! (with pics) Mon, 25 August 2003 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't care what others say all i want is to sell my car guys... btw thanks for all ur comments Cool
butthead012
Occasional Poster

April 2003
Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale!!! (with pics) Mon, 25 August 2003 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the VIN states that it's an AE86...so that's what i just want to say... other than that it has disc brakes all over front and rear! the number plate bracket is the early model trueno type so it's diff from the late model...

Any more comments or offer? i need to sell it soon cos i'm in need of CASH...
bootheman
Regular

March 2003

Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale!!! (with pics) Mon, 25 August 2003 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey bit of topic but im intrested in your rims. what style/rims are they and are u in doncaster?

cos i think i brought my obx seats of u Smile adrian?
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale!!! (with pics) Mon, 25 August 2003 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the number plate lights were ALWAYS around the plate itself on a JDM.

they only had lights mounted on the bumper for European export (the number plates were too damn big).

Besides, your car states that it's a 1985, so it should have the so called 'late model' lights.

come to think of it, cause it's an 85, it should have a kouki front, not a zenki.
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale!!! (with pics) Tue, 26 August 2003 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the AE86 specialists have arisen Laughing

I've seen, been and driven this car back when it was first imported to Sydney, and yes it's JDM.

But it just saddens me of how it has been passed on and 'raped' by all the owners since. It really is depressing to see a car of such degree turn out the way it is, getting 'de-Japanesed' and modified in the wrong hands.

I'm not pointing any fingers butthead012, but it's just a shame that this car must be explained and sussed out so much just to make a sale. Rolling Eyes

'Good Luck with the sale' Laughing
evilshyt
Regular

November 2002
Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale!!! (with pics) Tue, 26 August 2003 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioslaver, i'm curious as to how you determined that it's JDM, because it still looks aus-spec featuring JDM bits to me.

i was hoping to see this one, which i've started to see around melbourne recently, and found in a park the other day. (its kinda weird tho how it had no plates nor registration)

this one looked fully restored... right down to the little decals on the sides, and fitted with windvisors too! (like takumi). it also had rear disc brakes (if its really a jdm, this means it'll have LSD).

interior is actually brown with a red streak running through the walls, and the rear compartment looks like a lounge like in the trueno catalogs at club4ag. it even the authentic 'toyota' jdm AE86 steering wheel. in short, it looks like it came out of one of those catalogs! one weird thing about this car though was that it had only one JDM Kouki AE86 bucket seat at the front Confused

http://members.optushome.com.au/jonny/front.jpg http://members.optushome.com.au/jonny/sideprofile.jpg http://members.optushome.com.au/jonny/driverside.jpg http://members.optushome.com.au/jonny/rear.jpg

this red trueno's interior looked kinda... creamy??

compared to that white panda trueno, this red one seems rather NQR
evilshyt
Regular

November 2002
Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale!!! (with pics) Tue, 26 August 2003 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm... if that red trueno's worth 10.5k, i'd hate to think how much this one would be worth?? Confused
papercut
Regular

April 2003
Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale!!! (with pics) Tue, 26 August 2003 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmmm...i thought Trueno's had 'TRUENO' written on the mudflaps instead of 'TOYOTA' Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Tue, 26 August 2003 03:48]

truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale!!! (with pics) Tue, 26 August 2003 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
those rims on the panda trueno are rather nice! there is a trueno nose cone for sale on these threads for $1200 so that adds a fair bit of value!
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale!!! (with pics) Tue, 26 August 2003 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
regardless wheather it is genuine or not trueno nose cones are no cheap thing!
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale!!! (with pics) Tue, 26 August 2003 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This red trueno had genuine Watanabe RS8's on the car when i saw it, and looked very different to what it looks like from the photos. I can't remember the exact details of the car (going back about 1 year) but it certainly convinced me in person that it was JDM - had LSD.

Oh, the keyhole on the fuel flap is another giveaway. It could have been the previous owner's ignorance or just my evaluation, but this car was said to be imported and it certainly fooled me if it was Aus-spec Rolling Eyes

evilshyt -you saw that white trueno parked 'in a park' ?? and took photos?!?!! wow, how kind of the owner to park it so nicely for snappies Laughing
_Why_
Regular

February 2003
Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale!!! (with pics) Tue, 26 August 2003 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
butthead.. my offers still on the table too... i'll push it higher.. if someone challanges it... but i won't go much higher than that on my own...

u know what my bid is... its ur higest by far... keep it in mind... i've allready told u why u won't get what ur asking...

thanks
evilshyt
Regular

November 2002
Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale!!! (with pics) Tue, 26 August 2003 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioslaver,

i dunno what that keyhole thingy on the red trueno is all about, i just know what i see in jdm catalogs.

admittedly, the pic below shows a trueno sedan, but clearly you don't see a keyhole on that trueno. i couldn't find a suitable 3door trueno in an angle that would show the fuel flap.

http://members.optushome.com.au/jonny/jdm.JPG

and yes, it was very nice of the owner to have had the car in the park. those pics were taken by chance on a digital camera i keep in the car. i just so happened to have passed it in a suburban park close to the city... i wouldn't have been surprised if the owner lived in the area cos the houses right around the park were all close. and there were many more cars around.

audioslaver, i can give you more JDM trueno pics if you'd like... that rear bumper bar, and the missing plate lights (and plate light holes) on the red trueno still bothers me. i was interested in the beginning, but now i'm unsure.

anyway, how did you check for LSD if you don't mind my asking?

