Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

My ma70 **new wheels! + pix** Wed, 27 August 2003 02:30 Go to next message
Well, I just bought my first car. Of course it had to be a toyota so I thought why not go for the Supra. And so I did. The mk IV was a bit out of my price range, so I had to settle for the mk III. Not that I really call it "settling" seeing as it is a beautiful car.

http://www.roblincolne.com/pix/DSC06218.jpg

http://www.roblincolne.com/pix/DSC06219.jpg

I plan to do a fair bit to it over the next year or so. Just fixing some problems with it at the moment. (eg injector spraying fuel on the block. Sad )

Let's see, what does it have:

Button Clutch (bit loose at the moment, but that is good as it helps me to get used to it Smile )
Electric Windows
Electric Mirrors
LSD (little bit loose, but only noticible if you really push it to it's limit)
Bilstien Adujstable Coilovers strut brace. Lowered about 30mm
Turbosmart BCV running at about 10psi
500hp Fuel Pump
Borbet 16'' Deep Dish low offset wheels
Re-Torqued head gasket (to 78 i think??)
Polished gearknob (I LOVE this. So nice to hold. Smile )
Alpine Flip Face Stereo (very nice indeed)
JBL speakers
Sansui Amp & MTX Subwoofer in box

NB. Thanks 7M - Brisbane. Beautiful car. Travelled up there last weekend to get it and then drove it back down.

[Updated on: Fri, 04 March 2005 03:42]

Send a private message to this user    
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: My ma70 Wed, 27 August 2003 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Let me be the first to congratulate you an a very fun and very fast car! Very Happy

(ps, spot the owner!) mwah ha

[Updated on: Wed, 27 August 2003 05:26]

Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: My ma70 Wed, 27 August 2003 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have to agree, nice car.
boj01
Regular

August 2003
Re: My ma70 Thu, 28 August 2003 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks like a real neat car mate. thinking of getting a big set of 20's or keeping the factory rims?? i wanted to buy a MA70 but have decided to hold onto my excel till the end of the year and import a 15 year old 1989 Jap car. cool car again champ, looks shmick as!
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: My ma70 Thu, 28 August 2003 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah mate. Definitely replace them. Actually looks pretty good as they have been highly polished. But I reckon I will eventually get some 18 inch chromies. Dont think any bigger than that will fit. Smile Very low.
rebbot
Regular

October 2003
Re: My ma70 Wed, 15 October 2003 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just got me a mkIII supra as well Very Happy but a ga70 Sad Did not have enough $$$ to get a decent ma70 around here...Trying really hard to squeeze the max out of my two small little turbos though Hahaha

Anyway...really nice ride, nice color too GrRrRrR
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: My ma70 Thu, 06 November 2003 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very niceu. dunno how i missed this one Evil or Very Mad
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: My ma70 Thu, 06 November 2003 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks guys. Very Happy

Yeah the colour is nice. But man alive it gets dirty. Smile
reddy sx
Regular

November 2003
Re: My ma70 Tue, 11 November 2003 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very sweet ride dude! Smile
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: My ma70 Tue, 11 November 2003 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks dude. I like it. Very Happy
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: My ma70 Tue, 11 November 2003 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey,

Nice Supra, im looking at getting a 86-89 gza70-TT next year but dont know if i can risk 3rd Party Insurance, Howmuch are you paying for insurance and what age?. They have awesome looking gen3 supras in america at the moment they have one with a 7mgt running 750 rwhp thats just crazy. I know about the headgasket problem and that its a bitch if not done properly, thats why i want the TT 1GZgte. Also does the car feel heavy?, i was thinking of getting a 180sx but i want to stick with Toyotas coz i know how tough and reliable they are and supras are more cruisers than lighter sport cars like silviasetc but with 200 to 250rwkw(what i want to acheive with my supra) anything is fast. Hope to see you in the upcoming cruises and meets so we can talk Supras.

These are Mark3 Supras 1986-1991, Top20 US:

WHP/TQ
1 730.5, 746.7 the fastlane
2 673.9, 659.2 HiPsiSupra
3 622.8, 635.7 ASL MKIII
4 534.8, 543.1 OB1JZA70
5 527.8*490.0 BlackDevilSupra
6 524.0, 493.5 Boosted Supra
7 523.8* SUPRAsized
8 520.8, 492.2 SupraspeedMKIII
9 505.4, 522.4 aljordan
10 496.6, 470.8 toypro
11 492.4, 455.X jt2ma71
12 479.1, 431.9 drjonez
13 471.1, 475.9 jza71
14 454.2, 474.2 jtamulis
15 445.2, 474.4 ZaZZn
16 440.2, 424.0 SupraTrey
17 435.5, 468.3 JBLMk3
18 435.0, 401.5 JG_XSBOOST
19 417.8, 428.8 Trent88T
20 411.7, 401.4 Mike Anderson

StephenT Smile

[Updated on: Tue, 11 November 2003 01:16]

Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: My ma70 Tue, 11 November 2003 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am 22. 3rd party with just car is $576 a year. You can forget about comp though. They quoted me $4750. Sad

The car does feel a little heavy when you start off, but you just keep the revs up and it's a dream. Around corners it's totally fine. I keep up with my brothers st162.

