Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Such a cheap ST165 GT4 on eBay Tue, 26 August 2003 00:42 Go to next message
This was up before, but it didn't sell, so he has lowered the price!

I WANT IT SO BAAAAAAD. Only 1k more than I paid for my car! Argh!

http://ebay1.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_0cce367c24988ae22e4de14742ee1cd5/i-1.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;item=2429162109&category=18290
  Send a private message to this user    
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Such a cheap ST165 GT4 on eBay Tue, 26 August 2003 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You cannot resist. you know you cant.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Such a cheap ST165 GT4 on eBay Tue, 26 August 2003 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i KNOW! But the other thing I can't resist is 'not having money', so I am stuffed. Sad
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Such a cheap ST165 GT4 on eBay Tue, 26 August 2003 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sell your car for $5500 or $6000 and get that. Smile You probably could.
niggel_e
Regular

January 2003
Re: Such a cheap ST165 GT4 on eBay Tue, 26 August 2003 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hell if I could sell my car in the space of 2 days.... I'ld be in for sure... Love the ST165, a real sleeper, everyone knows celica (FWD ones anyways) as hairdresser cars. The ST165 looks so similar to the 162 almost no one will spot the difference... Till they see smoke from all 4 paws and hear the BOV... Evil or Very Mad
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Such a cheap ST165 GT4 on eBay Tue, 26 August 2003 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maaaaannnnnnnn I want it!!!!!!
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Such a cheap ST165 GT4 on eBay Tue, 26 August 2003 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chuckles - if they hear a BOV - its modified - if they see smoke off the 4 wheels - youve got traction issues , diesel under them - or they are bald

GT$'s are VERY hard to get tyres smoking on - trust me - ive tried ! - they just dig down and launch!
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Such a cheap ST165 GT4 on eBay Tue, 26 August 2003 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am going to start crying I think I am so wanting it
niggel_e
Regular

January 2003
Re: Such a cheap ST165 GT4 on eBay Tue, 26 August 2003 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

yes Classique Razz , but the point was clear Very Happy
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Such a cheap ST165 GT4 on eBay Tue, 26 August 2003 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Nigel, I spoke to the guy who is selling it and he said that there is a guy in tassie who will most certainly buy it if he can ensure rego down there.

Sad for me

Smile for dude in tassie

we will have to get him on Toymods Smile
niggel_e
Regular

January 2003
Re: Such a cheap ST165 GT4 on eBay Tue, 26 August 2003 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hmmm yeah I would have to get to know this guy.... I would love to go for a ride in it, just to see how much quicker they really are. Evil or Very Mad
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Such a cheap ST165 GT4 on eBay Wed, 27 August 2003 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chuckles - think your humble st162 with a rocket up its arse on rails - thats how much quicker they are Wink

DavGT4
Regular

I supported Toymods
Toymods Special Events Coordinator

March 2003
Re: Such a cheap ST165 GT4 on eBay Wed, 27 August 2003 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing

Like Stu said, there's no comparison....

Rob... get a loan - it'll be worth it - I promise! Very Happy
If I could get my hands on 6k, I'd buy it... the only thing better than a GT4 is TWO GT4's Laughing
niggel_e
Regular

January 2003
Re: Such a cheap ST165 GT4 on eBay Wed, 27 August 2003 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hmmm... ok... so if I can get a cheap concorde jet engine (as concords are no longer flying...parts have to be getting cheap now Rolling Eyes) and modify my car to run on train tracks we should be all good then...? Very Happy
benen
Regular

August 2003
Re: Such a cheap ST165 GT4 on eBay Wed, 27 August 2003 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
theyre awesome. My mate has an 89 gt four and has never lost a drag. There was 5 of us in his car and we still ripped the tits of a new v8 commodore and teh guy pulled up next to us and wouldnt even look at us like it never happened. (this is a highly modified gt four though)
benen
Regular

