Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
yatesie
Occasional Poster

May 2002
thinking of a car to buy Fri, 12 July 2002 12:45 Go to next message
I have seen a few toyota out there, similar to this one.
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/9975/vehicl epix/89celat.jpg
ive been told its a ST165 AWD 3S-GE, but do the come in a rear only drive? or front?

I love the look of these cars, and the 3S's potential just sets it off.

Id like opinions about this model, and what sort of price should i look at paying for one.

THanks guys
James
  Send a private message to this user    
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: thinking of a car to buy Fri, 12 July 2002 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The link doesn't work... Any other pics at all???
SmellyTofu
Regular

May 2002
Re: thinking of a car to buy Sat, 13 July 2002 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I didn't even know there was a 3SGE 4WD available? The only ones I know of is the GT4 version. Check the details before going any further.
yatesie
Occasional Poster

May 2002
Re: thinking of a car to buy Sat, 13 July 2002 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeha.. i tihnk the 4WD version is the GT4... and also the 3S-GTE.... the link works for me? i think its about a '89ish model.

James
yatesie
Occasional Poster

May 2002
Re: thinking of a car to buy Sat, 13 July 2002 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its a celica ST162!!! the user Celica162 has it as his pic!!

check the vic roll call forum...

James
TCHOON
Regular

June 2002
Re: thinking of a car to buy Sat, 13 July 2002 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah it's the original GT4. Best looking model imho, and no scoops or anything to give it away from the stock SX models, except the guards are slightly pumped.
Pricing is a bit difficult as there are very few of them here. They were never officially imported, but I saw a couple in England ( '88 I think. The ae92 was already out then..)

If the ling doesn't work for some of those geocities pics, then open a new window, and cut and paste the url. No one has ever explained to me why this works, but it does. Confused
Suzuki_Man
Newcomer

July 2002
Re: thinking of a car to buy Sat, 13 July 2002 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
don't listen to these fools, buy a suzuki baleno. Baleno's are the shit! awesome bro!

http://www.webspawner.com/users/suzukimanisthesh/engine%20bay.JPG
yatesie
Occasional Poster

May 2002
Re: thinking of a car to buy Sat, 13 July 2002 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suzuki_Man...... if i was in the market for glorifyed shopping trolley, i would (only for a second) consider a Suzuki Baleno, but if you refer to the topic, then you should realise that i am after a CAR (you know those things that go 'broom broom'... not 'rattle rattle' whilst you try and avoid the spilt milk in isle 12 with little more than 2 loafs of bread on board.

I hear that the driving position of the baleno was designed around the driver having been adorned with high heels. Can you verify this for me? Although the chick who use to do the ad's for the vehicle in question was quite attractive, i find it hard to believe that women of her calibre would be found other than dead in a vehicle similar to that with a male driving it.

From a (not so close inspection), the boot area seems to be a good shape for carrying your lunch, no more! (taking the average sandwich volume to be that of a ham sandwich - no mustard)

Maybe this inordinatly small volume could be ideal for you stereo system, assuming that the SPL rating of such system was a close correlation to that of the boots volume.

As for the engine..... id like to give it a run on the dyno against me.. (to keep competition fair, i will be bringing my ride on mover along for the occasion)

In closing - the Suzuki Baleno - as a car... makes a great emergency fireplace

[Updated on: Sat, 13 July 2002 12:36]

justinharwoodran
Regular

May 2002
Re: thinking of a car to buy Sun, 14 July 2002 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suzuki_Man

I wouldn't let my wife drive a Baleno in broad day light, but I'd probably recommend one for my old nanny in Tassy, is your heap for sale and would it make it to Bingo once a week?

Remember what Darrel said to the hot shot lawyers after winning his case in the high court of Australia, in the classic movie, The Castle - I think this best describes you "bro"

Justin
celica162
Regular

May 2002
Re: thinking of a car to buy Sun, 14 July 2002 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The ST165 is a GT4 (3SGTE) - AWD
The ST162 is a FWD (3SGE) - 2WD

The pic is an ST165, the front bar and side skirts are different of the ST162's plastic screw in spoiler.

Either way, i rekon the ST16x Celica's are great cars mine is the 162 but i dont really have any traction issue's yet and im running really crap tyres on the front.

Mine is pretty much stock still (engine wise) and it can beat allot of other 'sports' cars of its time including S13 Silvia's (N/A) even gives the SW20 MR2's (N/A) a run for their money.

[TOYROTA]
Regular

July 2002
Re: thinking of a car to buy Sun, 14 July 2002 14:03 Go to previous message
Ok, hold on a second. I admit i know $hit all about Baleno's (fortunaty... Nod ) ESPECIALLY what their engine bays look like, but, correct me if i'm wrong, the last time i checked they were frontwheel drive, and didn't come with 13B TURBO'S!!!! Whats the go? That isn't a Baleno engine bay in the pic is it? Admittedly, it is 12am, and i will probably read what i've written tomorrow and try to injure myself due to my stupidity, but i have never seen a baleno engine bay, but i damn well know what a 13Bturbo looks like when i see one, so whats the pic for, besides confusing me?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Paging Bunny
Next Topic:You know you want to vote!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:26:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0066421031951904 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.