This car leaves 180sx etc in its dust every time. I have beaten 200sx and wrx's in it as well. And at the moment there are no serious performance mods at all.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: My ma70 Tue, 11 November 2003 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey mate, Thanx for the info. I cant beleive 3rd party for it is that reasonable i thought it would be more. Ill go third party and get a crazy brake/suspension upgrade and a tracker alarm system then advance driving course about 4 days which includes basics training and basic car racing techniques, that should keep me out of trouble HOPEFULLY. Im looking at the 1jz supra, I just talked to an Importer in Newcastle and he said you can get 220 rwkx with just higher boost and exhaust and he also said hes got a mate with a stock engine running 340 rwkw now that would be scary im aiming for 220 rwkw and hopefully run low 13z high 12z.

StephenT Smile
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: My ma70 Tue, 11 November 2003 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah you should be able to do that easy. Once I put my exhaust on and get some bigger tyres, I should be able to run a 13.5 1/4 mile. So not too bad for basically stock.

I think that guy was pulling your leg when he said 340rwkw with stock engine. There is just no way you could do it. You would need a whole heap of things (bigger fuel pump, oh, I cannot be bothered to list them all). Bascially it might be a "stock" engine, but it would have a heap of new stuff in it.

A 1jz would be awesome. I would love to drop one in my car. Very Happy

I have yet to get an alarm system. Just make sure you always park in secure car parks and that sort of stuff.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: My ma70 Tue, 11 November 2003 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was sceptical also coz i got a mate that goes to my curch, that has a r33 GTR Cost Him 60k and he just now modded it $20,000 upgrade twin-gt3530,tomei-cams,jun-pistons etc etc he got 320rwkw at all four wheels on a dyno at Subzero Performance in brisbane, this car goes so fast it hearts your heart and you cant breath on boost, you can start breathing when he comes off boost, hes had the car upto 270 ks/hr Shocked . It goes all over the road in straight line. Confused . When he bought it for 60k it had come straight from a Japanese tuning house so at that stage it was fast but now its a coffin on wheels Evil or Very Mad . BTW, Hes not a P plater with parents money, hes 30yo that builds large apartment buildings, i just hate seeing full show car wrx and supras with P's. Anyway to get that sought of power from stock internal 1jz, i have to see to beleive.

StephenT Smile

[Updated on: Tue, 11 November 2003 03:48]

Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: My ma70 Tue, 11 November 2003 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Exactly.

I too cannot stand to see those P platers in their hotted up cars.

In intend for the 250 rwkw or so for my car. That is what I am aiming at. Be a few years yet though. Smile
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: My ma70 Tue, 11 November 2003 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a few mates with quick cars and turbo motors so ill have a lot of knowhow when working on the Supra also one mate works in peps auto and i know another that works in autobarn so i can get heaps of stuff cheap including injectors, fuel pumps, forged pistons, exhaust, gauges etc etc etc. The Guy with the GTR doesnt know much about cars he just pays money and says i want to be fast, he doesnt even know he had a huge plenum chamber he said whats that but he rebuilds motorbikes, maybe he just doensnt know about turbo setups.

StephenT Smile

MIKE_JZA70_TYPE_R
Regular

November 2003
icon14.gif  Re: My ma70 Tue, 11 November 2003 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude,

good choice on the car.Looks HOT and super LOW! It wont take you long to realize that every man and his dog is going to have eyes on your pride and joy. Just lock it up and enjoy it man.

Peace
Mike
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: My ma70 Tue, 11 November 2003 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your car looks great! real mean!
i like it
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: My ma70 Tue, 11 November 2003 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmmmmm

http://goodshopping.com.au/celica/supra1.jpg

http://goodshopping.com.au/celica/supra4.jpg
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: My ma70 Tue, 11 November 2003 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice Very Happy , That car is super low, it looks like a 3inch drop from standard.
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: My ma70 Tue, 11 November 2003 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah. It is a 3 in drop. Gonna have to raise it soon. Bigger wheels (up to 18in) is going to mean no more super lowness.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: My ma70 Wed, 12 November 2003 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey mate,
I have connections with a place that sells all sorts of wheels and tyres, as i always say rims can make or brake a car.
Example My Car:
http://home.iprimus.com.au/smt7/tn-blucamry.jpg

PM me if interested.
Heres a link:
http://www.autorepairers.com.au/motor/topten/

[Updated on: Wed, 12 November 2003 01:15]

mr_ice55
Regular

April 2003
Re: My ma70 Tue, 18 November 2003 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mcbain u have a nice c supra, loks godo.
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: My ma70 Tue, 18 November 2003 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL!