[Updated on: Tue, 26 August 2003 04:17]

ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale!!! (with pics) Tue, 26 August 2003 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah evilshyt, i'm on the same boat as you, I'm puzzled by the fact that the lights are on the bumper rather than on the SHELL of the car. The more I am thinkin back about this car, the more aus spec that it could have been.

But the only way to find out is to have a look under the bonnet Rolling Eyes
butthead012
Occasional Poster

April 2003
Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale!!! (with pics) Tue, 26 August 2003 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow! that's alot of comments...
is there any serious buyer here? i'm here not to receive msg that saying that my car is not a JDM or what so ever....!!!
Shocked
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale!!! (with pics) Tue, 26 August 2003 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
butthead012 wrote on Tue, 26 August 2003 15:01

wow! that's alot of comments...
is there any serious buyer here? i'm here not to receive msg that saying that my car is not a JDM or what so ever....!!!
Shocked

Well it certainly helps if a clarification was made as to whether this car is a genuine real deal JDM import or just a run off-the-mill oz spec slammer with the goods- because there DEFINATELY is a variable difference in both quality and price of what is eventually to be paid! -and what goes into your pocket could weigh a hella lot more if you did your homework butthead012 Cool
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale!!! (with pics) Tue, 26 August 2003 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when an independent person from the boards sees the car then you will get real bids for the car cos people are unsure and are tentitive to bid into something they r not completely confident with
Truzeno
Regular

February 2003
Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale!!! (with pics) Tue, 26 August 2003 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont think anyone is trying to diss you or pull the plug on ya sale.
Everyone is trying to get to the bottom of its original, whether it is JDM or not.
As you said it was, alot think it is not.....
Reason for this is to determine what a worthy price to offer would be, or if it is a good deal at the $10,500 you want.

SO what is known about this mystery panda Trueno in Melbourne? unrego'd for sale?? Who owns?
J-AE86
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale!!! (with pics) Tue, 26 August 2003 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bahhh if you guys are keen on this car, go inspect it yourself, its no use flaming people on the net without actually seeing the car for yourself, its up to your judgement when you go see it whether its JDM or not, and see how much its worth, there is no use flaming another toymod member, if the owner wants to prove its JDM or not its up to him, its his sale, if he does it helps his sale, if not go judge for yourself its no use arguing over something like this, you can't judge just from pictures though,

my honest opinion is there is something fishy about that rear end, if you want to take it further and your interested go inspect the car and see for yourself Cool

_Why_
Regular

February 2003
Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale!!! (with pics) Tue, 26 August 2003 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i said it before

the best way to know as much asu u can about this car is to get check it ourself... its defently worth an inspection... but don't go there with to many high hopes... just be prepared that if u buy it, ur gonna have a lot of work...
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale!!! (with pics) Tue, 26 August 2003 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
papercut:
Quote:

hmmmm...i thought Trueno's had 'TRUENO' written on the mudflaps instead of 'TOYOTA'

I'm pretty sure I've seen a few JDM trueno's with toyota mudflaps.

Besides, mudflaps are deposable and very easily changed, so it doesn't suprise me that the mudflaps may have been replaced. Afterall, the car looks like it's been restored recently.

no doubt about it though, the car looks JDM. Look at the way the lighs are mounted onto the chassis. And notice the abscence of lights on the rear bar for the plates on au spec.
AE86 Levin Melbourne
Regular

May 2002
Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale!!! (with pics) Tue, 26 August 2003 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the car is a UK spec Levin with a Trueno Front cut...
The Wanatabe on the car were gone........
and the panda paint job was done wrongly by the previous owner..
if u guys beware enough, this car was the same one forsale about 9 months ago in Sydney in this forum...
cheers..
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale!!! (with pics) Tue, 26 August 2003 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahhh.. that makes total sense now..
that explains the rear bar
thanks 86levin melbourne...

trust the people in europe to have locks on their fuel tank covers.... the price of fuel is so expensive over there Smile
fergo308
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1985 ae86 Trueno for sale!!! (with pics) Tue, 26 August 2003 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
so it's come up again... this is the third time within a year this car has been up for grabs. what's so wrong with it guys?
or are you all buying it dreaming that you're Takumi?

this car is NOT JDM. it's an oz spec with a swapped in engine,diff,brakes,front end, and interior. I saw it when it was still in Sydney,it likely still has the plastic tanked radiator out of my gold single cam car in it,which I sold to the previous owner a couple of days before it went south.

it had watanabes on it last time I saw it,which turned up a few months later on here for sale separately...

if nothing's changed (again),it's a fairly clean car,but not worth $10k. the bodywork was average,the interior isn't spotless,and it has nothing amazing underneath.
a more realistic price is about $7k.

Justin...
Pages (3): [1  2  3  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:OFF TOPIC..TOYMOD FORUM
Next Topic:WANTED: Old school celica
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 03:45:04 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0092148780822754 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.