Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
German
Occasional Poster

April 2003

gt4 4wd setup in '87 sx celica Tue, 26 August 2003 14:30 Go to next message
Is this possible?? will holes/bolts match up? what would the cost be? time that it would take?

Any help would be grateful.

Damo
  Send a private message to this user    
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: gt4 4wd setup in '87 sx celica Tue, 26 August 2003 22:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes.
no.
a lot.
a lot.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: gt4 4wd setup in '87 sx celica Wed, 27 August 2003 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The GT4 actually doesn't have exactly the same body as the ST162, that's why the GT4 was so expensive because it wasn't based off of the same manufacturing platform.

Unlike the Subarus which had a universal platform - which is why they were so cheap for 4WD/AWD cars.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: gt4 4wd setup in '87 sx celica Wed, 27 August 2003 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you want a Gt4 - save up and buy the real thing - then at least everyhting welse under the car is up to spec with the 4wd turbo running gear ..

you can pick up st165's from 7 Grand upward .
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: gt4 4wd setup in '87 sx celica Wed, 27 August 2003 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you looking for more power or do u just want the 4WD.
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: gt4 4wd setup in '87 sx celica Wed, 27 August 2003 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there's still the st165 with a 2nd gen 3sgte in it on sale on ebay.. go have a look.

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: gt4 4wd setup in '87 sx celica Wed, 27 August 2003 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shhhhh don't tell him! I secretly want to magically have like 6k to buy it with... Smile
German
Occasional Poster

April 2003

Re: gt4 4wd setup in '87 sx celica Wed, 27 August 2003 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dw rob, i aint gonna steal ya car from ya.

i am wanting to have the 4wd to have some more power.
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: gt4 4wd setup in '87 sx celica Wed, 27 August 2003 17:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It isn't the 4wd that gives the car more power. It is the fact that the 4WD celica's are turbo'ed(GT4's). If all u do is convert the st162 to 4wd u will in fact lose power through the drive train. I don't know the exact figures for the car but it will be about a 10-25% lose in power.
German
Occasional Poster

April 2003

Re: gt4 4wd setup in '87 sx celica Thu, 28 August 2003 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will be doing internals and that to engine

Why does the conversion make you lose power? That is very strange.
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: gt4 4wd setup in '87 sx celica Thu, 28 August 2003 03:16 Go to previous message
FWD loses alot less power through the drive train then RWD or 4WD. I don't know the exact reason, maybe it has to do with the more parts that are involved just to get the car moving.

I would have to agree with Classique71, save ur money and get the GT4. This method would be cheaper, and the car would come turbo'ed. It would be cheaper because u could get atleast $4k for ur car, so theres a start. The 4WD parts just for the conversion would come in over $3k (box, drive train, rear suspension, dif,etc). And then theres labour, engineers cert. and u will need to get ur exaust redone as it sits in the way.

If i am wrong here in anyway plz correct me, i won't take offence.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:engine problem
Next Topic:White line sway bars
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 01:48:17 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0066859722137451 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.