Thanks mate. I do my best. Very Happy
AE92poit
Regular

January 2003

Re: My ma70 Mon, 24 November 2003 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol caledwvech you wont like 2 c me driving around in my jza70 with P plates then Razz

meh we will have 2 get a supra cruise happening in a month or so.... so i can show off my p plates Very Happy
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: My ma70 Mon, 24 November 2003 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heh heh. Do you drive around the West Pennant Hills area??
thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: My ma70 Tue, 25 November 2003 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice car dude,

I too am a p-plater n just worked my arse off for the last 6months to be able to afford my supra so some of us do do it on our own :S.

An mkIII crusie sounds sweet. Mine should be ready just after xmas to hit the streets as it will be lower, some nice 18" 5 spoke rims and a nice 3" exhaust just to start things off Very Happy Look forward to seeign the rest of you supra boys in the near future
AE92poit
Regular

January 2003

Re: My ma70 Tue, 25 November 2003 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe nah Caledwvech i dont Razz

i 2 work my ass off for my car!
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: My ma70 Tue, 25 November 2003 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmmmmmmmmm nice new pics

Surprised
MIKE_JZA70_TYPE_R
Regular

November 2003
Re: My ma70 Wed, 17 December 2003 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Drew,
Looking forward to catching up sometime
and maybe going for a cruise.

Mike Very Happy
thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: My ma70 Wed, 17 December 2003 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man thats insane premium there, $4750

Im 19, and pay 2500 a year full comp. My Excess will be around the 1700 mark if i claim, but i dont plan on writing it off so im not worried about that. I think im with Zurich, but could be GIO lol
MIKE_JZA70_TYPE_R
Regular

November 2003
icon4.gif  Re: My ma70 Wed, 17 December 2003 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone have any suggestions for insurance, having dramas.......
MA70 no probs
JZA70 = No Insurance

AE92poit
Regular

January 2003

Re: My ma70 Wed, 17 December 2003 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ypu check out just cars? and all those?... ill prolly have the same problem Sad Crying or Very Sad
7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: My ma70 Fri, 19 December 2003 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

But I reckon I will eventually get some 18 inch chromies.

Chromies are:

* shit
* a waste of money
* heavy
* a joke

You should consider investing in a 17" or 18" set of subtle wheels. Chromies are ghey, heavy, and negatively affect handling/braking performance due to their sheer weight. They also make you look like a tosser!

I cannot put into words how upset I will be if you put chromies on the car and ruin it Sad

Here is a mate's car... these wheels look pretty nice. Still they're a touch too shiny.. something silver/grey coloured would suit fantastically. Even still, these are 10 times better than chromies!

http://www.turbosupras.com/albums/Rims/danny_s_mags_side_001.sized.jpg

I'm glad ou're taking care of it, but have some pride boy! Smile
JZA70_R
Regular

December 2003

Re: My ma70 Sat, 20 December 2003 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am also a P plater but there is only 1 person responsible for paying for my JZA70 and thats me not me olds. Some ppl actually do it the hard way. And yeh man nice ride Smile
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: My ma70 Sun, 21 December 2003 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

We shall see. I have actually photoshopped a few things, and they actually look really good. Thinking shadow chrome anyway.

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
HKS_TRD
Regular

September 2002
Re: My ma70 Thu, 08 January 2004 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow those wheels look very familiar!
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: My ma70 Thu, 08 January 2004 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
omg that is soo hot Shocked

i want i want i want
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: My ma70 Thu, 08 January 2004 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why thankyou. Smile But she's my baby, so HANDS OFF! Very Happy Very Happy
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: My ma70 Fri, 09 January 2004 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, howz the BEAST, got any new mods? Smile , will you be at toymods dyno day?.

cya Smile
StephenT
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: My ma70 Fri, 09 January 2004 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The beast is sick. Sad

The beast has no rego. Sad

I will be at Dyno Day IF I have rego by then. Dont know yet. Actully I will be there, but I dont know if my baby will be. Sad
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: My ma70 Wed, 24 March 2004 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Update:

