Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
German
Occasional Poster

April 2003

acceleration problem Tue, 26 August 2003 14:47 Go to next message
Ok quick run down. I have a '87 sx celica, auto. Will be at a set of light's, take off, then I'd be in 2nd gear. Im accelerating in 2nd gear but then all of a sudden it starts to lose rpm, and I do not know what the problem is. This is basically happening in all gears, I said 2nd gear just so it would be easier to understand. Any ideas??

Damo
  Send a private message to this user    
bayka
Regular

I Supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: acceleration problem Tue, 26 August 2003 16:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does it happen all the time or only when you nail it?
That sounds fucked dude!
The way i see it, is if your losing rpm its one of 2 things
1. ignition/sparking
2. fuel supply

I don't know much about ur car man but can u give more detailed info?
Like did it just start happening all of a sudden , or gradual ?

What ur thoughts?
Confused
kayot1k
Regular

July 2003

icon9.gif  Re: acceleration problem Tue, 26 August 2003 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked
thats hectic my man.
im not sure if its related or not, but not long ago my auto transmission went wild. by this i mean the gear would change from say 1st to second. it was scary cus i'd be stretching 1st gear abit to long for too high of rpm. I think the cause if from the clogging of the filter in the transmission box i dont know.
i was told from a friend to get my transmission serviced. havent do so yet Laughing .
Anyway the other cause i was thinking was trying to be a manual down shifting and upshifting when racing with some other blokes on the road.
i havent done that for awhile and the gear are working perfectly now.
i know doing that is bad but its fun to see their faces when my auto goes wwoooooosh str8 pass them!!!
Daemion
Occasional Poster

February 2003

Re: acceleration problem Tue, 26 August 2003 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, prolly air or fuel supply, I've had clogged injectors do it.

Does it start running rough when it starts losing revs or is it just a gradual decline?
German
Occasional Poster

April 2003

Re: acceleration problem Wed, 27 August 2003 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I do give it a little every now and then, by this I do the auto gear in it when i do some driving. There have been quite a number of times that the car wouldn't change gear, from 1st to 2nd, this happens when it's cold and also when it's been running for awhile. It happens when I nail it(take of quickly) and when I also take off slowly.

sparking...I got the car like 4000kms ago and put brand new sparks in, they wouldn't have already stuffed up would they??

air supply..you men filter? If so, this has been playing up since I got the car, because of the rubber hose. The st162 was known for this and these days no-one has a replacement. I will be putting a steel version of the piping on soon, which should get rid of any leaks.

I was also thinking of getting the same model transmission and getting it reconditioned or getting a later model transmission (want more than 3 gears Laughing)
TA22-3SGTE
Regular

May 2002
Re: acceleration problem Wed, 27 August 2003 13:19 Go to previous message
OK that rubber hose your talking about maybe sucking in on full throttle when the revs get up and choking off .
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:thermostat which one??
Next Topic:1JZ plugs.. quick question
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 06:44:11 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053949356079102 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.