Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » insurance for 17yr old..

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
insurance for 17yr old.. Fri, 12 July 2002 08:05 Go to next message
hey guys how much are you paying for insurance
ive decided to go 3rd party.. AMMI is $563 while nrma has a crazy $853 quote.. ive heard 18 yr olds here go with shannons but how much? im on the justcarinsurance.com.au which is an underwriter for AMMI.. im gonna insurance for 3rd party property damage and say the vehicle is the standard CS carby engine instead of the ge.. for now becuase i dont have that much cash yet.. anyways what your thoughts or suggestions of companies and procedures.. my brother is saying go nrma but its just to damm much for only 3rd party
  Send a private message to this user    
Ribbo
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: insurance for 17yr old.. Fri, 12 July 2002 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ummm ive got my sprinter with shannons for like 500 or 600 and thats with telling them about the ge, thats 3rd party property.

Don't bother getting the insurance if ur not gonna tell them about the motor as if u have a crash and they see the motor they won't pay.
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: insurance for 17yr old.. Fri, 12 July 2002 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do they have pay by the month?
rollaboy
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: insurance for 17yr old.. Fri, 12 July 2002 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have a look at Suncorp Metway u can do a online insurance quote. I did one and they rang me on my mobile and after I told them what mods the car would have they said they couldnt insurer me but still sent me a letter on info etc etc . Really good customer service.

Brett
Ribbo
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: insurance for 17yr old.. Fri, 12 July 2002 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah think they do pay by month but im not sure....
think i tried suncorp but they were more expensive.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: insurance for 17yr old.. Sat, 13 July 2002 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shannons only insure under 21's for third party

They wont fully cover till your over 21 and/or own a " special/classic car " like a ta22

Im paying 450 a year ( by the month payments ) for my modded ta22 with them

Celica_RA40
Regular

May 2002
Re: insurance for 17yr old.. Sat, 13 July 2002 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shit you guys are paying heaps. i am paying about $340 a year under my own name for 3rd party damage and fire and theft with RACQ that is with telling them about mags and an EFI conversion Smile even though it is an import motor.

and i got that when i was 17 so im doin prety well. but i do have a $750 excess.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: insurance for 17yr old.. Sat, 13 July 2002 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My cover is full comprehensive cover - ie if i smash it - they repair it ..

i have aggreed value of the car ( so they dont rip me off in result of an accident ) and full salvage rights

$1000 dollar access a year for my age, but not bad considering the car being insured and my coverage ..

Celica_RA40
Regular

May 2002
Re: insurance for 17yr old.. Sat, 13 July 2002 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh i have mine to an agreed value too of 3 grand. im thinking i might have to jack it up to 5 grand or there abouts considering how much a good condition 18R-GEU is worth. SSS automotoive is selling them FROM 1600 with computers.
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: insurance for 17yr old.. Sat, 13 July 2002 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive done a quote with NRMA
twin cam ae82 with alloys and suspension mods
$494 under my mums name as owner but me as driver
$400 excess so not bad hey?

3rd party property

full comp would be $840
with agreed value on 3.5k

[Updated on: Sat, 13 July 2002 14:33]

DJBlade091
Occasional Poster

July 2002
icon13.gif  Re: insurance for 17yr old.. Sat, 13 July 2002 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm 23 with a 50% NCB and it costs me $900 for my GTi with 17x7" Mags, stereo gear, for agreed value of $10,700. AAMI - said they'd insure up to 2 inches wider and i told em they were 17's... so i went with em.... good shit...

the rest are rip offs NRMA - 1300!!! GIO wont cause of 17's, direct dial - market value,( $6500 for a gti ) thanks to the red book ( what would they know! ) i know its a rough guide, but i can get $10K for mine as it is, feck $6500 up there A$$

I've tried shannons and they wont insure the car because i can get insurance through normal brokers. Or Unless i whack a turbo on it.. in which case they said double the quote... ( morons ) 3rd party is around $500

AAMI is good, shouldnt be too dear.... esp if ya under 25 and do their advanced driving course ( bigger discount )
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: insurance for 17yr old.. Sun, 14 July 2002 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shit thats cheap classique !!
how old r u

im paying $710 for my ta22 and im 17 ...
Redline
Regular

May 2002

Re: insurance for 17yr old.. Sun, 14 July 2002 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$395 for my nissan silvia (non-turbo) through Just Cars
( im 18 )
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: insurance for 17yr old.. Sun, 14 July 2002 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcarinsurance.com.au?
Redline
Regular

May 2002

Re: insurance for 17yr old.. Sun, 14 July 2002 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep.

happy with that price, most people just basically didnt even give me a quote when I said male > 18 > import
Ribbo
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: insurance for 17yr old.. Sun, 14 July 2002 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think u will find that qld has cheaper insurance than nsw does which would be the reason for the cheaper qld guys payings
Redline
Regular

May 2002

Re: insurance for 17yr old.. Sun, 14 July 2002 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im in NSW =P
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: insurance for 17yr old.. Sun, 14 July 2002 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im 23 manipulate - with a good drivingh record and only one claim ..

Shannons are good for ta22's but remember they onlly insure " special " type cars ..

If your ta22 is nice - and maybe modified - and not just an old paddock hack - you might look into 3rd party with them ..

They dont insure comprehensively for anyone under 21 - and dont really like under 25's driving turbos ..

They do make exceptions in some cases - though you have to have a history with them or own a classic type car again
cb86
Newcomer

June 2002
Re: insurance for 17yr old.. Sun, 14 July 2002 17:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm 21, and paying $190pa for 3rd party with the raa (south aus).. at least we have somethings good here.
Toby AE82 Twin
Regular

July 2002
Re: insurance for 17yr old.. Mon, 15 July 2002 00:46 Go to previous message
I am 23 got 3rd party property with CGU on AE82 twin cam for $270. They were easily the cheapest for me.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Car Alarms\Central locking
Next Topic:Paging Bunny
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 20:13:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0070910453796387 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.