Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » car entusiast forum ...time for a level playing field

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ttsoarer
Regular

I supported Toymods

September 2002
car entusiast forum ...time for a level playing field Mon, 04 August 2003 05:17 Go to next message
While cruising on saturday night we were handed a leaflet talking about getting a group together to confront the problems faced by car enthusiasts at the moment. I signed the partition and thought no more about it. I then jumped in my car and headed for home to find the local council ranger stopping cars from visiting the spit !!It is amazing how much local councils and police are against car enthusiasts and all the bad publicity is not helping

I began to get my back up when this guy from the local shire council flatly
refused us entry back to the spit complex while allowing "normal" cars to pass .

This is crazy but it is happening !!!Are car enthusiasts rapists, Drunk Drivers orpeople driving complete heaps of junk that deserve to be defected ..NO i just enjoy going for a drive.

So what can be done ? Well one mother sick to death of whats hapening to her son has hired the Nambour civic centre and is asking for car enthusaists to attend with the POLICE and Dept of Transport.It is time the rights of car enthusiasts were spelled out and a level playing field gained. The designated hang out in maroocdore has never eventuated and its time for us to stand up and be counted and heard

if youre interested in this public forum please turn up at

venue
Nambour Civic Centre
centenary square
currie st
nambour
date 22 august
time 7.pm
cost gold coin donation ... the hall has cost a bucketload to hire

Please give it some thought as this effects all of us , not just on the sunnycoast
after the night there will be a huge cruise to mooloolaba ,whos comeing?
  Send a private message to this user    
manny_grk
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: car entusiast forum ...time for a level playing field Mon, 04 August 2003 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That sounds good but.
Say we get down there, and the cops have defect stations set up.
That would be really bad Mad .
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: car entusiast forum ...time for a level playing field Mon, 04 August 2003 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No offense intented here at all. But you are kidding yourself if you think you are gonig to have a level playing field and actually have your opinions and cases heard by police or the transport department.
ttsoarer
Regular

I supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: car entusiast forum ...time for a level playing field Mon, 04 August 2003 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DiZ_ wrote on Mon, 04 August 2003 15:30

No offense intented here at all. But you are kidding yourself if you think you are gonig to have a level playing field and actually have your opinions and cases heard by police or the transport department.

totally agree .... but
we have gota do something and its better that sitting around our our hands complaining

it is being done properly ,, 800 dollars to hire the hall with insurance ect ... all the correct politicians ect invited

lets see what hapens

DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: car entusiast forum ...time for a level playing field Mon, 04 August 2003 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
True , we can't win if we don't fight.
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: car entusiast forum ...time for a level playing field Mon, 04 August 2003 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frankly, what's needed is someone who understands what's going on to stand for Parliament (State) and attract enough of a vote from other similarly-minded people to actually win a seat...Perhaps then you "might" see action on some of the issues confronting modified car owners... *stresses "might"*
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: car entusiast forum ...time for a level playing field Mon, 04 August 2003 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the problem goes back for many yrs and will never get better due to afew idiots that want to spoil it for the rest of us

i know most people on here when they were young and on p's or just got hteir licence sometimes did burnouts n stuff when u are all in a big group
cause i did it to when i was young

whenever u get a group of 10 or 20 or even 30 cars hangin out there will usually be a hero in the crowd who wants to show off

and this is y they r so harsh

these days more jap cars are gettin modified and stuff so the problem is only gettin worse

there is prob nothin u can do bout it

unless u want to buy a piece of land build a carpark
build a food shop on it and have security guards every 5 meters
then nothin will happen

u will always have the 5% of idiots out there

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: car entusiast forum ...time for a level playing field Tue, 05 August 2003 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I will be there and I will tell all my friends to attend too.

I used to be on the committee for motorsports on the sunshine coast and had a few meetings with Peter Slipper and Joe Natoli, many promises were made of plans that were about to happen. As you can see, nothing ever did. I support your cause and I hope something comes of it!
ttsoarer
Regular

I supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: car entusiast forum ...time for a level playing field Thu, 07 August 2003 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bassaholic55 wrote on Tue, 05 August 2003 22:41

I will be there and I will tell all my friends to attend too.

I used to be on the committee for motorsports on the sunshine coast and had a few meetings with Peter Slipper and Joe Natoli, many promises were made of plans that were about to happen. As you can see, nothing ever did. I support your cause and I hope something comes of it!

excelent that would be great

well for an update
Well its confirmed there will be reps there from
local council, police , dept transport and federal pollies ---

now lets see if they listen !!
Now we need the support of car entusiasts to show were not a minority ,power to the people and all that !
see you there
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: car entusiast forum ...time for a level playing field Fri, 08 August 2003 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I bet you $10 that it'll be the loudest dickhead in there who will be the one people go away remembering, and everything he says will embarass you all...
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: car entusiast forum ...time for a level playing field Sun, 10 August 2003 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^^^^^^^

pesimist! Smile
7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: car entusiast forum ...time for a level playing field Sun, 10 August 2003 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1. Is this for real or a hoax?
2. Has this been promoted on other forums and to other car people?
ttsoarer
Regular

I supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: car entusiast forum ...time for a level playing field Mon, 11 August 2003 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
7M-Brisbane wrote on Sun, 10 August 2003 14:14