August 2003
Re: Such a cheap ST165 GT4 on eBay Wed, 27 August 2003 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm, i just got insurance money from my last car. and im looking for an ra28 to do up but id sure like a gt four. decisions decisions. would there have to be something wrong with it to be that price? my friend is selling his next year cause of insurance prices for a 19 year old (in excess of 3k a year lol) and hell be asking for like 18k
niggel_e
Regular

January 2003
Re: Such a cheap ST165 GT4 on eBay Wed, 27 August 2003 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

'89 would make it a st185 wouldn't it? $18k dosn't seem unreasonable for a modded version. 185's would obviously go for more than a 165. 185's go from about $13k up. You can get 165's (86-88) inported under the 15 y.o. rule, and some of the unmodified ones start at around $6.5k landed. So $6k is cheap, but not cheap enough to justify anything wrong with it I would say.
benen
Regular

August 2003
Re: Such a cheap ST165 GT4 on eBay Wed, 27 August 2003 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the ad says it has had a 185 engine to replace the origninal though
niggel_e
Regular

January 2003
Re: Such a cheap ST165 GT4 on eBay Wed, 27 August 2003 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

He has also relisted at a lower price than before to, so I guess he is just desperate to get rid of it. Agree tho 185 motor would warrant a higher price. Either way... Some lucky bastard is about to get a bargain, garden variety 162's can get $6k, let alone 4wd turbo'ed slecas.
benen
Regular

August 2003
Re: Such a cheap ST165 GT4 on eBay Wed, 27 August 2003 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha yeah i agree
benen
Regular

August 2003
Re: Such a cheap ST165 GT4 on eBay Wed, 27 August 2003 16:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm, maybe my friend can get more than he thinks then cause its the fastest one in the state that we know of
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Such a cheap ST165 GT4 on eBay Thu, 28 August 2003 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Re st185's - thats what i have..

a 1990 model - lightly modified ( turbo boost controller , cat back exhaust turbo timer )

I picked mine up for 11K with 196 thousand on the clock

The motor is perfect for its age - it makes NO SMOKE AT ALL , the gearbox syncros havent worn , the interior is immaculate

Its only blemishes were a paintchip on the front bumper - and crowsfeet on the rear bumper ( hence why i have a group A bumperbar - new - ready to go ) and the fact the clearcoat has lifted around a few little bits ..

Otherwise its CLEAN - the guys who saw it in sydney can vouch for it im sure

If you were to buy a GT4 - they Australian delivered widebody like mine is your best bet if you want parts and such .. If you want light fun - St165 is the go - BUT remeber getting parts for them - will be extra hard seeing they NEVER came to australia..

Hopefully more will come under the 15yr rule to lessen this strain ..

Re fastest celica Gt4 - I bet theres a few out there that could give your buddys a scare .. What figures is it producing on dyno / Quarters
Also there was a Modified ST185 Group A for sale in melb on here recently that picked up 18K
if your buddy has put in SERIOUS work - ie full kitted out motor suspension etcetc - and rebuilt everything - he probably could get the 16 - 18 mark with little problem

Re conccorde motor - if you can get one - cool - but you will need the rails - as a FWD 162 with a boosted 3sgte under the hood is gunna have Major traction issues
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Such a cheap ST165 GT4 on eBay Thu, 28 August 2003 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
though the parts will be easier to get for this 165 as it has the 185 engine in it.. so there is a slight advantage to this one on eBay also.

Anyone would be nuts not to buy it. Smile Myself included...hehe

I think the 185 motor is slightly faster than the one in the 165???? am I wrong?
Sharpie
Regular

May 2003
Re: Such a cheap ST165 GT4 on eBay Fri, 29 August 2003 02:08 Go to previous message
They are very similar, but the two biggest differnces are that the 185 has a twin entry CT26 and a much better intercooler.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:WTB: Corolla Sx
Next Topic:wanted-ke30/ke55
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 21 20:30:33 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005842924118042 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.