My Koni Yellows have now been replaced by some Bilstein Coil overs
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: My ma70 Wed, 24 March 2004 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ooooer
sounds expensive
worth the cost? Smile
Mofo III
Regular

March 2004

Re: My ma70 Wed, 24 March 2004 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im with the non-chromie nazi over there, keep chromies off it and get something that will suit the car's heritage. something japanese.

chromies are for ya mercs and beamers, not supras...
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: My ma70 Wed, 24 March 2004 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what about some white 5-spoke deep dish wheels?
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: My ma70 Thu, 25 March 2004 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cyber-punk wrote on Wed, 24 March 2004 17:33

ooooer
sounds expensive
worth the cost? Smile

Well it usually would be expensive but thanks to our very own Stenno here I bought the 4 shocks for $350 and had them fitted and tested at Pittwater brake and clutch for $162. So not too bad really. Quite a bit higher now but still handles like a dream (if anything better). The Bilsteins were set up for drifting it seems so she is very firm but still ok to drive.

Next comes my full exhaust. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

[Updated on: Thu, 25 March 2004 05:29]

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: My ma70 Thu, 25 March 2004 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
isn't that "Stenno"? Very Happy
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: My ma70 Fri, 04 June 2004 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, thanks to Rod and his work and Silverwater Automotive Services I now have some beautiful Iridium Spark Plugs, some fully sik bro blue spark plug leads and a new afm. Goes much nicer now and faster. Smile I shall try and put some new pics up soon.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: My ma70 Sun, 06 February 2005 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
new pic

http://roblincolne.com/pix/DSC06075.jpg
negative boost
Regular

October 2004
Re: My ma70 Sun, 06 February 2005 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that is one sweet ride, i'd stick with the standard wheels untill i did some engine tuning and then look at the suspension/wheels combo to make her track like its on rails. Thats just me, im no chromies fan
Mofo III
Regular

March 2004

Re: My ma70 Sun, 06 February 2005 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
car looks nice man, have you had any problems with those wheels?
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: My ma70 Sun, 06 February 2005 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and a couple more Smile

170.? RWKW on DD10

http://www.roblincolne.com/pix/DSC06076.jpg

http://www.roblincolne.com/pix/DSC06077.jpg

http://homepage.mac.com/andrewlincolne/.Pictures/Photo%20Album%20Pictures/2005-01-15%2020.29.07%20-0800/Image-ECEF3F4E677511D9.jpg

http://www.roblincolne.com/pix/dd10.jpg

[Updated on: Sun, 06 February 2005 13:54]

reddy sx
Regular

November 2003
icon10.gif  Re: My ma70 Mon, 07 February 2005 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ur car always looks sweet man, i think its awsome.
gigante
Regular

January 2005
Re: My ma70 Tue, 08 February 2005 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very nice man!!!

*drool* Laughing

why didnt you go for the jza70 2.5 tt?!?
couldnt cum across one or...
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: My ma70 Thu, 03 March 2005 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks dudes. I love my car. Smile

Yeah i couldnt come across one of those that fitted my needs. Smile Would have actually loved a ijz tt one, but i spent AGES looking for one. This was a very good deal and i knew it had been looked after.
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: My ma70 Thu, 03 March 2005 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mofo III wrote on Sun, 06 February 2005 18:46

car looks nice man, have you had any problems with those wheels?

I have had a little trouble. They have the wrong offset so i cannot turn my wheels to full lock (about half a turn off). But apart from that (and i get used to that) they are sweet.
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: My ma70 Thu, 03 March 2005 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
negative boost wrote on Sun, 06 February 2005 18:04

that is one sweet ride, i'd stick with the standard wheels untill i did some engine tuning and then look at the suspension/wheels combo to make her track like its on rails. Thats just me, im no chromies fan

Already got the suspension. Smile She's sitting on Bilstein adjustable coilovers. And yes it corners like it's on rails except for when i hit bumps and then it goes psycho because the suspension is so hard. Evil or Very Mad
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: My ma70 Fri, 04 March 2005 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
new pix of new wheels

http://www.roblincolne.com/pix/DSC06218.jpg

http://www.roblincolne.com/pix/DSC06219.jpg
The Bruster
Regular

August 2003
Re: My ma70 **new wheels! + pix** Wed, 08 June 2005 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Very nice!!! I love seeing older cars well looked after and cared for! to Me thasts worth more then having a new car!!

Whats all this "settle for the mk III" Wink

I'll probably get flamed for this but I prefer the MkIII to the Mk4.. (my ideal car is mkiii shell, mk4 running gear, best of both worlds!!)

I have always liked old school cars Very Happy
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic::D Sean's AE86 :D
Next Topic:lenny's ke 30
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 05:38:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0105299949646 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.