1. Is this for real or a hoax?
2. Has this been promoted on other forums and to other car people?

No its not a hoax ... a lot of hard work has gone into getting police , DEPT Transport and politicians there

Most of the advertising has been via fliers handed out around the traps on a weekend

other sites running threads are

ALSC http://www.lexus.australia.as/entry.htm
VIP http://vip.rigamortis.com
boostcruising... thread disapered ?
i just posted on the clubs im in
feel free to advertise it around the other sites

[Updated on: Mon, 11 August 2003 06:12]

ttsoarer
Regular

I supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: car entusiast forum ...time for a level playing field Sat, 16 August 2003 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well less than a week to go
it looks like this wil be the first meeting of an ongoing battle with council and the police

anyone who wants issues brought up or just wants to say i suport whats happening
visit http://cardebate.deadrelos.com
this is a forum set up purely to discuss what is happening and where we are going with the different govt agencies ..
ttsoarer
Regular

I supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: car entusiast forum ...time for a level playing field Fri, 22 August 2003 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well we got our firsty airing on tv last night

bugger me ! there was not one picture of a burn out or racing on the m1

we actually got praise from local council publically on tv for trying to work out answers to the problems we are all haveing

could have knocked me over with a empty stubby

well round 2 tonight , hope to see some of you there ,
if comeing from the south turn left at the cane train line in nambout and head the the car park ,, there will be signs
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: car entusiast forum ...time for a level playing field Fri, 22 August 2003 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I handed some more flyers out last night. I will be there in a white 88 soarer with a blue long sleeve shirt on.

nice to see, you got some tv coverage Smile
Rex_Kelway
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: car entusiast forum ...time for a level playing field Fri, 22 August 2003 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I for one would very much love to be there, and even speak to the point.

But i dont even live in the same state.

I have been racking my brain for a way to have my/the enthusiasts point of view heard and taken seriously by someone with some swing. But have come to the wall.

Please!!!,... Just dont let us come off as hoons, remember that you carry the weight of an entire culture on your shoulders and we need proper representation, otherwise we will be dismissed.

[Updated on: Fri, 22 August 2003 10:57]

Toy_Boy
Occasional Poster

November 2002
Re: car entusiast forum ...time for a level playing field Sat, 23 August 2003 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so how did it go last night guys?
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: car entusiast forum ...time for a level playing field Sun, 24 August 2003 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

well there were quite a few loud mouths there that just wanted to complain about how they got pulled over for this and that. Counsellor Joe Natoli was pretty good, he said that he was going to ask the council about setting up a carpark similar to BWCP in Maroochydore. This would be good, but still there is actually nowhere to race. Which isn't too good. Overall, it was alright though. I will write to Joe Natoli to see how his application goes soon.

later
chris
ttsoarer
Regular

I supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: car entusiast forum ...time for a level playing field Mon, 25 August 2003 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well had a meeting with the police minister and bob atkinson (police commander chief) yesterday and ran over the issues

We went throught all issues from the car park ,a race track south of caloundra turn off and i pushed the point of what happens if we get a good working relationship with the local police ... we dont want the boondall guys to come up and stuff it up ect

was all recieved well ,, and yes i was packin it .. Razz Razz Razz

next step is to see what happens at council and joe natoli is pushing hard for us

a genuine great bloke ... for a counciler

oh and sorry i didnt get a chance to meet you chris

i was the big guy handing the mike around

[Updated on: Mon, 25 August 2003 00:49]

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: car entusiast forum ...time for a level playing field Mon, 25 August 2003 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

good work champ!

I was the funny looking fella in dressy work clothes Smile blue shirt.

Keep us updated.

later
ttsoarer
Regular

I supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: car entusiast forum ...time for a level playing field Mon, 25 August 2003 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep i remeber ya i think
sitting in the middle towards the front?

also official figures
170 + officials throught the door on the night

i was impressed with the chris sang from the cops ... he told it straight , a real credit to him i reckon . considering he was in a position to cop a real bagging

[Updated on: Mon, 25 August 2003 03:29]

feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: car entusiast forum ...time for a level playing field Mon, 25 August 2003 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it sounds like a great idea, there needs to be more police/polititions and general public that understand that there is people that are car enthusiasts who love their car and appreciate the work done to it and not hoons.
the problem is that there is always some wanker that stuffs it up for everyone else. no matter if at an event or general get together at a car park.
keep up the good work guy's, i'm behind you.

Smile
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: car entusiast forum ...time for a level playing field Tue, 26 August 2003 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep that was me TTsoarer. was your car the white jzz30 with 1jz?? numberplates?

Oh yeah, and i had to laugh when that fella was talking about how the police were trying to book him for his "neon". That fella used to go to my school. Such a dick! he drives a non turbo subaru early 90's model with a fully sick T-wing and a neon up front! Smile
ttsoarer
Regular

I supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: car entusiast forum ...time for a level playing field Tue, 26 August 2003 22:03 Go to previous message
yep thats my tt
couldnt believe thode plates were still available Laughing Laughing Laughing

hope to see you at the car park when it opens
len
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:oldcorolla mailing list-How to reply?
Next Topic:Power Steering?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 06:43:44 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052590370178223 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.